SOTD : Saturday 5th February-Friday 11th February 2022.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - 6/8th Dovo "Best Quality"
Blade - @RussellR5555
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Tester C Spice
A/S - Pinaud Brandy Spice
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
Anyway, a very close comfortable shave from 2 passes and a touch up.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.
Hey-Ho! Hopefully it will not affect us too badly.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Best wishes to you and your good lady...Wishing you both a speedy recovery....Yours-Barry

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942
A really nice shave today although i did nick myself just under my bottom lip, i was completing a R to L stroke using the left hand on the lip-line and just tagged myself, nothing major and the cold water rinse sorted it out, it was then i realised i do not normally do this stroke with a straight razor - what a plonker!
The shave helped along by the wonderful lather, today i used the Captains choice heavyweight copper, it has been neglected for a while. The signature soap exploded giving me plenty of the good stuff for the shave.
I think during this weeks shaves i will be doing some sneaky practice strokes with the newly acquired DX as i need to get a hang of the handle and grip.

The dreaded C-19 has crossed the threshold of Casa TC, Mrs TC tested Positive on her PCR yesterday, i believe it will not be long before it catches me also, luckily we are both fully Jabbed with booster's.
Not bad since we have both been working in the Petri dishes of the NHS and a Primary school.

Best wishes to you both.

05/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Blade - @RussellR5555
View attachment 83942

Hopefully you get over this dreadful illness unharmed. Fingers Crossed

Saturday AM 2022-02-05
Disney animated film 'Peter Pan' premiered on this date in 1953
AQ1AuMZ.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna 74 Tungsten (4)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)
8L8ek1o.jpg

Saturday 5th February

AM-JKLUhmbPp9OycVfp4SvqHpBf0Llq8Ou8o9LOddh_fN6ePNqChPmofMq9kXYleoZJrbCan5TCPuEbksz-Yv2ZEa35GVrAKy1Gcv7q-5ZFbtznWj_713scHe-2kceNLqxUB3u2lKqxF20OAx5pHgyxKqz0ZlA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Boots Albany Mentholated Shaving Soap
ABW Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Merkur 37C & ASCO Platinum (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Despite using one of my favourite soaps, one of my favourite brushes and whipping up a super lather to enjoy a shave with the really very good Merkur slant, this was quite horrible ...

Urgh! ASCO Platinum. No thanks!

I had quite forgotten just how lowly I rate(d) the Lord Platinum (incidentally 3/10 and an empatic "Hell, no!") and had no preconcieved opinion of the ASCO Platinum, having really enjoyed the Super Stainless from that brand name ... and most of the Super Stainless from the Lord stable. Yep! I'd forgotten that very rare occurrence (for me) of weepers and the inexplicable shave rash on my neck when I used the Lord Platinum ... and again, this evening. One weeper from out of nowhere and a rash at the bottom of my neck. Out with the Clubman Bump Gel! Pinaud to the rescue!

Flitting through my mind was that equally horrible experience with the Tiger & Tatra Platinum blades (which did manage a slightly loftier 4/10, but still also a "Nope!" in my books) and the ASCO wasn't quite up to a 4/10 but not quite a 3/10 either, so it gained a 3.5/10. I know, I know ... Lord, ASCO, Shark, Crown, Rainbow, they're all the same - in this case, I'm inclined to agree. The ASCO Platinum is as bad as the Lord Platinum and the only difference in score is likely down to the different equipment. But, if you like the Lord Platinum, you'll likely enjoy the ASCO Platinum.

I didn't! I said that already, didn't I?

But, much thanks to @Boycie83 for the tuck that he generouly popped into my recent brush purchase. Good to have tried them and good to have the tuck for the sake of completion of my Lord collection. Hope you're on the mend, mate!

SOTD 20220205

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Declaration Shaving B2 Carnavis & Richardson TI
Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout
Razor: Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep Razor
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid The Genuine

42740-CDB-B772-4-B81-B941-1430-CC2-E1-E91.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD 20220205

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Declaration Shaving B2 Carnavis & Richardson TI
Soap: Declaration Grooming Sellout
Razor: Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep Razor
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Floid The Genuine

42740-CDB-B772-4-B81-B941-1430-CC2-E1-E91.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
@motto
My my Marco, some of your vintage gear!
Hungry The Simpsons GIF

Last edited:
Razor = Ikon B1 OSS
Blade = Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger from Bobby Moffat @ Sawdust Creations.
Soap = Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille with matching splash
Balm = Baxter’s Of California
E1100AA3-7402-4BEC-AE8C-30C41DF2D75B.jpeg
Another cracking relaxing saturday night shave
The Ikin never fails to impress & paired with the Rapira was a great choice.
Also the scent of this soap is first class with the predominantly black tea at the forefront.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Back
Top Bottom