SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

Thursday 5th May

Soap • Noble Otter Monarch
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Yaqi Raster V3/Razorock HD handle
Blade • Schick Proline P (5)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

The Yaqi Raster V3 head is really something, especially at it's £6 price point. I've not used it for quite some time, and had forgotten just how efficiently it performs.
It easily out performs my Razorock Hawk V3, only not as smooth? For me, it's akin to using a Frather Stainless instead of a Gillette Platinum in a DE Razor (the blade feels a lot sharper)
I would say it shaves almost identically as a Vector.
I wonder if they will make an open comb version?
The ring of death in the Noble Otter soap is widening with every use. I really like this quality soap, and the scent is very nice too.
Finished with Floid Mentolado Vigoroso, on what was quite a warm and sunny day.

Post shave, I received some sad, personal news from my son, which gave me time for reflection. (I won't go into the details), suffice to say, we ought to count our blessings and be grateful.

P

Fri 6 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + PA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Lovely scented soap with good lather qualities. Creamy and slick enough...
This GD 208...no other words but wow! The edge is very smooth and comfortable after a quick strop on the 0.1um and kanayama leather. 3passes without any red spots nor irritation for mixed bbs/dfs/ccs finish. Razor is good but my skills are yet to be...the journey, however, is very enjoyable! The aftershaves were good for a super hot day...
20220506_142327.jpg

Final entry for this week's SOTD's and one with the theme 'Happy bunnies'

20220505_143325.jpg

Happy razor - DC Shaves equivalent to the Excalibur whatever it is called
Happy blade - Schick Proline
Happy brush - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Happy soap - MDC Agrume
Happy scent - ADP Club
Happy bunny - Me

Have great weekends you wonderful people

Some music? Of course.....

Some love? All the time

SOTD 06-May
20220505_135820-01.jpeg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (3)

Gave the sandalwood a try this morning, thought it was quite pungent off the tub but once lathered mellowed a little. I like this omnibus base, but there do seem to be some differences. This sandalwood seemed much softer, certainly more so than the Passiflora, so suspect I may go through it a lot quicker. Wonder whether there's any value in leaving it to dry out a little, ah well we'll see.

Great finish, smooth and irritation free and ready for the day ahead.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Morning fellas.
What started out as 'haven't got time for the straight today' turned out to be a lovely start to Friday.
Moka Express synth, Gothic Revival soap, '63 ball end Tech with a Voskhod (4?!), followed by the lovely GR balm.

After the usual wash with Pears and hot flannel I whipped up a delightful lather and had a close and comfortable shave, as close to BBS as I would wish for. 3 passes, and I was enjoying it so much I had to remind myself that less is more, was tempted to go again although not necessary, but of course that's not the way forward is it? I don't know what it is but this GR scent is like catnip to me, I can't get enough! Especially as I have been using the equally well performing but unscented Musgo a lot lately. I have missed my daily blast of GR, a strong scent that stays for the whole shave and then can be topped off with the balm. Almost no need for AS but I had a spray of Zara Tobacco anyway. It is Friday after all. Hope you all have a good weekend.
20220506_092432.jpg

shzUixk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Soap: I Coloniali
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave Lotion
Scent: B&M YSL Rive Gauche EdT

Lovely lather from the I Coloniali soap - a very comfortable and close shave.

Back
Top Bottom