SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

Wednesday AM 2022-02-09
Birthdate in 1865 of Wilson Bentley, the first to take detailed photographs of snowflakes and first to note that each is unique

WnlrWlI.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
XPEC Unscented shaving cream (v.1) + Rose Essence hydrosol (jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose geranium, amber, patchouli, sandalwood)
Wilkinson Bonded System (10)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave
qKVBGmw.jpg

Wednesday February 9, 2022
Razor: Asylum Rx V2
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Knothead Brushworks "The Kentuckian"
Soap: Vintage Williams Cream
AS 1: Humphreys Maravilla 70
AS 2: Vintage Williams Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1190

Rushed day today.........
Thanks for sharing the video Dave. I keep looking at this razor. I'm convinced I won't like it yet it keeps pulling me in like a shiny temptress. I like the Generals (V1 and V2) along with the ATT X1 and Hiram Commander/OREN 2 dot plate but never got on with the Vector. Have you used any of the razors I've mentioned that could be used as a comparison.

Basically, I need you to talk me out of buying one and the (likely) subsequent regret.

SOTD: 09/02/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Proshave S, 6th use
Brush: Akkawoodnresin Handle And Dscosmetic Bodger Knot
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A great shave from start to finish. It’s a race between this and my A&E barbiere sophisticato as to which soap/cream I’ll finish first. The scent is really strong and woke me up a treat, the splash lasted all night too.
Enjoy your evening guys.

Attachments

• 66A0428B-FDB3-4612-A257-CD2C0733107D.jpeg
    66A0428B-FDB3-4612-A257-CD2C0733107D.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for sharing the video Dave. I keep looking at this razor. I'm convinced I won't like it yet it keeps pulling me in like a shiny temptress. I like the Generals (V1 and V2) along with the ATT X1 and Hiram Commander/OREN 2 dot plate but never got on with the Vector. Have you used any of the razors I've mentioned that could be used as a comparison.

Basically, I need you to talk me out of buying one and the (likely) subsequent regret.
Honestly if you did not get along with the Vector I don't think you would like this. It goes from mild to wild in a split second. If you hold the angle correct you get an extremely smooth and comfortable shave but get off just the slightest bit and it's very toothy. That's just my thoughts and hope it helps! I saw one video that compared it to the Enoch which I can see the shape and such being very similar. I didn't care for the Enoch but I'm okay with this. I just have to pay more attention then with the Vector when I had it.
PS - I've used/owned all you mentioned except the ATT but wouldn't compare it to any of them, sorry. Hard to believe you didn't care for the Vector.

Last edited:
View attachment 84131

9/2/22
Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada
Razor - New OC
Blade - Personna Platinum (2)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Bond Retro

Not as smooth a shave today with the Personna Platinum, but still good. A fair amount of post shave irritation though, fairly sure the Bond Retro aftershave doesn't agree with my skin.
My Personna Platinum looks completely different, and shave pretty nice, just packaging or are they different blades?

I've had these for several years.

100_3304 (2).JPG

They'll give you herpes.

Pre: Shower
Brush: ΑΛΦΑ Outlaw SHD 2-Band
Soap: Nuàvia Blu
Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3 'A'
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)

Shave: I think the Hawk was made for Pro Super blades – even the 'A' plate feels tamer to me than any other AC razor I've tried. They do make a good combo, though. North to South, ATG, done.

C342005F-36B9-45B7-B554-9802D7C663EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom