SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

I’m

Perfect choice and well done. Mot sure I could walk a marathon let alone run one!!
Not sure I could walk one?. I could just about eat one.

And no, I am not going to bow to any kind of pressure to start calling them "Snickers". Marathon was aspirational (if inappropriate for a chocolate bar with peanuts, nougat and stuff generally inconducive to running 26 miles). Snickers just sounds like Muttley laughing.

Friday AM 2023-05-05
National Space Day
tIHt7ym.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4
Personna 74 Tungsten (17)
Ethos Grooming custom Honeysuckle aftershave

A touch of spring in this shave for a dark, rainy morning. Frank made this excellent custom software, whose scent brings me important childhood memories.
IOi2whq.jpg

IMG_1593.jpeg
SOTD: 05/05/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Magh Tured Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

I was doubtful about this soap as it seemed very mild scented off the puck, thankfully it stepped up a level when lathered and while still not strong it was a good solid dupe and lovely base, another thick yogurty/creamy lather which worked a treat. The ocd in me likes matching my soaps and splashes in some form so this goes very well with my TF Oud Wood dupe from Maison Alhambra. Another keeper! So far I’m more than happy with everything I ordered from Pasteurs.

Friday 5th May

AJFCJaVTP2J9N_LquyjKQ9dbMiLdPzSCsxlLSj7xldqS79BBG_nGegK9a_9Z2NwUQkj4FWS0JwWQgNXq7ZmEmx-qT18WwB5dHyjyfxLhwl1b_Pmbpe-qwOvwHWz33RmIeoCgZEqQvP8juAC-dpy4jfeyw7agZA=w800

Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
GEM Featherweight & GEM by Personna (5)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

There's always seems to be something more interesting to shave with than the Featherweight. Overlooked, much like the late spiral-handled Gillette Tech, it is actually a really good shaver - certainly not mild and the orientation of the handle keeps the head square to the face. Overlooked, indeed! It's a super razor!

First week using this new Omega 11137 and it's yet another Omega that is absolutely usable straight out of the box. Lovely scrub to it, and while I don't think it is any different to the 10005 that I have the different handle makes all the difference ... doesn't it? I'm going to set it aside until next week and enjoy my SOCs over the weekend.

Splash of the vintage good stuff for afters ...

Omega 20102
Leaf Twig
Leaf blade (came with the twig)
Razorok Caribbean holiday soap & matching A/S
Bart’s bonce balm (head)

End of week shave with my new arrivals.
First time using a soap, swirled it around until it started to lather then moved to my face, it smells amazing! I misjudged how much I’d need and only had enough for my face and had to lather up again for my head.
The twig is so easy to use, chopped down a few days growth no problem. Didn’t have half the hassle negotiating around my chin and under my nose. Head was easy to do too, thought I’d got a bit close on top but no blood. Had to do a few passes in a couple of places, the more aggressive thorn might have got it first time but I reckon I would’ve come off worse elsewhere. Maybe when I’ve had a bit more practice?
Used the matching Caribbean holiday a/s, stung a little at first but soon died down, again smells amazing and bonus points, the wife likes it :)
Went a bit gentler on my head with Bart’s unscented bonce balm.
All in all very impressed with my new kit and look forward to using it again. F2EB7A56-0A79-4A4F-AFD9-BAFCB981BCC1.jpeg

Not sure I could walk one?. I could just about eat one.

And no, I am not going to bow to any kind of pressure to start calling them "Snickers". Marathon was aspirational (if inappropriate for a chocolate bar with peanuts, nougat and stuff generally inconducive to running 26 miles). Snickers just sounds like Muttley laughing.
Marathon it is! Peanut Power! For some reason it’s made me think of Spangles and Fry’s Five Centres.

20230504_215409.jpg

And a most gracious welcome to my final SOTD for this week which I am most charmed to present to you complete with the theme, 'Otoboke Beaver'

20230505_172359.jpg

Accorinrin - Muhle R89
Yoyoyoshie - Polsilver Lodz
Hiro-Chan :love: - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Kahokiss - Signature Soaps Londinium
Damnably - L'Occitane Cade balm
Drinking boys and choir girls - ADP Colonia

20230504_213122.jpg

Accorinrin points at the dirtiest old fart in the audience.... me

A blindingly stupendous shave with the 89 and that most awe-inspiring of lathering phenomenon, the Londinium. In absence of a bit of tonsile time last night so I could be indeed, the dirtiest old fart, this was a very welcomed bit of 'me time'. As smooth as a Beavers rear end, but I doubt it.

And the girls from Otoboke?

Spiffingly marvelous and absolutely fucking awesome. I fell in love with the bass player (So stunning close up)...and my wife out of love with me. 'Do they all wear coordinated orange knickers?'. 'I guess so. Do you? Oh sorry forgot I'm wearing them. You've got my Y fronts on'

Actually my wife loved the whole concert and especially the support act 'Drinking boys and choir girls'. Full marks to a very nice wife who can put up with me. And of course does like me nicely shaved.

I shall finish this week with some final Otoboke to sign off on. Have a great extended weekend you lovely forum folk, and I love you all. Just not as much as I love beaver..

20230504_213134.jpg

Oh, and if you are going to do an encore just make sure it's the shortest song in your repetoire. All 25 seconds of it. Wonderfully cheeky....

Friday 5 May
Posting a day late, too much on yesterday so here is my end of week contribution
ERA level 5, US Personna super 2x and a favourite shave cream of mine, TOBS Sandalwood
The brush handle is seasoned Yew, it’s hand made and unique as it’s the only one my wood turner friend made in this shape, even has a blemish, probably remains of a branch stem. I love tactile items like this and after fitting a synthetic knot it gave a super soft creamy lather with the TOBS.
The ERA delivered a comfortable and bbs shave after 2 passes and minor pickups. A joy to use.

IMG_0060.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom