SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

Well chaps and chapesses I do hope you had a most wonderful Bank Holiday and everybody had a most tiptop time. Totally smashing over here and to end it all on a chipper shave themed, 'May Day'

20230501_171253.jpg

Mayday Mayday Mayday - Ikon B1
SOS - Gillette 7-O'Clock
••• --- ••• - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Save Our Soap - Signature Soaps Condate
Aide Moi - Collegen moisturiser

And my damn good fellow was it a most commendable shave? Well felatio me sideways, it was a most fornicatingly (in a working class manner) bodacious bit of tonsile time. My visage is as smooth as a baby's posterior and I am feeling absolutely spiffing. Pretty damn Satan's abodish. And no phallic danglies reflected in my daguerreotype.

And I jolly well do love you all. Have some Beaver....

Tue 2nd
Cream Palmolive Regular
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershave Proraso Green Splash
Nice shave cream with a rich slick lather and a light pleasant scent.
The shave with this razor was very good. The edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen after stroping on the roo leather. A very enjoyable 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230502_103638.jpg

SOTD: 2nd May 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword.(Saloon Pack) (D1)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Denim Original ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

It's been a while since I last used the inexpensive Wilkinson Sword Classic razor which for me is always a pleasure to shave with.

The two-piece design of the razor makes it easy to load the blade, covering the full blade with no exposure of the blade edges a brilliant safety feature especially for shaving sensitive areas without the risk of getting Cuts & nicks from the blade ends which was a great bonus for me when i first introduced myself to the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

The Blade gap is considerably smaller than the newer sibling the WS premium TTO model, but it still gives an acceptable presentable shave. Paired together with the GWS(Saloon Pack) made a smooth efficient duo....A great inexpensive razor that will always be part of my razor rotation.

The WS shave stick is a wonderful shave stick it's surprising how much of a good lather you get from this humble shave stick.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 02-May
20230501_093146.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: SSC MITA
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Rubie (3)

Lovely no fuss shave, whilst I like all these fancy soaps with their a ton of exotic butters and various other concoctions that I have no idea as to what they do, it really is hard to argue with what you get from Stirling. A bountiful lineup, vast quantities and relatively inexpensive whilst also being a reliable soap. Don't get me wrong I'm not ditching the rest of my den in favour of Stirling, but I do enjoy them.

Wow that was a positive spiel for a first day back to work, probably not worth talking to me at 5!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Hurrah - my images are back up!

Last two SOTD's:

AN9tBgo.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Stainless Krona (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Perfecto Aftershave Lotion

MbQh7zO.jpg

Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne

Hurrah - my images are back up!

Last two SOTD's:

AN9tBgo.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Stainless Krona (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Perfecto Aftershave Lotion

MbQh7zO.jpg

Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
Great to see you have got your pictures back Tom!

Paul.

Tuesday 2 May

IMG_0057.jpeg

Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Personna platinum chrome 7x
Synthetic reknot in ageless stone handle
Not a great fan of this particular soap, creams well but I can’t detect any discernible scent. I’m more a Sandalwood man. Nice wooden bowl though.
Blade was on 7th use but still performed a dfs 2 pass shave. Love Personna :love:
Have a great day fellas!

SOTD 2023052 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Puig Myrurgia Hidalgo Crema de Afeitar (sample, vintage)
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #11
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP

Back
Top Bottom