SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

SOTD 05-May

Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: Barbershop De Los Muertos
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent enough shave this morning, struggled for some reason to get a decent lather, next to no cushion but very good slickness. I think others in the den have overtaken this in terms of preference, might have to throw it into storage.

Despite the lather woes it was still an acceptable finish, certainly for working from home anyway.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

@Ferry-shave
Sorry to hear about your parents.
Both my parents are in Thier 70s, my dad was in and out of hospital last month with his heart. Best wishes to your family my friend.

I wish you all the very best under these challenging times.
All the very best to you & your family.
Take Care

Sorry to hear that @Ferry-shave
Best wishes to you and your parents.

Thursday:

The razor is spot on, 2 passes as I was in a rush. DFS with no dramas.

I used the synthetic brush as it's a bit softer and doesn't gouge the DG out of the tub like any of the boar or badger brushes do.

Have a damn fine day everyone, keep those peckers (or nips, or whatever takes your fancy) up, despite the hardships you may be facing.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_104549__01.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 9
I’m sure all our thoughts are with you and your family

I Can relate to what your going through at the moment with your Mam & Dad..As already said try and keep focused & stay strong. Take care.
Yours- Barry.

Thu 5 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Barrister & Mann Vespers Balm
Just excellent the scent & lather from this soap. Thickly creamy and slick...
A good satisfactory shave from this razor. Stropped on Kanayama, the edge is very smooth and comfortable. Efficiency still required skill improvement. Tried too hard and resulted in 3 micro red spots in 3passes for a dfs-ccs result. The matching aftershave balm truly enhanced the scent, lasting too.

5 May

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

A fabulous shave this morning. Two smooth comfortable passes and the result was one close shave. The soap and aftershave made the whole process just that bit more pleasurable.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Chris, I lost my mum in November so I can relate, thinking of you in these hard times