SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

Thur 10th February

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline ( 7 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

This Razor/Blade combo going strong and delivered another quality finish. Not sure if I will push on to determine the optimum use of this blade, or carry on with the rotation using a Hawk V3. Am quite keen to try it with some Kai blades.

IMG_409.jpg

1AD41A4B-E96A-4D97-8ED2-435A09A00675.jpeg
SOTD: 10/02/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wickham’s 1912 Citrus Musk
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Wickham’s 1912 Citrus Musk Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

So after hunting high and low for this elusive and discontinued soap, @Boycie83 manages to find me one in the depths of the emporium’s stockroom! I added my leftover sample and away I went, creating one of the smoothest and slickest lathers I’ve made in record time. The whole shave was great and a reminder to me at just how good this base is! (I do wish this was still available and we could have a few more scents). I had a small sample of the balm as well which I used so the whole shave was a real treat from start to finish.
Enjoy your day guys.

Hard to believe you didn't care for the Vector.
I know - perplexing at best, doubly so given that there are pre-contact tribes in Papua New Guinea that regard the Vector as the pinnacle of razor design, performance and manufacture. I think the opinion of @Boycie83 is a statistical outlier and therefore we can safely ignore it. Hell, what does he know? Can't be that good a judge of razors as he sells on most of those he buys a week later and at a huge loss. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: - I.

I know - perplexing at best, doubly so given that there are pre-contact tribes in Papua New Guinea that regard the Vector as the pinnacle of razor design, performance and manufacture. I think the opinion of @Boycie83 is a statistical outlier and therefore we can safely ignore it. Hell, what does he know? Can't be that good a judge of razors as he sells on most of those he buys a week later and at a huge loss. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes: - I.
Him, sounds familiar.....just sold my Rx and looking for another Vector. Should have never sold it.....:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Edit - Got a Vector inbound. All is right in the world again.....

Last edited:
10/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (9)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester A
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
View attachment 84164
In my Battle of Vector v General, the General won so stays.
Reason:- Shave over looks
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
The correct choice!
I'm a man of the people Iain. I undertake the experiments so others don't have to. There is a Mage in every corner of the internet that brings wisdom (shite), guidance (hearsay) and bargains (unwanted tat). I take this responsibility seriously.

Razor = 1951 Gillette Black Tip Superspeed
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Beehive 3 Band
Soap = Hampshire Wool Fat Original
Splash = vintage Old Spice Champion
Balm = Barts Balms Ben More
9C031604-03C5-4FEF-BE84-120D9B88E13F.jpeg
Excellent Shave today.
First time for me with the Black Tip and I wasn’t holding out much hope as iv read a few reviews that weren’t so favourable but i guess the reviews were much about the cheaper materials used in comparison with the other superspeeds.
Thankfully for me i loved it with no issues what so ever.
Paired with the wilkinson sword for me it was the dream team.
Anyone not used the HWF really should get a hold of some which sells for £3.80 in the uk.
A real worthy soap for any Den.
Stay Safe Lads

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2022-02-10
Arthur Miller play 'Death of a Salesman' premiered on this date in 1949, NYC
bTy1SBc.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Floris No. 89 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1/Triad Aristocrat Black
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave
PiomxKp.jpg

Razor = 1951 Gillette Black Tip Superspeed
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 24mm Beehive 3 Band
Soap = Hampshire Wool Fat Original
Splash = vintage Old Spice Champion
Balm = Barts Balms Ben More
View attachment 84182
Excellent Shave today.
First time for me with the Black Tip and I wasn’t holding out much hope as iv read a few reviews that weren’t so favourable but i guess the reviews were much about the cheaper materials used in comparison with the other superspeeds.
Thankfully for me i loved it with no issues what so ever.
Paired with the wilkinson sword for me it was the dream team.
Anyone not used the HWF really should get a hold of some which sells for £3.80 in the uk.
A real worthy soap for any Den.
Stay Safe Lads
Just the handle parts are different, pretty sure the head stayed the same.

Back
Top Bottom