SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

SOTD : 10th February 2022.

h.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Derby Shaving Soap bowl.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. (D4)
Razor: Gem Featherweight.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Osmanli Lemon Eau De Cologne./Wilko Fruits Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A comfortable shave from the Gem Featherweight & Ted Pella PTFE SS blade Sunny Supreme Stainless blade duo to finish my shaving week off wonderfully...The longevity of the Ted Pella PTFE SS blades has really impressed me, normally i will retire a blade after 4-5 shaves max, but like the Schick injector blade in my previous weeks shaves i will continue to use until it starts to feel dull tuggy and uncomfortable to use.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report to finish my shaving week off on a high note!

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko Fruits Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Honestly if you did not get along with the Vector I don't think you would like this. It goes from mild to wild in a split second. If you hold the angle correct you get an extremely smooth and comfortable shave but get off just the slightest bit and it's very toothy. That's just my thoughts and hope it helps! I saw one video that compared it to the Enoch which I can see the shape and such being very similar. I didn't care for the Enoch but I'm okay with this. I just have to pay more attention then with the Vector when I had it.
PS - I've used/owned all you mentioned except the ATT but wouldn't compare it to any of them, sorry. Hard to believe you didn't care for the Vector.
Thanks Dave - you've successfully talked me out of it - potentially saving my marriage in the process.

I'm certainly in the minority in disliking the Vector.

Thursday SOTD

5nYOM50.png

Yates 921-H Brushed Brass Fat Handle / Nacet
Spiffo "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Shave Soap & Aftershave
Even with the great slick lather produced by the brush and soap, the razor required a good deal of patience and attention to achieve a BBS in two and a half passes.

Thu 10 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Year of Tiger New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
This soap is almost unscented or very mildly pleasant scented. The lather was however nicely thick creamy and slick...
Easy 3pass shave with this razor and blade pairing for a bbs/dfs finish. Good aftershaves...
20220210_135945.jpg

10/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather Pro Blade (9)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester A
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk 07 (6).JPG
In my Battle of Vector v General, the General won so stays.
Reason:- Shave over looks
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

My Personna Platinum looks completely different, and shave pretty nice, just packaging or are they different blades?

I've had these for several years.

View attachment 84143

@TobyC

The blade I was using is the new German made replacement, as the Israeli factory that made yours has closed down. The new Personna Platinum Chrome is made in the same factory as the Wilkinson DE blades, and I'd say it's quite similar; very smooth and comfortable in the shave.

10/2/22

Soap - Kent/MWF
Brush - Yaqi Mysterious Blue Handle/26mm Fan Tuxedo
Razor - Flat Bottom Tech
Blade - German Personna Platinum (3)
AS - Chat D'Or Boxter

IMG_20220210_123120.jpg

SOTD 10-Feb
20220209_143113.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: NO Barrbarr
Razor: Asylum RX V2
Blade: Feather Professional (2)

First run out with the new RX, first impressions are fairly good, and for a first try I got a really good finish.

There's a decent heft to it, which I personally like in my razors. I went full on geek and took to the kitchen scales with the RX, Vector and for the fun of it the blackbird (don't have any other AC razors), I won't bore you with the details but the RX topped the lot at 106g.

The only thing that irked me a little was on receipt it was a tad dirty, mainly on the handle and inside of the head. If I was buying second hand or it was a vintage find then fair enough. It came clean but for something that is +£100 and polished I'm pretty sure they decided to cut corners. I'm just happy that it wasn't damaged as I have seen.

Will it stay in the den...only time will tell.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom