SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

05/05/22
Mug Soap and Mitchells May
Pre - Shower
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Gillette Fatboy F2
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

Wk 18 (6).JPG
Another really nice shave this morning, today using the Fatboy. 2 Passes WTG then ATG with a little touch up on the whirlpools for a smooth comfortable finish.
The MWF lather just seems to be getting better, i am not sure if it is because it is getting regular use so is not drying out too much, therefore easier to load? Could be wrong.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD - Wednesday 04 May 2022

Star wars day - May the 4th be with you, always :)

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave oil.
Cream: Truefill & Hill Indian Lime.
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Razor: Edwin Jagger - 3ONE6.
Blade: Gillette Winner (day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, D R Harris Pink Aftershave, Truefitt & Hill 1805, followed by a liberal spray of Truefitt & Hill 1805.

I have been enjoying slow horses - Garry Oldman as Jackson Lamb is amazing - one of the characters was getting a shave at - Truefitt & Hill; I have never used their products before and curiousity got the better of me; loved the Indian lime shaving cream as a starter and then branched out. Many thanks to @Ian T at the Gentleman's Groom room for stocking such a fine array of Truefitt & Hill and for taking the time to listen to my woes and for his humanity and advice - much appreciated.

Sadly, my Dad is slowly slipping away - he is comfortable, and it is a matter of making the best of the time we have left. At the moment, one of the few things that he looks forward to is a shave - he has never commented on that before, but he feels set up for the day and happy after a good shave. Sadly, he is unable to shave with carts anymore and is getting an electric razor, but still. (I appreciate that when it comes to choice of shaving gear everyones milage may vary :)).

To cheer myself up, I also got a Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor, after seeing that on Shave of the Day - an amazing shave - smooth, efficient, effective - at the moment I feel that this is a great daily driver with the performance of the Rocca v4, but kinder on the skin (not that the Rocca is bad).

The Star wars shave today was amazing - 2 passes of joy - BBS finish, without looking for that. The hardware and the software both combined very well - a joyous affair!

Unfortunately, my mum is also now seriously ill; sadly she had a significant seziure 4 weeks ago, which lasted for more than an hour; she is back home but a shadow of her former self.

Wishing everyone all the best - I am sorry for not posting for a while - I had hoped to be posting more regularly but life had changed again. I drop in and the posts here cheer me up no end.

All the best,

Chris
Our thoughts are with you Chris, always.

Paul.

5 May

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 87689
A fabulous shave this morning. Two smooth comfortable passes and the result was one close shave. The soap and aftershave made the whole process just that bit more pleasurable.
Makes my day. Regards Brian

3A8D28F9-AD15-4491-8793-0E08D34534E3.jpeg
SOTD: 05/05/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Just a lovely shave, every element was top notch!
Looks after yourself guys.

Pre = Pears Soap
Razor = Merkur Progress ( 5 )
Blade = Gillette 365 ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Pinnacle Grooming Emperor ( Sample )
Splash = Myrsol Don Miguel
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Energetic
680F5E90-5236-4F72-8CEB-0CBA98CF981F.jpegBrilliant relaxing 3 pass shave.
Finished work at 14.30 today with a face with more much than a coal miner.
i was caught in the rain which was icy chilly at six in the morning so by the time the afternoon came i was drenched to the skin.
I decided to use a pre shave today,
i say pre shave but a plain old bar of soap was suffice.
After eventually getting the face clean i decided to use a brush and give the bristles a good old rub down with the soap,
i have to say it’s very relaxing & prepares the hair already for the cut.
I have plenty samples of Pinnacle Grooming so i need to use them up.
For me it’s actually a very underrated soap & not one we see here to often.
Anyway i’m ranting on a bit so stay safe folks

PS-Proraso
Brush-Oz Generic
Razor-Yates Hybrid*
Blade-Feather
Soap-Signature Landis**
AS-Barts Lavender
AAS-Tea Tree Oil

* I must admit using the hybrid plate I don’t notice any difference or result from either side. I like heavy razors but the Yates isn’t bad for a lightweight and pairs well with the Feather blade.

**This soap tends to sit in the cupboard as I prefer the Danum but no complaints. I’ve got some Londinium coming so I might change my mind.

PS-Proraso
Brush-Oz Generic
Razor-Yates Hybrid*
Blade-Feather
Soap-Signature Landis**
AS-Barts Lavender
AAS-Tea Tree Oil

* I must admit using the hybrid plate I don’t notice any difference or result from either side. I like heavy razors but the Yates isn’t bad for a lightweight and pairs well with the Feather blade.

**This soap tends to sit in the cupboard as I prefer the Danum but no complaints. I’ve got some Londinium coming so I might change my mind.
It should, just ask @Satanfriendly

Thursday AM 2022-05-05
Birthdate in 1830 of John Batterson Stetson (founder of hat company in 1865)
vSseiwe.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Floris Santal shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Shaving Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave

The Floris cream made wonderful spicy sandalwood lather, and the old Personna blade was extraordinarily smooth, as if it was made specifically for the razor. The Adamas has the Damascus pattern but is more highly polished, so it does not have the surface roughness of the Damascus. And the aftershave's light spiciness finished the shave very nicely.
voM1Th5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom