SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

SOTD : 30th April 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp. (D1)
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP.

(Face & Head shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the bank holiday weekend. (UK)....Having recently reacquainted myself with the Feather Hi stainless i was curious to try a head shave with the R41 paired together with the Gillette Perma-Sharp another blade that i hadn't used the for a considerable amount of time so for the full week I'll be reacquainting myself with it with my German made DE razors as i did in my previous week shaves.

The Muhle R41/Perma-Sharp duo paired together wonderfully feeling smooth and very efficient, not in the same league as with the Feather Hi Stainless, but very near...Using the lightest of touch and treating the razor with the upmost respect the duo mowed through my stubble with effortless ease.

An enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the long bank holiday weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
A Saturday morning and a shave with the theme, 'A banana free week'

20220429_141230.jpg

What are those? - Muhle R89
Que? - Polsilver Lodz
Not around here mate - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Never heard of them - Signature Soaps Londinium
Get away, no way. Bent yellow fruit? - Hermes vert Orange

'Good riddance. You banana things are just so old school now.'

A lovely welcome return to the razor which brought me back in to DE shaving. Not sure the titanium handle does that much for me, but it does look somewhat pretty. I must get a heavier handle as they change the dynamics of the 89 so much for the better. But until then happy bunnies were very much the requirements for the day, and an abundance of conjecos feliz were duly delivered.

Is the Londinium the best shaving soap on the planet? Every possibility.

A super shave and a great start to the day. Welcome Mr Saturday, and a good morning to you all.....

30/04/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - @andrew Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Baxter's A/S Balm
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 18 (1).JPG
Its always a pleasure to break out a straight razor, up today was #1 of the Kropp pair. I face lathered the MWF to a nice slick, loose lather, then completed 2 passes - WTG then a XTG/ATG mix with a little touch up on the whirlpools for a DFS+ finish.
I could feel my angles were out here and there so ran the little used Alum block around the chops, it did give a little bit indication mainly around the chin and throat, nothing major.
A very enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Today's shave:

rdt220430dkjmd.jpg

- West Coast Shaving Gatsby
- Chisel & Hound Fanchurian
- Swing Bakelite with ASP blade
- West Coast Shaving Gatsby aftershave

:D

Saturday, 30 April

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Gillette Platinum Blue (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My usual Saturday setup with a Gillette Platinum (for a trial run): a fine three-pass shave. I’ll see how the blade holds out. Have a good long weekend, folks.

Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash
Beautiful lather from this soap! It was rich creamy slick with a nice delicious scent...whipped up easily by the super soft badger!
The shave with this razor after stropping on the Kanayama was very nice! Buttery smooth and comfortable. Some say a wedge is like shaving with an axe but this axe is really gentle I just love hefty razors. 3 enjoyable passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs result. The matching aftershave was super...
20220430_124828.jpg
P/S: My cat is admiring my shave den and wondering what the fuss is all about... :LOL::LOL:
20220430_125409.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

Back to the Rex Envoy after a couple of milder razors. This time I tested another favourite blade, the Gillette Wilkinson Sword. This worked really well and although I had a little stubble remaining on my toughest area, on the neck, the rest of the shave was a face stroker.

The Arkadia is a Stirling Soap I’ve not used for a while. Its based on Hermes Terre d’Hermes which I have in cologne form. I don’t spray it too often as it’s very powerful, easily lasting overnight. The soap is a superb match, but obviously not as overpowering which is a good thing.

As with my last shave the brush ran out of lather for the third pass, but a quick swipe in the tub recharged it.

All in all, a very nice Saturday shave. Now time to relax!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Stirling Arkadia
Brush: Semogue Owners Club
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None needed
Bowl: Face lather

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: AP Shaves - Lemon Drop
S Soap: E&S Rasage - Equinoxe

Last shave of the month so last shave with the DE89 for a while. I really enjoyed all shaves this month and it proved that the DE89 is not just a beginners tool. It gives amazing shaves arguably better shaves than the many more expensive counterparts.
The Equinoxe did not dissapoint. Close in scent signature with Oasis from the same E&S Rasage so @Boycie83 you were right in recommending to get this one too from the Emporium. Your nose is to be trusted.

For May I'll move to an injector with Parker adjustable.

Wishing you all a splendid BH weekend!

20220430_122315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom