SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

Afternoon all,

Prep, flannel and hot water
Brush, Boti SHD Captain 23mm Badger
Razor, Alpha Outlaw (Josey Wales)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (2nd use)
Cream, Bond Fresh
A/S, Bond Fresh

Cream lathered well. Not a lot of effort required. Scent, not very overpowering. Subtle and fresh. Went on well and provided a nice surface to work on.

I did a 3 grain pass. Zero issues, no weepers / cuts / irritation. I feel this razor could be a daily driver for most. It’s relatively mild yet efficient. Although I didn’t switch off when using it.

Very pleased with the results. A nice clean and close shave.

I can’t fault the Polish creams / A/S / blades.

Best,

Ben

IMG_20220208_151612.jpg

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo
Soap - Signature Soaps Eboracum
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - German Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brutal Classic

Now and again I have a shave which from start to finish is perfection, today was one of them. Little surprise the Signature Soaps lather performed as well as it did, delightfully slick, shiny and glossy with the best post shave feel of any soap I have used, for my skin anyway the post shave feel is completely neutral, no moisture added or taken away.
First time using the German Personna Platinum Chrome, and I had reasonably low expectations. I'd used the Israeli predecessor before, and never really enjoyed using it, but the German replacement is smoother and sharper, during the shave there was little to resistance, maybe added by the great but at the end of the shave when I slapped on the aftershave I didn't have the slightest bit of alcohol burn.
I look forward to seeing how this blade performs over the next few shaves, I wasn't planning to add any more blades to my already colossal collection, but I may have to make an exception!

Tuesday AM 2022-02-08

ixBvEMZ.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Soap Commander Love (True Rose) shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave
BxhB2pN.jpg

08/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Signature Soap Danum
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester A
A/S - Signature Soap Danum
View attachment 84075
The Feather really likes the Wizamet, a very comfortable shave today from a full 3 passes.
A fantastic lather from the lather monster that is the RR400 and the Danum soap, really helping the shave along.
Ending with the Barts tester which i am using up and the Danum splash, very nice indeed.
On a positive :sneaky:,
Mrs TC has tested negative on her 1st LFT and i have been testing negative every day. Fingers crossed we are through this.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Brilliant News Tony Well Done.
and hopefully the sunderland get a result tonight & make it a double celebration

08/02/2022

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: AP Shave 24mm G5C
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

The G5C is a good brush. SynBad may still be my favourite synthetic but the G5C is up there.

I'm going to end things with the Overlander. She does what I ask of her but there's just no spark between us. I expect she'll be on Tinder (BST) soon.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Rapira Platinum Lux. ( 3 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Boar Stoat
Soap = House Of Mammoth. Damocles
with matching Balm
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
734CA5AC-2463-4C36-9245-0AEA73B462D1.jpeg
Another Cracker for me tonight although i did have a couple of weepers.
Pretty unusual for me to be honest but i seem to be getting them more frequently recently,
perhaps i’m rushing or doing something wrong.
The soap for me is top class although the scent is a love hate job with me sort of sitting in between lol. I like it but don’t love it but i know some really don’t like it, The weird smell of steel is right up my street
well i do build pipelines lol.
The Third use on the Rapira was enough for me, could maybe get another shave or two out of it but for me it’s not worth the risk.
Overall a good 9/10
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

80EF720A-B49C-4F47-A048-E4359C121D87.jpeg
SOTD: 08/02/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Hone has returned home after a brief loan out. To celebrate I used some vintage Wilkinson Sword blades and had a delightful shave from start to finish, great lather, super scent and splash. Just a fantastic shave and start to the day!

'Joseph? Who is Joseph?' just happened to be the theme for this evening's thriller by the sink (version 5.6.01)

20220208_173733.jpg

And his Technicolour dream goat - Raster
Shoeless Joseph Jackson - Schick Proline (Did someone nick them?)
Joseph Bidet Biden - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Joseph Stalin and his performing turnip - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Joseph the Turnip - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
A boy named Turnip - Pure moisturiser

'And like a needle stuck in a groove the story continued in a monotonous manner'

Tuxedo knots have never really been at the top of my list as I find them a bit heavy going and a little too dense. But show them a harder soap and they start to tread in the territory where they can excel. In this case the last dregs of the now unobtanium in the Alvarez Gomez. It is a crying shame the AG has come to an end as it really is class act. Everything from its lather qualities and heavenly scent is spot on. I'm not so sure about this term 'old barber shop' as I was never around to know what they smelt like in their day. Knowing my luck my local barber shop would probably be next to a sewage facility and hence 'old barber shop' would equate to smelling like shite.

Put the brush to the soap and a wonderful start to this evening's shaving frivolities.

In steps Joseph Raster that well known Chinese Reggae master who just happens to be rather tidy at bristle shifting. And shifting it did. Two days of furry face fury reduced to a sea of smoothness in three passes of hassle free shaving activity. Rather blissful. And as it says on the radio, 'Classic', and it was.

'If you say so'

And a first on here from me. I am doubtful anyone else trawls the tube for obscure Japanese girly bands, so probably a first from anyone here. If there is, I want to marry you. So over to 'Caspa' to play you out

And you don't appear to have had too much love from me recently, but be assured, I love you all

Tuesday 8th February

AM-JKLVMrqPIFgMi-22dwC19iyFrXvSKtFoJFcZXsaVbg3e1Nt9jNqrJvh0vYu3ZaCciiw-oOuUTi-LuMeohnFwmxVO9u6YlKdwG6SXmQAXSq0XQCB8dG2P_1Wn33TM5AniLZRqleNz5iiDeWlmLrlRrtkQ3WA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Butters Sandalwood Shaving Soap
ABNW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Labs Exfoliating & Gillette Labs Cartridge (2)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (Vintage)

Delightful! Super razor, that ...

Lovely to have a rare splash of the vintage Pinaud juice - it really is special. It is a lot fruitier in the opening than the modern and a lot more floral; in some respects as if the modern juice was combined, say, 2 parts with 1 part Lime Sec ... and let down a little to be less alcoholic. Lovely splash indeed!

Take a moment to read the front of the bottle. I love the hyphenated words.

SOTD 09-Feb
20220207_135537.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: P&B BlueBird
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (1)

Not much to say on today's, good shave with an excellent razor and brilliant scented soap & splash. Nice easy two pass for a smooth irritation free finish, happy days.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom