SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 2 )
Brush = Shavemac 26mm 2 Band
Soap = OSP Spirits
Splash = Myrsol Metisol Astringent
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree

Bit of a mix & match today but a brilliant shave nonetheless.
Loved everything about this shave,
a three pass bbs with No feedback.
I love these Myrsol splashes.
i’m pretty sure most of you haven’t tried the balm but it’s a favourite of mine at the moment & well worth the tenner i paid for it.
Stay Safe Lads

592CCB81-4EC8-459F-987F-2B637403E75E.jpeg

Monday 2nd August 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse, Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Cool
Brush: Stirling Soap Company Finest badger
Razor: Occam O.R.E.N.
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Epsilon Blue Mediterranean aftershave and Barts Balm Peppermint balm

189850BE-FF29-4758-8E1D-6734C4B7075E.jpeg

I’m still accustomising to this Occam razor as there is a distinctive change in angle from my other SEs. It’s still shorter strokes I use when compared to DE shaving, but the result is the same. 3 passes for face stroking smoothness.

Recently things just seemed to have clicked into place and it’s taking me back to my wet shaving infancy. Everything just seems enjoyable. So much so I’m venturing to ESC tomorrow for a little perusal. It’ll give me a chance to find out more about the Claymore, which I see yesterday was updated on Instagram with a launch “very soon”!

Today’s shave was a nice relaxing menthol theme which has brought a grin.

Happy shaves folks!

Monday AM 2021-08-02
National Rap 'Music' Day
s872m62.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4/UFO Titan Fine
Wilkinson London Bridge (11)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave
0LPbIR7.jpg

00F62A09-B3E7-4FEA-8EDD-C172B228CB6F.jpeg

Pre: Nothing but warm water

Shave:
Arko Shaving Stick applied directly to face, lathered with Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic.

Razor is a Rockwell 6S Matte Black with a brand new Feather stainless blade.

Post: Generous splash of Proraso Red aftershave, followed by a helping of Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

This was my first shave with my new Rockwell 6S and I have just treated myself to the most comfortable shave I have ever had since I started using a DE 2 years ago.

Monday 2nd August

AM-JKLXgQ05NTHocfpQerl88B_J7NnQGIEH3ekNHZPsKiw5twxtZB8Fz9UGCP8m-kHPiMlng07zYDUXmu_RxRu2OvMdGZT4-0xoHdDfsXlOnKRA1PohQyqKzyPGAASE1iRDezIS7uDCNNHuBSRStT2eAOoan6Q=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bee Clean Peppermint Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Ever Ready 1912 w/RazoRock Radio Handle
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

It has been a good while since I've used a 1912 (possibly a year or more?) and it was chosen with some trepidation as to whether I'd still regard it so highly. Well, with the very first stroke I knew I was home ...

What a delight! Glorious! Single pass, smooth as glass.

It was a bit of a fire and ice shave, what with the cooling peppermint shaving soap and the burn from the Pashana afterwards.

Blissful!

Last edited:
Monday 2nd August

AM-JKLXgQ05NTHocfpQerl88B_J7NnQGIEH3ekNHZPsKiw5twxtZB8Fz9UGCP8m-kHPiMlng07zYDUXmu_RxRu2OvMdGZT4-0xoHdDfsXlOnKRA1PohQyqKzyPGAASE1iRDezIS7uDCNNHuBSRStT2eAOoan6Q=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Bee Clean Peppermint Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Ever Ready 1912 w/RazoRock Radio Handle
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

It has been a good while since I've used a 1912 (possibly a year or more?) and it was chosen with some trepidation as to whether I'd still regard it so highly. Well, with the very first stroke I knew I was home ...

What a delight! Glorious! Single pass, smooth as glass.

It was a bit of a fire and ice shave, what with the cooling peppermint shaving soap and the burn from the Pashana afterwards.

Blissful!
Cut that thing off just below the knurling,.. then throw both parts away and put the original handle on it. Maybe, MAYBE, the shaving gods will spare you this time. Such Heathen activities will be the end of you my son. :(

Back
Top Bottom