SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

SOTD: 29th April 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: La Toja Shave Stick.
Razor: Merkur 34C. - Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ La Toja ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Face & Head Shave) (Shave Stick Week)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...After the comfortable close shaves with the Merkur 34C recently I've decided to do a head shave with this little razor. The verdict?

I wasn't quite sure if the 34C/V-SM blade duo would be efficient enough for head shaving as I normally choose one of my Injector razors or a more aggressive razor/blade setup for my head shaves as my head stubble is very coarse and tends to dull blades far quicker than with my face shaves... However the Super-Max didn't fail to perform with enough efficiency with no indication of feeling tuggy or dulling throughout both shaves.

It's been a while since i used the la toja shave stick, another item I've had in my den for a long time which to be honest another shaving soap i've infrequently used in the past.

The La Toja stick like the Lea stick has a good slickness & post shave I really like the fragrance of the this shave stick, it's got a fresh clean fragrance, which to my nose reminds me of dove soap with a masculine edge to it.

Another enjoyable close comfortable acceptable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230429zkdqn.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Behold The Whatsis!
- Paladin "Sumo" Select Badger
- Mühle "Kosmo" with ASP blade
- Myrsol Formula C aftershave

:D

PXL_20230429_081928370~2.jpg

Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - Gem stainless
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olive wood
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

Another fab shave using a Gem blade, the Sabre held the blade perfectly, a joy to shave with.
I really love Sig Soaps Capra, my skin likes it very much, soft and supple everytime.
A fresh zingy blast from the Citron Citron, the perfect end to the perfect shave!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy! :)

Paul.

SOTD 29-Apr
20230428_172519.jpg
Brush: Simpson M7
Soap: NO Logbook
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Decent shave and excellent scent, nice relaxing and slow shave this morning, one of those rare instances where the house is quiet (little one taken out by the Mrs) and everything slotted into place nicely.

Smelling good with a smooth irritation free finish. Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 104817

Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - Gem stainless
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar, Olive wood
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris EDP

Another fab shave using a Gem blade, the Sabre held the blade perfectly, a joy to shave with.
I really love Sig Soaps Capra, my skin likes it very much, soft and supple everytime.
A fresh zingy blast from the Citron Citron, the perfect end to the perfect shave!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy! :)

Paul.
Thank you. Have a great weekend
Best Regards
Brian

Sat 29th April

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
Schick Super 11 plus cart ( 1 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Though not a cart user these days, I have used a NOS Schick Super 11 with good results. As a result I brought a Chinese version of a Super 11 plus and shaved with it today. I found that by using short no pressure strokes I cleared my 2 day dense growth with ease.
Be interested to see how long a cart lasts, but looks as though it would make a good travel Razor.

7E761162-F6BE-4764-B2BE-6398448B2F63.jpeg

Saturday 29 May

IMG_7761.jpeg

Shield gr5 Titanium with GEM blade gave a very close first pass wtg. Angle is obviously important as the head and blade lie pretty flat on the face. It never felt like it wanted to bite although the sound track did a good impression of growling Doberman looking at a prime steak for lunch :rolleyes:
A very light atg pass and minor pick ups produced a very satisfying bbs finish.
The razor is really well made with a great Matt finish and holds the GEM snugly. The only irritating thing is that silly little washer, no way on Earth is that not ending up inadvertently going down the plug hole at some stage. Surely the designer could have found a more sensible way to secure the handle to the head :unsure:

Have a great weekend fellas!

Sat 29
Soap Tcheon Fung Sing Tabacum Crepito
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 "Steamship" Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
This soap was long ignored (3 years) but today's lather whip-up by the excellent brush was good...the splash is even better!!
This razor's best performance today! Spend time putting it through the ark then roo leather resulting in a buttery smooth, crisp edge, and with the razor's weight, 3 very satisfying passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230429_112911.jpg

Saturday 29 May

View attachment 104826

Shield gr5 Titanium with GEM blade gave a very close first pass wtg. Angle is obviously important as the head and blade lie pretty flat on the face. It never felt like it wanted to bite although the sound track did a good impression of growling Doberman looking at a prime steak for lunch :rolleyes:
A very light atg pass and minor pick ups produced a very satisfying bbs finish.
The razor is really well made with a great Matt finish and holds the GEM snugly. The only irritating thing is that silly little washer, no way on Earth is that not ending up inadvertently going down the plug hole at some stage. Surely the designer could have found a more sensible way to secure the handle to the head :unsure:

Have a great weekend fellas!
I think washer is just there to stop the handle marking the underside of the plate. You shouldn't need to use it if you don't want to.
SotD-29/04/23.

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - Wolfman WR-1 (0.94)
Blade: - Gillette Winner (New)
Brush: - Tony Forsyth 'Emerald' Manchurian (30mm)
S&S: - Noble Otter 'Rawr'
EdP: - J.M. Anise & Vanilla.

Hopefully the Sun will show up soon.

Happy Shaves To All & Enjoy Your Weekend .

View attachment 104827View attachment 104828View attachment 104829View attachment 104830
Lovely looking brush, Andy.

Back
Top Bottom