SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

Thursday
1mJP.gif

Ever Ready NA Heavy Flat Top - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - OSP Sandalwood - RazoRock Plissoft - Superdrug Sierran Breeze AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230429-162139-01.jpg

PXL_20230504_091501605.MP~2.jpg
May 4.

Milky May.

Razor - Ever-Ready Natural Angle
Blade - Treet carbon steel
Brush - Highlander M7 Tortoise shell badger
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt
The shave today was wonderful, the E-R Natural Angle razor fitted with a Treet carbon steel blade knocked down my stubble with ease.
The Milky May soap, La Savonnire du moulin was of course one of the reasons why this shave was so good, my Highlander M7 badger brush whipped the soap into a thick slick and shiny lather allowing the razor and blade Combo to really work well.
I was left with super smooth skin which felt soft and supple.
Everything used worked in perfect harmony today, I couldn't have asked for a better shave! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

I've been proper busy since the day before the London Marathon!

I managed to finish in 4:23 and to prepare, used...........Signature Londinium - what else? The following day, I visited Truefitt & Hill and made a few purchases to reward myself for actually finishing on the Sunday.
Then, away with work for the rest of the week, where I continued with the Rex 1955 and Pinaud Clubman Tequila Tease, had a company dinner, where about 30 of us have picked up Covid - thanks work!!
This week have used the T&H stuff I bought - very nice indeed.
Yesterday, I used Razorock Blue Barbershop, as my den has had a restock of that one in the past few weeks.
Been using my very trusty Tech set #27 or my N4 slim both with a Nacet blade loaded.
To change it up, I loaded up the Black beauty with one of the original blades - super, super smooth.
For today, a bit of British leather as it's a grey day.

Looking forwards to another bank holiday and King Charlies coronation - need to put up a bit of bunting and mow the lawn first!

Attachments

• 20230504_090205.jpg
    20230504_090205.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230502_192409.jpg
    20230502_192409.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230426_111719.jpg
    20230426_111719.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230422_213353.jpg
    20230422_213353.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230422_213307.jpg
    20230422_213307.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 7
04/05/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Original Sample
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Brazilian Wilkinson Sword
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 18 (6).JPG
The BWS blade was still working well in the Athena even though it had completed 7 shaves in 15 passes, it was still cutting towards the end of this shave, although, with a noticeable drop off in smoothness. It has now been retired.
I am still using too much soap to get lather for just 3 passes.
A nice post shave routine leaving me with a comfortable BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thursday 4 May

IMG_0058.jpeg

Karve Overlander
Personna Super US
Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Hand made (by a good friend) spalted beech handle with synthetic knot
The Karve is a beautifully made razor, brass is a very tactile metal, balanced and really easy to use. Minimal blade exposure and gap implies it might be a mild razor. It may be but it did a fine job, 2 passes and pick ups for a dfs result.
First use of the Bay Rum. I was taken by surprise by the strong tingling and cool feel after brushing it on. Have not felt this with any of my other soaps and creams and so didn’t expect this from the Bay Rum. It didn’t cause irritation after the shave but as I hadn’t expected it felt, wrongly as it turned out, that I needed to shave quickly. However, the Karve never missed a beat despite the high speed swishing around so no weepers or nicks.
Have a fine evening fellas!

SOTD 20230504 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso Ginestra di Taormina Forte
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #13
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP

Back
Top Bottom