SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

Sotd-06-05-22.png

I wasn't going to shave today - then the post arrived! :)

Karve alu - C plate
Treet DuraSharp carbon (4)
Simpson Special best
Signature - Capra unscented
warm water
Nivea 2 - 1
Gotas Frescas Hombre.

The goat's milk soap didn't disappoint. Zero learning curve in lathering. The skin conditioning is really top notch. Thanks @BrianH - the weekend beckons - cheers - I.

View attachment 87723

I wasn't going to shave today - then the post arrived! :)

Karve alu - C plate
Treet DuraSharp carbon (4)
Simpson Special best
Signature - Capra unscented
warm water
Nivea 2 - 1
Gotas Frescas Hombre.

The goat's milk soap didn't disappoint. Zero learning curve in lathering. The skin conditioning is really top notch. Thanks @BrianH - the weekend beckons - cheers - I.
Thank you @Digimonkey Postal delivery always prompts a shave! Scheduling a number of fragranced goats milk ones over the next few months and no price hikes!
Have a great weekend. Best Regards Brian

Friday:

I ended up skipping the random selection for soap after the arrivals yesterday of matching splashes for a couple of soaps that I got last month.

The Superspeed didn't disappoint, but I think it's the last run out for the Minora blade based on the end of the shave, plus I dropped the bloomin' razor it so no fourth outing.

Even my wife liked the scent for the Leodis straight off the bat, normally I have to let them 'grow' before she likes them, but the light flowery, fruity, citrussy notes in this have all done their trick. Still got another match up to run out, but I do like this. I thought I would based on the soap, so glad I got the matching splashes.

Great shave, happy bunny here

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_143547__01.jpg
    IMG_20220506_143547__01.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
06/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Duke 2
Soap - Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor - Gillette Tech Travel set
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's / Argan Oil home mixed Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 18 (7).JPG
3 passes and some touch up due to the blade going off, i decided to finish the shave with it anyway.
A really comfortable BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday:

I ended up skipping the random selection for soap after the arrivals yesterday of matching splashes for a couple of soaps that I got last month.

The Superspeed didn't disappoint, but I think it's the last run out for the Minora blade based on the end of the shave, plus I dropped the bloomin' razor it so no fourth outing.

Even my wife liked the scent for the Leodis straight off the bat, normally I have to let them 'grow' before she likes them, but the light flowery, fruity, citrussy notes in this have all done their trick. Still got another match up to run out, but I do like this. I thought I would based on the soap, so glad I got the matching splashes.

Great shave, happy bunny here
Thanks Gary, glad your wife likes it, that’s half the battle! Regards Brian

Friday AM 2022-05-06
National Space Day
HqtnXWQ.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Brooks Brothers aftershave

I don't know who actually made the soap and aftershave for Brooks Brothers, but they made great products. And with the wonderful old Personna blade, the Diamondback does a fine job. Still, the Paradigm 17-4 is just very slightly smoother for me than the Diamondback, my WR2, or the Carbon razors.
JJQsE3z.jpg

9ECA7C28-4465-45D4-8221-1F9DABED8BA9.jpeg
SOTD: 06/05/2022

Razor: Across The Tie G1
Blade: Gem Blade, 6th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Healing Bracelet UK Orange & Cinnamon Shea Butter and Oatmeal Bar Puck
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT
Balm: Stirling Orange Chill Lotion
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Healing Soap is a great base and one of the easiest soaps I have to get a great creamy lather in record time from, but the scent on this isn’t for me, very little citrus or orange and a vaguely cinnamon being more overpowering. Disappointing and added to the shower soap pile!

Back
Top Bottom