SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Blade - @RussellR5555
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Wishes of very mild symptoms

Best wishes to you both

P

Sotd 05/02

Pre shave: semois valley oil
Soap: semois valley
Splash: semois valley
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Bowl: captains choice obsidian
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: karve stainless OC D plate
Blade : Gillette platinum 1st use

Went for a 3 pass shave this morning with about a weeks growth decided to use the open comb plate for the first time and it was excellent it was a brilliant shave was really smooth and the gillette platinum worked brilliant in the razor

also the soap was great as well its a really nice scent I had always stayed away from tabaco scents till I tried it a couple of years ago it has a nice sweetness to it have a great weekend folks
20220205_114111.jpg20220205_114123.jpg20220205_114200.jpg20220205_114240.jpg20220205_114539.jpg20220205_114522.jpg20220205_120204.jpg20220205_114058.jpg20220205_114040.jpg

Get up for an early start to drive over to Yorkshire and hey, the first in on this weeks SOTD. A rare moment. Use the bathroom and a further hey, what's this? Beaten to it by @Palmolive fox and his swede shaving act. Drat! So this one goes to you with the theme 'Party pooper'

View attachment 83929

Uninvited guest - Stainless Colonial General
And you are? - Feather Professional
Occupooper - AP Shaving brass 30mm Cashmere
Fun sponge - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Poopy pants McSpankalot - ADP Assoluta

A great start using the 'just can't get it wrong' stainless General and the MDC. Only I did get it wrong and for the first time in a long time, I cut myself. Not badly but enough to raise a curse. So it is now a frog.

'And the General hopped his way to a brighter future. Followed by some lunatic who thinks he's a frog'

Otherwise an exemplary shave (complete with a nick) and smelling very lemon this morning. And Palmolive Fox. Will you stop shaving swedes.

Have a most wonderful weekend you most fantastic forum folk and always remember, I love you all.

Something nice and bouncy to start the weekend and a video you must have seen quite a few times by now but one which still makes me feel happy.

Have a nice weekend in the right county. Don’t forget to tell all the residents of Wisctun about the shaving soap

5 February

Sterling Campania
Razorock 400 Noir
ES Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline P30
Sterling Campania balm

DB71B3DB-FAE3-44B8-AB43-8760517A6792.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave with the Claymore and a Schick blade (which fits…just). The Campania has a really lovely scent and lathered up beautifully with the 400 brush. The overall finish, though, was a bit disappointing. The Claymore doesn’t seem to get quite close enough for me. I must use the SE1 Calypso tomorrow, which seems closer and more nimble.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.

Thanks Tony. Hope your wife gets over it quickly, without any nasties. Regards Brian

Saturday February 5, 2022
Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Signature Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1186

Great 1st outing with the Overlander. Basically a mindless shave. Withholding thoughts to get at least 1 more shave in tomorrow and see longevity of the shave lasting today. VERY happy to get to try this out....Thanks Eric Maineyooper
IMG_20220205_073717631_HDR.jpg

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942

Wishing for mild symptoms and a complete recovery

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942

Hoping for a speedy and full recovery, without any lasting issues for the both of you

Saturday February 5, 2022
Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Graydog Cocobolo/Synbad
Soap: Signature Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1186

Great 1st outing with the Overlander. Basically a mindless shave. Withholding thoughts to get at least 1 more shave in tomorrow and see longevity of the shave lasting today. VERY happy to get to try this out....Thanks Eric Maineyooper
View attachment 83959
Thanks Dave.

@Tony'schin
Hope you all recover soon.

SOTD 5/2/22

Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - La Toja Stick
Razor - Flat Botton New OC
Blade - Shark Platinum (4)
Post - Lea Balm
As - Chat D'Or Boxter

Not a bad shave today, in keeping with trying the new splashes I acquired from makeup.uk, I went for the Chat D'or, Boxter which when I splashed it on my face it smelt almost exactly the same as Cien X-Bolt, which a quick google suggests is a clone of Boss Bottled. I'm not massively enthusiastic about Cien X-Bolt so I don't think I think my run of picking winners from makeup.uk has come to an end! I should have done my research a little better. Nonetheless, I was very pleased with the post shave feel of the splash, it felt delightful and my face feels great.

Anyway gents, have a great Saturday.

IMG_20220205_155751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom