SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

SOTD : 5th February 2022.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head
Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS.( D1)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS.(D5)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. (Face)
Razor: Schick Type G Injector. (Head)
Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

Face & Head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..After the fantastic shaves i had with the Schick Type G Injector in my previous weeks shaves i was curious to try a shave with this delightful vintage razor...I shall be trying out both the Gem Featherweight & the Pella PTFE SS Gem blade with all my Shave's throughout the week to adjust and familiarize myself with the razor.

Head shave: The Personna PTFE SS still felt smooth and efficient on it's 5th outing with no indication of dulling.. My initial thoughts was i would struggle when shaving the back of my head with the natural angle of the Schick which is different to a DE razor angle but yet again i had no reason to doubt myself as after the atg pass i found my shaving angle and felt comfortable to carry on...After my combined xtg/atg + pick up pass my head felt silky smooth with no feeling of irritation or any signs of blood running down my precious swede....The longevity of the Personna PTFE SS has really impressed me with it's performance feeling very smooth comfortable, and efficient with each shave.

Face Shave: As i'm familiar and have had some experience with using my Ever-Ready i was excited to see how the Featherweight would perform with the Ted Pella blade which i've never tried before...The verdict?....From my first stroke with the Featherweight i felt a noticeable difference in blade feel with the Ted Pella PTFE blade which feels more efficient but with the same smoothness as the Personna PTFE SE blade...The razor's appearance and condition is immaculate. I felt comfortable with the Feather weight after a few strokes finding my shaving angle. My only initial doubt with the Featherweight was i thought the lightness of the razor would possibly have made the razor feel unbalanced, but i was completely wrong in my assumption as the razor is easy to hold the shaving angle manoeuvrable, and well balanced considering it's a lot lighter than my Gem micromatic OC, and E-R's SE razors...The weight doesn't hinder the shaving performance in any way....It's all down to good technique & shaving confidence.

Like all my other SE vintage razors i love the audio feedback and feel of the Featherweight doing its work which is very satisfying and more importantly telling me that i'm using the correct shaving angle.

A enjoyable close comfortable, smooth near BBS face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Get up for an early start to drive over to Yorkshire and hey, the first in on this weeks SOTD. A rare moment. Use the bathroom and a further hey, what's this? Beaten to it by @Palmolive fox and his swede shaving act. Drat! So this one goes to you with the theme 'Party pooper'

20220204_194658-01.jpeg

Uninvited guest - Stainless Colonial General
And you are? - Feather Professional
Occupooper - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Fun sponge - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Poopy pants McSpankalot - ADP Assoluta

A great start using the 'just can't get it wrong' stainless General and the MDC. Only I did get it wrong and for the first time in a long time, I cut myself. Not badly but enough to raise a curse. So it is now a frog.

'And the General hopped his way to a brighter future. Followed by some lunatic who thinks he's a frog'

Otherwise an exemplary shave (complete with a nick) and smelling very lemon this morning. And Palmolive Fox. Will you stop shaving swedes.

Have a most wonderful weekend you most fantastic forum folk and always remember, I love you all.

Something nice and bouncy to start the weekend and a video you must have seen quite a few times by now but one which still makes me feel happy.

Last edited:
05/02/2022

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Alpha El Gordo
Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk

20220205_072705.jpg

Another effortless two pass shave with the Overlander. It's very easy to use and I stick by my earlier claim that it seems more efficient than my (newer model) 37C. I've not yet bonded with it though - we dance together but are we life partners? I don't know. The dancing is good, the intimacy is there but do we like the same things? Maybe a different blade will bring us closer together.

Nearly forgot to mention the brush - love it!

Today's shave:

rdt220205mbkri.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Taiga
- Omega "Veteran" EVO
- Greencult with Windrose handle and Feather blade
- Alpa 378 aftershave

:)

05/02/2022

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Brush: Alpha El Gordo
Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk

View attachment 83932

Another effortless two pass shave with the Overlander. It's very easy to use and I stick by my earlier claim that it seems more efficient than my (newer model) 37C. I've not yet bonded with it though - we dance together but are we life partners? I don't know. The dancing is good, the intimacy is there but do we like the same things? Maybe a different blade will bring us closer together.

Nearly forgot to mention the brush - love it!
That’s the Wickham’s I’ve been hunting the BST for! I have a sample but it’s no longer made from what I can see!

SOTD 05-Feb
20220205_095732.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Manchurian
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: CG Level 3 (New)
Blade: GSB (3)

As I hoped the CG Level 3 is just what I wanted, it's not overly aggressive, you can throw it around your face with almost careless abandon, but it is still efficient. Very pleased.

Vor V line up, really like this scent, added the EDP the other week when I saw it available over here. Was tempted to try a few more of their range but PAA got me again the other day so that plan is scuppered.

Still not sold on the Chubby, definitely won't be getting another manchurian (at least a chubby) from Simpson but may consider a silvertip or best in the future.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Saturday:
Earlier this morning:
I've been using the different Ever Ready SE's that I've acquired for a bit and before that a couple of different vintage Gillette's. I had a hankering for a Tech.
I know why; today broke out the flat plate British Tech and loaded it with a Nacet. For me, the best shave I've had for weeks. No fuss, swipe about, not a bit of after feel, besides fantastic!
I paired Fine Barber Blue with RR Blue barbershop splash, cool fresh and awake!

Attachments

• IMG_20220205_102145__01.jpg
    IMG_20220205_102145__01.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 5
05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Blade - @RussellR5555
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
P2050001.JPG
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the change
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will jot be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.

Fingers crossed for you both T.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.

Here's hoping it is no different to my recent bout where the most I suffered was a runny nose for an hour.

Stay well both of you

Back
Top Bottom