SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Saturday AM 2021-07-31
National Shredded Wheat Day
TvTAzRP.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
TapJpIl.jpg

Themed 'Our gang' all I can say is 'Chris, get on with it'

IMG_20210731_093343.jpg

Alfalfa - Ikon B1
Buckwheat - Polsilver Lodz
Daisy Dimple - Wee Whiskey barrel
Waldo - Signature Soaps Londinium (@BrianH please note attractive original tin)
Darla - Collagen moisturiser
Butch - Hermes Verte D'Orange

Thank you love. You have been a far better option than that kid wielding a 12" butcher's cleaver

Bit of a late night/early morning at work today and returned home more on the cream crackered side of life and in need of a refreshing 'pick me up'. Despite being knackered there was no way I was going to allow either my wife or some opera singing 10 year old with a dodgy haircut near me. So a quick and efficient shave was on the books.

A quick word from our sponsors

Despite having a big love for SE razors I have always had a thing that if life had to come down to one razor, this would be it. The Rocnel is every bit the equal in terms of close finish, but it carries too much 'fear factor' about it whereas the Ikon has a certain flingability. Not everyone's idea of a safe bet as it is damn aggressive but get the better of it and enjoy the rewards. The rewards being, shaved to perfection and so close there is Jack poo else to shift.

Yeh, I could happily live with just this in the armoury. Isn't it just great though that life isn't that mundane? Being the only husband in the armoury my wife has declared me exactly that, mundane.

I have to say the Londinium is one super trusty, get the job done, no shit soap and the barrel brush a worthy partner in crime. Any chance of a limited release of the old style DIY feel 'Signature Soaps' tins?

Sink time ended with a big grin, a superb shave and the aroma of a bag of clementines. A great end to a long night and the start of a new day.

Here we are, all official members of the TSR gang and it is over to Spanky and some words of wisdom

'Oh fuck'

Hope your weekends are going well and I leave you by saying 'I love you all' and have some of this

Pre: Hot shower and PAA Scentless Cube 2.0
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Soap: Tabac bowl (tallow formula)

First wet shave in about ten years! Rather ambitiously ended up tackling a full week’s growth. Loved the cube, and my lather was pretty decent considering the layoff - amazed at how much better synthetic brushes have got. Did WTG, 2xXTG, then
tidy up.

My main goal was not to cut myself, at which I succeeded, so my Proraso Cut Gel remains untested. But that tentativeness resulted in a bit of an uneven shave, as I think my first pass was too feeble in places. Might tidy up around my nose and mouth with my old Braun tomorrow morning! Next time will be with less growth, and a clearer idea of what I’m doing.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD : 1st August 2021.

13.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D2)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Lucky Tiger ASL & Face Tonic./Tommy Hilfiger BOLD EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Cella bio shaving cream provided me with a protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel.

The Chinese super blue blade continued to perform well with no issues resulting in a 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Tommy Hilfiger BOLD EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 1st SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + HA + Reuzel Wood & Spice.
Consistently good lather from Stirling soaps and this was no exception...nicely creamy, slick, and coooold!
This would be the 4th shave with this razor with a jnat edge but the 2nd after the pasted balsa strop. It was a good enjoyable 3+1passes for a better result of dfs to ccs instead of sas. The edge felt smooth and was able to comfortably cut more efficiently. Aftershaves were fantastic!
20210730_211050.jpg20210801_120802.jpg

Pre: Hot shower and PAA Scentless Cube 2.0
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Soap: Tabac bowl (tallow formula)

First wet shave in about ten years! Rather ambitiously ended up tackling a full week’s growth. Loved the cube, and my lather was pretty decent considering the layoff - amazed at how much better synthetic brushes have got. Did WTG, 2xXTG, then
tidy up.

My main goal was not to cut myself, at which I succeeded, so my Proraso Cut Gel remains untested. But that tentativeness resulted in a bit of an uneven shave, as I think my first pass was too feeble in places. Might tidy up around my nose and mouth with my old Braun tomorrow morning! Next time will be with less growth, and a clearer idea of what I’m doing.
Not a bad effort at all, especially with no cuts!

Serenade your 34C with this before every shave for xontinues luck . . . .

Back
Top Bottom