SOTD : Saturday 31th July to Friday 6th August July 2021.

Tuesday 3rd August 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse then Proraso red pre-shave cream
Soap/Cream: ESC Citrus Kiss cream
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Despined GEM (changed halfway through)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Floid Vigoroso aftershave then Barts Balm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine balm
EdC: Alvarez Gomez Agua be Colonia

78BAA0C8-3A97-41FF-931F-E9809D3739CD.jpeg
This evenings shave did not deserve to give me the BBS result it did.

Having bought ESC’s Citrus Kiss cream earlier today I was keen to see how it performed. It came as no surprise that it was flawless with a super rich thick creamy lather giving excellent protection. If it wasn’t for this I think I would be in a lot more discomfort.

The weapons of choice were simple as I knew they would perform flawlessly. However…half way through my 2nd pass (XTG) the blade fell off the edge of a cliff. It was its 4th outing which I wouldn’t class as pushing it, but thinking I could finish off the shave with this blade was a mistake.

At the end of my 2nd pass I could feel the discomfort on my neck building, so ditched the blade and replaced it with a fresh despined GEM. It glided no problem though my neck was feeling delicate.

Rinsing off I could feel the heat building which was amplified with the splash of Floid. Soothing Barts Balm came to the rescue though I do have a red dotted neck. Hopefully it’ll calm as the evening goes on, but eff me it’s tingling.

Think I’ll give tomorrow night a miss.

May your shaves be great folks (not like mine this evening!).

03/08/2021

Razor: ATT Aluminium Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2015 LE
Soap: P&B Interlinked
ASL: P&B Interlinked
ASB: P&B Interlinked

IMG_20210802_185449-01.jpeg

Second use of the P&B Interlinked and I'm now content to say it's my favourite P&B scent. I went and bought the matching splash and balm but unfortunately I'm getting irritation from it. Absolutely gutted!

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 3rd August 2021

Shave Score 9.8 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Signature Soaps - Patchouli Foaming Shower Wash
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: TOBS - Eton College
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminum (C)
Blade: Amazon - Solimo (1)
Post Shave ASL: TOBS - Eton College
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne: TOBS - Eton College

A late post today, but a great shave this morning after not being able to shave yestreday :)

Getting on great with my new Aluminum Karve.

Joe

05086181-4B5F-412E-9441-110CF72A4222.jpeg

03/08/2021

View attachment 74742

Second use of the P&B Interlinked and I'm now content to say it's my favourite P&B scent. I went and bought the matching splash and balm but unfortunately I'm getting irritation from it. Absolutely gutted!
First dibs on the 3 piece set of interlinked :)

Hi! Shave #40:
2bHxT97.jpg

Pre: Handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: stick Palmolive.
Brush: PAA The Green Ray.
Razor: old travel razor (German?).
Blade: Topaz (#1).

Take care and have a nice day!

Stop it @Satanfriendly! It was you who enabled me to get the General in the first place... now you're telling there's more? :)

Indeed there is.

There is a beautiful black aluminium on the BST

I don't enable people. I just tell them where to spend their money. And as you now know, money well spent in the right direction.

03/08/2021

View attachment 74742

Love the picture , but not loving that you are getting Irritation !

Tuesday 3rd August

AM-JKLUyE38IBBR_UFitZubsRZCcMsrofA0vxeynaX5D3_xyAwdCejh6tWXR3PW9uZBLweUMevkMZNzGdHHDPVgD_XtZywUMzIa62Fch_0CZId6Og8Mmh7T7LqeXuMA1hPQCk7mOq8rS843DTZSV-nZUQpYwuw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (2)
YSL Kouros Aftershave

Birthday shave!

Time to reflect on all that kit and pick some real favourites ...

By a country mile, it's MWF as my choice for soap and it is, of course, a 1912 razor for which I picked the dandiest that I have: the Sun Ray. Lather up with my lovely Semogue piggy and finish with a splash of the really good stuff.

That was quite perfect.

Tuesday 3rd August

AM-JKLUyE38IBBR_UFitZubsRZCcMsrofA0vxeynaX5D3_xyAwdCejh6tWXR3PW9uZBLweUMevkMZNzGdHHDPVgD_XtZywUMzIa62Fch_0CZId6Og8Mmh7T7LqeXuMA1hPQCk7mOq8rS843DTZSV-nZUQpYwuw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/24mm Boar
Ever Ready 1912 Sun Ray
GEM by Personna Stainless PTFE (2)
YSL Kouros Aftershave

Birthday shave!

Time to reflect on all that kit and pick some real favourites ...

By a country mile, it's MWF as my choice for soap and it is, of course, a 1912 razor for which I picked the dandiest that I have: the Sun Ray. Lather up with my lovely Semogue piggy and finish with a splash of the really good stuff.

That was quite perfect.

Happy birthday,Paul.

Nice pic !!!

Tuesday 3rd August 2021 PM

Pre: Warm rinse then Proraso red pre-shave cream
Soap/Cream: ESC Citrus Kiss cream
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow synthetic
Razor: OneBlade Genesis
Blade: Despined GEM (changed halfway through)
Post: Warm/cold rinse, Thayers Unscented, Floid Vigoroso aftershave then Barts Balm Amber & Moroccan Jasmine balm
EdC: Alvarez Gomez Agua be Colonia

View attachment 74741
This evenings shave did not deserve to give me the BBS result it did.

Having bought ESC’s Citrus Kiss cream earlier today I was keen to see how it performed. It came as no surprise that it was flawless with a super rich thick creamy lather giving excellent protection. If it wasn’t for this I think I would be in a lot more discomfort.

The weapons of choice were simple as I knew they would perform flawlessly. However…half way through my 2nd pass (XTG) the blade fell off the edge of a cliff. It was its 4th outing which I wouldn’t class as pushing it, but thinking I could finish off the shave with this blade was a mistake.

At the end of my 2nd pass I could feel the discomfort on my neck building, so ditched the blade and replaced it with a fresh despined GEM. It glided no problem though my neck was feeling delicate.

Rinsing off I could feel the heat building which was amplified with the splash of Floid. Soothing Barts Balm came to the rescue though I do have a red dotted neck. Hopefully it’ll calm as the evening goes on, but eff me it’s tingling.

Think I’ll give tomorrow night a miss.

May your shaves be great folks (not like mine this evening!).
I was given to understand four shaves with a Gem counted as bedding in! I shall be less cocky with regard to how many is the norm.

Likewise. I’ve never had a blade dull and become unusable so quickly, so there’s every chance it was it was a crap blade, or my storage/loading has gone wrong?!?
I had the same recently where my travel bag got soaked through with ASL leakage. No idea how, but first blade out was like sandpaper and so was the second. Just binned the tuck as not worth messing around.

I had the same recently where my travel bag got soaked through with ASL leakage. No idea how, but first blade out was like sandpaper and so was the second. Just binned the tuck as not worth messing around.
The good thing is my neck’s calmed down now. I’ve probably done something to the blade as I can normally get more shaves from a GEM and it unusually just seemed to stop shaving. Glad I binned it when I did.

Sotd-03-08-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calyso alu - R plate
blade - Tiger (1)
soap - Valobra - tallow tub
brush - Simpson Special - best
post - witch hazel
a/s - none
balm - none
scent - none.

Fantastic - for unexpected reasons - perhaps? Heavy growth coming off - where did all that snow-white beard come from? - the sort of clean up my partner refers to as a 'not been feeling good then?' shave. Thought to step the alu Calypso up from the normal M plate to the R. To be honest - in a blind test - I don't think I can tell them apart in use. In my opinion - an effortlessly well designed razor. As a material, aluminium seems to be a poor relative around these parts as compared to stainless steel - but I prefer it - nice and light - you ought not to be using pressure, should you? - deft and nimble in use. I think the same about my alu Karve. The oddest thing about the shave today - I received a phone call just after the witch hazel stage - which I could not ignore - so, that was the end of that. I realised later - if anything, my skin was as good if not better than using the full fig treatment. I suspect this is mostly due to the quality of the Valobra soap - pretty much peerless for me. Who knows? - every shave day is a school day - enjoy yours - I.

Oh - first use of my new Simpson Special - from BST - practically brand new. The knot - 18mm - has a way to open up yet. I seem - the longer I shave properly - the more I gravitate to smaller and smaller brushes. Probably, because I only face-lather - a more diminutive knot is precise in use and provides better face feel for me - each to their own. Not that I am not going to be lowered nose down into a wall of silvertip in the future - it is just getting less frequent.

Thanks @Rohleder

Back
Top Bottom