SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

FB19D42D-6886-44FC-B82F-9914C9403E68.jpeg

Los Jabones de Joserra Citrico Excéntrico
Mühle R41GT Berlin Edition 013/100
Mühle Edition 3 STF

First shave with my new R41 Berlin Edition Titanium razor.
Being much lighter than the R41GS edition, it's still a very effective razor,
that takes focus to master. The grip is better than the stainless version as it's not as smooth.
For a first shave I'm pretty satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday 1st August

AM-JKLVbZSWglDiioziYGpLxgvj763PcCr7Qy6qaxg7ZLlV-sqkBx1gYMtUb39Ro9YpzlPlu_Alc4CCmnC_PM-eOVLH2z2xSeOY3fu14-WHiGYV4_T4KZ4PhM8kFF497iKUlIqFJxLNCkCoc8e56sxI_2tJhPw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Speick Shaving Stick (Grated)
Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/24mm Boar
Yaqi AC V2 w/KCG Handle
Feather Professional (7)
Wickham Citrus Musk Aftershave

Happy Yorkshire Day!

Last shave with this Feather and the Yaqi AC. Two passes needed and while it might do a couple more shaves, I'm inclined to leave it here. Very much enjoyed as a break from a seemingly endless trial of new double-edge blades.

It's now September and I'll carry on with single edge razors for the month ...

Tonight’s shave , as off early tomorrow

Prep. …. L’Oreal cleansing gel, Proraso white.
Soap. … Floris 89
Brush ... Simpson Berkley 46
Razor…. CB Karve (c) sb
Blade. … Gillette super blue
Asb ……. Nivea 2 phase

A pleasant me time shave which was dfs after 2 passes, but enjoying it so much had another ATG pass. Super smooth ……Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling.
8049EC89-2B00-4A52-A465-B1B1579A06E1.jpeg

Themed 'Our gang' all I can say is 'Chris, get on with it'

View attachment 74563

Alfalfa - Ikon B1
Buckwheat - Polsilver Lodz
Daisy Dimple - Wee Whiskey barrel
Waldo - Signature Soaps Londinium (@BrianH please note attractive original tin)
Darla - Collagen moisturiser
Butch - Hermes Verte D'Orange

Thank you love. You have been a far better option than that kid wielding a 12" butcher's cleaver

Bit of a late night/early morning at work today and returned home more on the cream crackered side of life and in need of a refreshing 'pick me up'. Despite being knackered there was no way I was going to allow either my wife or some opera singing 10 year old with a dodgy haircut near me. So a quick and efficient shave was on the books.

A quick word from our sponsors

Despite having a big love for SE razors I have always had a thing that if life had to come down to one razor, this would be it. The Rocnel is every bit the equal in terms of close finish, but it carries too much 'fear factor' about it whereas the Ikon has a certain flingability. Not everyone's idea of a safe bet as it is damn aggressive but get the better of it and enjoy the rewards. The rewards being, shaved to perfection and so close there is Jack poo else to shift.

Yeh, I could happily live with just this in the armoury. Isn't it just great though that life isn't that mundane? Being the only husband in the armoury my wife has declared me exactly that, mundane.

I have to say the Londinium is one super trusty, get the job done, no shit soap and the barrel brush a worthy partner in crime. Any chance of a limited release of the old style DIY feel 'Signature Soaps' tins?

Sink time ended with a big grin, a superb shave and the aroma of a bag of clementines. A great end to a long night and the start of a new day.

Here we are, all official members of the TSR gang and it is over to Spanky and some words of wisdom

'Oh fuck'

Hope your weekends are going well and I leave you by saying 'I love you all' and have some of this

Makes me smile Chris. @Wet The Face kindly a Youtube shave using my soap. He said he loved the soap but thought label was naff. So I had generic round label designed and hey presto you like the original one! Given is Yorkshire Day today I’ll let you off!! Happy Yorkshire Day to you and all our fellow Yorkshire lads and lasses on the forum

Last edited:
F1102306-93DE-416A-B079-A353CDBFF6FD.jpeg

Prep: Shower with Nivea face wash.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Hampshire Shaving Cream No. 3.

Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake two band badger.

Razor: Tatara Masamune.

Blade: Feather blade.

My face was feeling a little rough today, so every time that’s the case I know that means I need the Hampshire wool fat to see it safely through the shave! It did the trick nicely and as always smells and feels amazing.

20210802_054953.jpg
SOTD 2nd Aug
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - B&M Frankly My Pear
Razor - Star Model 100
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword #2
Post - Bayliss &Harding Ginseng & Black Pepper
The Star is a nimble, agile yet surprisingly efficient little fellow. Very nice early morning DFS.
Take care Gents and enjoy your shaves

Makes me smile Chris. @Wet The Face kindly a Youtube shave using my soap. He said he loved the soap but thought label was naff. So I had generic round label designed and hey presto you like the original one! Given is Yorkshire Day today I’ll let you off!! Happy Yorkshire Day to you and all our fellow Yorkshire lads and lasses on the forum

Perhaps more so now I half live back in Wicstun again.

If I manufactured shaving soap I'd have one called 'The giant Bradley'

Mon 2nd SR SOTD
Cream Arko Cool
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Sea Citrus
This cream has been long-ignored and wow it was dang nice. Pleasant fresh scent and woooo, what a lovely creamy slick lather...some cooling sensation too!
Shave with the razor was uneventful but still not satisfied with the efficiency. The edge was still smooth and comfortable in 3passes+ for a between ccs to sas result without any weepers. Aftershaves were always good.
20210802_150828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom