SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

Blade: London Bridge (3)
Razor: Razoroc GC .68
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap/Splash: Stirling Iced Pineapple

Well it was hot and sunny today, so subsequently warm and sticky in the office so I wanted something to cool off with when I got home, and this was just the refreshing hit I needed. 20230428_170409.jpg

I’m
I've been proper busy since the day before the London Marathon!

I managed to finish in 4:23 and to prepare, used...........Signature Londinium - what else? The following day, I visited Truefitt & Hill and made a few purchases to reward myself for actually finishing on the Sunday.
Then, away with work for the rest of the week, where I continued with the Rex 1955 and Pinaud Clubman Tequila Tease, had a company dinner, where about 30 of us have picked up Covid - thanks work!!
This week have used the T&H stuff I bought - very nice indeed.
Yesterday, I used Razorock Blue Barbershop, as my den has had a restock of that one in the past few weeks.
Been using my very trusty Tech set #27 or my N4 slim both with a Nacet blade loaded.
To change it up, I loaded up the Black beauty with one of the original blades - super, super smooth.
For today, a bit of British leather as it's a grey day.

Looking forwards to another bank holiday and King Charlies coronation - need to put up a bit of bunting and mow the lawn first!
Perfect choice and well done. Mot sure I could walk a marathon let alone run one!!

6A5216E5-5414-4355-A733-401163E7367E.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Polsilver Łódź (2)
The Body Shop shaving cream. Vintage formula.
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

Only a few shaves left in the tube, and I will miss this vintage cream when it’s gone.
This razor and blade combination always provides a comfortable and smooth shave.

Great results, very happy.

Enjoy yours gents.

IMG_1592.jpeg
SOTD: 04/05/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Soap: HC&C/Pasteur’s Pharmacy Empire State Of Mind Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Dior Savage Elixir

Well if I thought the HC&C/Pasteur’s soap smelt good off the puck, it got even better when lathered. Easy to lather, thick, creamy and slick and the scent is one of the closed dupes I’ve ever tried. It’s strong, long lasting but not over powering. I’m genuinely surprised at how quietly under the radar the company seem to be, everything I’ve tried from them from their basic budget brand, to the standard soaps or scent your own has been amazing. It’s made me question my loyalty to some brands such as PAA, as the prices they charge for product and postage seem way out/above, compared to smaller vendors such as HC&C, which easily match and in some circumstances better their offerings. Anyway, so far this offering may even just edge out the MSC Bloom from yesterday, it’s that good.
The Shield seemed particularly good with the Titan Blue and it was probably just my shave of the week.
Enjoy your evening guys.

SOTD 05-May
20230504_140601 (1)-01-01.jpeg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: WR3 OC 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

Cracking shave all around this morning, wonderful scent, soap and razor. All just came together nicely for a smooth finish. The EDP has made it to the side of the pond, fingers crossed it makes it through customs swiftly.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Razor = Feather Poplar
Blade = Silver Star ( 3 )
Brush = Richman 30mm Ultra Lux Blood Oath
Soap = OSP No 8 with matching splash.
Balm = Barts Balm Ben Lomond

IMG_0736.jpeg
i was a bit tired & weiry to shave last night but i had one nonetheless.
Not the best shave iv ever had but i enjoyed it just the same.
Certainly not as close as normal but i just couldn’t make the effort.
All the ingredients were there for a perfect shave but it was a 7/10 at best.
Having said that it was still decent
no one would notice any different but i can feel the difference.
Never mind there always Sunday.
and the bad news is i’m here another few days
I suppose it will feed my habit being here lol
Stay Safe & Enjoy your weekend

05/05/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes Sample
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 18 (7).JPG
Again 7 x 2 pass shave and out for this Personna Platinum, still smooth in the Blackland "Big fella" .
A better judgement on the soap today, i easily had enough for the 2 passes and some touch up, i do like the sweet, lemon, sherbet like scent of this one. I am going to run the month using up these samples and the tub i have to dial it in and see if i need any of the others.
A nice post shave leaving me smooth, comfortable and smelling clean and fresh.
Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

5 May

Wickham Cashmere
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

1237CE1A-B8AE-4571-AA77-3F58F93C582C.jpeg
The PAA Peregrino is a spectacular brush and produced lots of wonderful Cashmere lather this morning. The Ikon is a fabulous smooth razor and produced a smooth face today in two passes.

20230505_123854-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Yaqi Aqua Blue 24mm Knot.
Soap Proraso Refreshing.
Razor Razorock Hawk V3 OC plate
Bowl Captains Choice Obsidian Copper Bowl.
Blade Freather Pro.
Aftershave Proraso Refreshing.

I went full Proraso green today with my Hawk open comb, as usual a great creamy lather created in my bowl and everything Proraso always punches above it's weight especially given it's price.
Great head and face shave and now I'm smelling of summer.
Have a great day everyone.

04-05-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Sentinel 1.35mm, Chippendale, Wizamet (# 2) :: Simpson Phyl 8 TSN 2013 LE :: Lodrino, La Riviera :: Institut Karitè :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

PzG4wL8.jpg

05-05-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Gillette New, Wizamet (# 3) :: Semogue Torga C5, Finest Badger :: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro :: Institut Karitè :: Brut

BovlV31.jpg

Salut!

Back
Top Bottom