SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: none
Razor: Colonial General on Ikon SS bulldog handle
Blade: Feather Professional (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka
S Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Cubebe

I am currently trying a delayed gratification exercise so every first Monday in the month I'll try one of the new razors I bought. With first Monday in August here, it's time for my Colonial General bought a few months back.

Coupled with an ikon SS 90mm handle this is a heavy piece of kit. Particularly that recently I have been using a Schick Injector which is on the lighter side. Also first time using a Feather professional as before only used pro guards, so no pressure applied. This combo worked like a dream.

Three passes ended up with a perfect BBS and to my surprise given the blade's sharpness no nicks or cuts. I know the saying YMMV very well but in this case whoever said Colonial General is the holy grail of AC SE they were right, it sits there on the throne in my books too.

Wishing you all a good week!
Colonial.jpg

Monday 02 August

The only thing different from my last shave was the blade; today I switched out and used a GSB for the first time (yes, I'm still working my way through about 50 packs of blades that I keep acquiring, usually after seeing a rave review on here, or in a review YT clip).
As I've seen lots of chaps using the GSB and giving it great comments, I thought it would be a winner.
How wrong was I? Rogher than my hometown council estate girls without prams!
I can only put it down to the blade, as I can't blame the change in shaving mug and I'm assuming my technique was similar for each shave!
Sore face, lots of balm to ease the burn!
Oh well, meetings and documents to work on all day.
Hope everyone has a better start than me, all in all though, can't complain, it's not like a bad shave is too much of a cause for whining; onwards and upwards.

Attachments

• IMG_20210802_085717__01.jpg
    IMG_20210802_085717__01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
227532393_1216750308768387_8376340240256947852_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

First outing with the Marvel, and impressions were that it's a chunky beast with a daunting blade gap! In reality, the thick bar makes it safer, but it was still a far more aggressive shave than my Merkur 34. I'll dial down the blade tomorrow I think, to get used to the step, up and avoid spoiling the enjoyment. Tiger time I think!

SOTD 02-Aug
DSC01860.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: C&H Fanchurian V11
Soap: HeV Nautilus
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Pleasant shave this morning, the nautilus really doesn't have much of a scent to it for me but does the job providing good glide with slight cushioning (think I still need to work on the lather here), it just didn't leave much of an impression.

Great face feel with the brush, this particular one appears to be a little deeper set so doesn't have as much splay as my other. Not a bad thing, it's just a slightly different feel.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

Cheers

Marc

Monday 2nd August
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Elegant Triceratops - Gem Stainless Coated #7 - Brut Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
eeTIVrV.jpg

2 August

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Simpson Barrule
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

85C2B0C3-7C68-469B-AA9B-2D79BF7982E3.jpeg

A superb, close and comfortable two pass shave this morning. However, the lather was too thick and adding water with the small Simpson brush was no great help. I must load less soap, or use a wetter brush next time.

2/8/21

3 to 4 days growth?

Soap - Tabac Stick
Brush - Yaqi 26mm Fan Tuxedo/Mysterious Blue Handle
Razor/Blade 1 - Yaqi Katana/Lord Classic SS (2)
Razor/Blade 2 - Yaqi DOC/Gillette Minora Stainless (17)
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm G
AS - Indian Old Spice

I picked up an in grown on my cheek in my last shave which formed a painful bump, so I had to leave my skin for a few days to recover. My growth isn't the densest, but it's quite wiry and I find that if I shave daily I can pretty much use any mild razor and almost any blade and still get good results. If I leave it for a few days, I find I need something with a bit more efficiency and I went for the Yaqi Katana, which is a razor I find to be a little too much for daily shaves, but today with a Lord SS it never enough cleared the growth in it's first pass. I couldn't bare to use the same razor for a second clear up pass, so I went for another razor, and there was very little to mow down on the clear up pass.

A really superb lather with the Yaqi brush and Tabac, the brush might be the best performing brush I own, and the lather was a beautifully slick, glossy one with great cushion.

I'm not one to rate my shaves, but this one would be right at the top if I did.

Have a good day gents.

Back
Top Bottom