SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

SOTD : 31st July 2021.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Face: wtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg,atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade : Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Classic ASL./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend... A double maiden shave using the Pearlman shavers spirit shaving Soap and the chinese Gillette Super Blue blade both I've had for while, but have only got round to trying them out..

The verdicts? The Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap is a excellent shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine fragrance which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a excellent post shave feel.

The Chinese Gillette Super Blue paired together with the Pearl SBF-11 razor superbly making a smooth non-aggressive efficient razor & blade duo...The blade feels comfortable sharp & smooth....The sinister looking image on the pack cover looks like "Bela Lugosi" with a mustasch I was expecting the blade cover to have "Made in Transylvania" printed on it with an attention warning stating "Do not expose to daylight, for night shaving only."

However, "never judge a book by it's cover" as the saying goes these blades are very assertive and a great choice for head shaving which is my method of testing a new blade for efficiency and equally important it's smoothness.

I'm only one shave in so I can't give a true review but i feel as though these blades have a good longevity & smoothness.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face and precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 31 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Stirling Haverford Balm
Just awesome the scent from this soap! Really aromatic with a creamy and slick lather. The brush is amazingly soft...perfect for face lathering...
The shave with these 2 vintage combinations of razor & blade was very very good. Can feel the edge was crisp but soft & smooth so it was very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Excellent blade indeed! The aftershaves were excellent too especially with the matching AS balm!
20210731_125323.jpg

Saturday 07.31.21 SOTD
RazoRock BBS OC / Feather
Yaqi Heavy Metal Short Handle 24mm Silvertip
Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shave Soap & AS

xciAL4r.jpg

SOTD 31-July
DSC01847.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian V11
Soap: OSP Business Time
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Grand shave this morning, a little rushed but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Loading up the C&H with the fantastic OSP and straight to the face. Whipped up an effective lather in no time and went to work. The koraat mowing down everything in its path with minimal effort, it just glides over the skin giving the false impression it's not taking anything with it. Top it off with the matching Tonic and I'm feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a cracking day today!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 31tst July 2021

Shave Score 10.0 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR GC .84
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Greene

Today was another of my favourite Patchouli Days, Shower and Shave both supplied by Signature Soaps @BrianH

I could literally bath in Patchouli (if I ever had a bath, lol)

A great shave FF/BBS was achieved once again, enjoy the weekend all.

Oh and my new Karve Wide-body Aluminium Daily Shavers Kit just turned up, a little late for todays shave but something to look forward to for tomorrow :)

Joe

DF6E2501-4A1A-44BE-9C22-0D3CF1A3EAFB.jpeg

FD470932-F2F6-4D08-8A31-A91B676CF39F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom