SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

SOTD 03-Apr
20230501_163438.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Snake Venom
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Decent shave this morning, nice smooth run with a very respectable finish.

Another Goats milk offering for 'The Milky-May', I'll have to dig out some wholly kaw for tomorrow just to give the goat a rest and the donkey a turn...all sounds so wrong.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

IMG_1590.jpeg
SOTD: 03/05/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

It’s taken time but I’ve found a spectacular version of one of my favourite scents in soap form! I’ve read an interview previously that Black Orchid is particularly a difficult scent to reproduce due to its ingredients but MSC have nailed it! It’s excellent and strong off the puck and this just improves further when lathered! The MSC base lathers excellently, it’s almost too easy to get a thick, voluminous cream in seconds. I currently can’t choose between this and HC&C’s Dark Moon but this may just have the edge as I don’t have to use the fragrance oil and can just go to it and use it off the puck. It’s straight into my top 10 and an absolute to winner for me! If you like TF Black Orchid it’s a no brainer!
Enjoy your day guys!

I guess it will work ok without the washer Chris but as you probably are aware the head stub thread that the handle attaches to isn’t circular. It’s a threaded flat stub so that the GEM blade which has a central slot can be fitted over it. The head needs to be loaded and handle tightened carefully so as not to cross the thread. Difficult to describe what I mean here but to me it doesn’t give the same snugness as you would get for example from a normal DE handle/head fit up. Alan
Curious, if you try to use it without the washer does the baseplate move or is it still secure? Just wondering as mine had an issue and wouldn't tighten without a washer and I sent it back for a replacement.

Milky May continues with more goat milk soap, and what was definitely the last shave from this FHS-10 blade. I persevered but probably should not have. 3rd shave was OK but 4 was too far. I like the soap though. Low volume lather but quite slick. I can't decide which of the 2 scents I prefer. This is the fresher of the 2, the Azur is sweeter. The Phantom Aerolite was made for this soap, I just didn't realise it when I bought it!
20230503_080847.jpg

Curious, if you try to use it without the washer does the baseplate move or is it still secure? Just wondering as mine had an issue and wouldn't tighten without a washer and I sent it back for a replacement.
The head is actually a more snug fit on mine without the washer. It seems fine to use with or without the washer. Maybe it was a travel washer?
I think I’ll leave the washer out in future

Wed3rd May

Stirling Syn 26mm
Williams Mug soap
Occams Hiram Commander- 2 dot plate
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Despite its apparent bulk, once in the hand I find this Razor to be very well balanced and easy to use. I actually brought it to replace my King Cobra, and prefer this one. A nice comfortable Shave with an excellent finish.

8D18D450-C3AE-4B25-A052-D905887BE81B.jpeg

03/05/23
My Final Shave with the vintage Gibbs
Wk 18 (5a).gif
Wk 18 (5b).gif

Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1952
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 18 (5).JPG
Well, its been a very enjoyable 4yr journey (just a week short) using this Vintage cream.
Another very nice shave today. I have to say that throughout the shave i was thinking "am i the last person to use this version of the Gibbs shave cream?" who knows. I got 47 shaves out that tube.
I will be keeping an eye out for some more.
Anyway, i digress, 2 very comfortable passes WTG and ATG with a few touch up areas XTG for a "face feeler finish".
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

The head is actually a more snug fit on mine without the washer. It seems fine to use with or without the washer. Maybe it was a travel washer?
I think I’ll leave the washer out in future
Ah fair enough, and yeah you're probably right. I'm pretty sure it was Karve that did the same and actually told you to remove it prior to use, I kept it to avoid the marking. With the Shield GEM though I got shot of it, that was probably out of sheer annoyance at the whole rigmarole, though it's a bloomin good razor.

SOTD 20230503 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Omega 90081, Beehive, Syntex, Synth Gen1, 22x50x104mm, Fanshape
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #12
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
SEGHGFH.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px
Soundtrack: Lenny Kravitz - How Long Have You Been Blind (by Harry Belafonte)

Back
Top Bottom