SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

1 August

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
PAA The Green Ray
Gillette Adjustable E1 (4)
Gillette Silver Blue
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

3C20B6FC-1B2E-4D6E-8034-6D4C19BD65DD.jpeg

An excellent two pass Sunday shave with the new CK-6 formulation from Phoenix Shaving. A very pleasant gentle scent of bay rum filled the bathroom, enhanced by the Virgin Island bay rum aftershave.

225044114_312211353964253_562457314562061426_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (3)
Ahhh, the various hues and scents of yellow for the return of the colour coordinated shave, and all is right with the world :giggle: NB - I have actively chosen to ignore the fact that the blade is a 7 o'clock Green to avoid causing a cosmic imbalance, and to maintain the general good vibes around this sunny setup ;) Peace and Love :cool:

Sun 1st August

Stirling Syn 26mm
P & B Spitfire
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot
Schick Proline ( 2 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

A very pleasant Sunday morning Shave with The Hiram Commander, despite its apparent bulk it is rather nice to Shave with.IMHO far superior to the King Cobra which I had for a while.

D1126611-366C-4B4F-9BFA-92DD419DBAFF.jpeg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 1st August 2021

Shave Score 9.5 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminum (C)
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Signature Soaps - Danum (Patchouli)
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Greene

Today was yet another of my favourite Patchouli Days, and lets call it “spot the difference“ to yesterdays shave :)

95C43E1F-9A7A-4FD4-B007-748F5F74105A.jpeg

First outing with a Karve Razor, and a C-Plate, I’ll stick to the C for a week at least to get a feel for if I want to try the D-Plate.

I found the razor super light, but super grippy.

Like my Aluminium Lupo of course had to add a little pressure in the shave, felt great especially ATG.

A great shave FF/BBS was achieved once again, enjoy the weekend all.

Joe.

Sunday

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Face lather
Gillette New Improved (England, Pat. 1917)
Super Iridium (4)
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

I had an outstanding shave this morning. The VC3 didn’t give me an incredibly close shave yesterday; so there was sufficient for the New Improved to tackle.

Absolutely no messing about. It’s an assertive piece for sure; and needs to be handled carefully. Again, two passes that feel closer to three; and the usual tremendous performance from the Spitfire soap and cologne.

A7EF4942-B1B1-4906-8726-9AC5363FED0D.jpeg

Sunday

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth
Face lather
Gillette New Improved (England, Pat. 1917)
Super Iridium (4)
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

I had an outstanding shave this morning. The VC3 didn’t give me an incredibly close shave yesterday; so there was sufficient for the New Improved to tackle.

Absolutely no messing about. It’s an assertive piece for sure; and needs to be handled carefully. Again, two passes that feel closer to three; and the usual tremendous performance from the Spitfire soap and cologne.

View attachment 74621
Great razor, they never fail to give a flawless shave, and they do it with class! (y)

01/08/2021

Razor: ATT Aluminium Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: GSB (1)
Brush: Boti NC 29mm
Soap: P&B Iceni
ASL: P&B Iceni
ASB: P&B Iceni

View attachment 74624
Oh - get you Boudica. :) - I.

'...a terrible disaster occurred in Britain. Two cities were sacked, eighty thousand of the Romans and of their allies perished, and the island was lost to Rome. Moreover, all this ruin was brought upon the Romans by a woman, a fact which in itself caused them the greatest shame.... But the person who was chiefly instrumental in rousing the natives and persuading them to fight the Romans, the person who was thought worthy to be their leader and who directed the conduct of the entire war, was Buduica, a Briton woman of the royal family and possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women.... In stature she was very tall, in appearance most terrifying, in the glance of her eye most fierce, and her voice was harsh; a great mass of the tawniest hair fell to her hips; around her neck was a large golden necklace; and she wore a tunic of divers colours over which a thick mantle was fastened with a brooch. This was her invariable attire.'

Sunday AM 2021-08-01
London Bridge opened on this date, 1831
CTOChrT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH3
Wilkinson London Bridge (10)
Dana Canoe aftershave (vintage)

The shaving cream makes wonderful lather, and the Canoe aftershave has an excellent powdery barbershop scent that matches well to that of the cream.
qDoMc1V.jpg

Back
Top Bottom