SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

94CBACDB-BA79-413C-B120-31E9093DE645.jpeg

Prep: Shower with PAA unscented cube.

Pre: PAA unscented cube.

Soap: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Magnum

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia

Razor: Leaf Twig

Blade: Astra SP

A great shave and I love the scent of Wickham Magnum. I need to hunt down or do a swap for a Citrus Musk that I have a sample of. The Leaf Twig just makes shaving a joy if a little too easy!

Monday 2nd August

Soap - Pre De Provence No63
Brush - Yaqi Purple Haze
Razor - Pearl Flexi V3
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - Pre De Provence No63 Balm
Scent - Penhalligons Endymion Cologne

Three shaves in with the Pearl Flexi
For me it's a capable and smooth razor
It feels and looks very well made, and if you like your razors to be on the heavier side, this could suit your needs
Adjusting the blade gap is easy, even with wet hands
The rattle? . . . .on setting 4 and above there is a slight sound, but only if purposely shaken - it's really not an issue, and it certainly doesn't detract from or affect it's performance

Punk attitude? Besides, it won't go back on ... there's an M5 grub screw in the way, Loctite'd in! :ROFLMAO:
a1a4a1c574a0c78b331991bc0f50093b.gif

Tuesday 08.03.21 SOTD
PRE: RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Reg Titanium Halo Handle
BLADE: Schick P-30 Proline AC
BRUSH: Yaqi Aqua 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
SOAP: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap

Rd9U0TG.png

Tuesday 08.03.21 SOTD
PRE: RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Reg Titanium Halo Handle
BLADE: Schick P-30 Proline AC
BRUSH: Yaqi Aqua 24x55mm High Mountain Silvertip
SOAP: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap

Rd9U0TG.png
Like that one:love:

Tue 3 SOTD
Cream Arko Sensitive
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot & Lavender + HA + TGS Orange Empire
Good creamy & slick lather from the cream.
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this blade! Really crisp, smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were excellent.
20210803_094118.jpg

SOTD : 3rd August 2021.

14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's Shaving Soap.
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D3)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Third outing with the Chinese super blue blade, which still performed wonderfully with no dulling issues.

Each time i use blue's shaving soap, the outcome of the shave has always good, this morning was no exception...The soap s doesn't have much of scent, but it's performance, & post shave feel are amazingly good. 'However, i have mentioned before i won't buy it again as the price has more than trebled from some seller since i last bought it' for a little extra i could buy MWF or the new Cella Bio... I still recommend anyone who is curious to give a try though.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 03-Aug
DSC01884.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Captains Choice Lime Cream
Razor: PoPo 100 6/8

A so-so shave this morning, first trial with the Lime. I should always remember to start a new soap going to the bowl rather than straight to the face, the bowl being my comfort zone. Impatience meant I only really got to the sweet spot at pass 3, lesson learnt. On top of that the PoPo definitely needs to be taken back for a refresh.

Not the best, still smooth but a little tingly!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

F45B6897-13A4-4D7B-92EE-D98A8F03F0E1.jpeg
Prep: Shower with PAA unscented cube

Pre: PAA unscented cube

Soap: A&E barbiere sofisticato

Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger.

Razor: Karve wide head brass b plate

Blade: Astra SP

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

A great first shave with this delightful razor. I love the weight and handle on this razor, yet it’s one of the most gently efficient beasts I own! I’ll try the C plate tomorrow if I’ve enough growth as I think that may just be my sweet spot but this is amazing!
it’s hard to judge from one shave which I prefer this or the Tatara Masamune but I think they both have their strengths. I think the size and manoeuvre-ability of the Masamune is amazing but the efficiency of the Karve is better. It’s hard to judge accurately from the one shave though! It’s so good I took my Fatboy off the shelf as it’s finally given me the impetus to move it on, (I think). I barely use it and it has never given me as good a shave as those two razors!
The A&E is just a beautiful take on a barbershop smell that I love in their take but not in any other makes I’ve tried! I just wish the splash was stronger!

Prepped with a shower, used Ramblin' Man that arrived yesterday, Lupo.72 loaded with the GSB that gave me such a roughing up yesterday. Decided to go 3 passes, WTG+WTG+XTG, splashed with Ramblin' Man, unscented balm and another quick splash to finish. Mrs D better say that I smell nice today!!!!
On the up side, nice shave today, GSB much better on run 2 - or maybe because I didn't go ATG!! :confused::)

Attachments

• 20210803_SOTD.jpg
    20210803_SOTD.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom