SOTD : Saturday 30th April - Friday 6th May 2022.

SOTD 05-May
20220502_162034-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: Barbershop De Los Muertos
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (2)

Decent enough shave this morning, struggled for some reason to get a decent lather, next to no cushion but very good slickness. I think others in the den have overtaken this in terms of preference, might have to throw it into storage.

Despite the lather woes it was still an acceptable finish, certainly for working from home anyway.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD - Wednesday 04 May 2022

Star wars day - May the 4th be with you, always :)

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave oil.
Cream: Truefill & Hill Indian Lime.
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Razor: Edwin Jagger - 3ONE6.
Blade: Gillette Winner (day 1).
Post: Cold water splash, D R Harris Pink Aftershave, Truefitt & Hill 1805, followed by a liberal spray of Truefitt & Hill 1805.

I have been enjoying slow horses - Garry Oldman as Jackson Lamb is amazing - one of the characters was getting a shave at - Truefitt & Hill; I have never used their products before and curiousity got the better of me; loved the Indian lime shaving cream as a starter and then branched out. Many thanks to @Ian T at the Gentleman's Groom room for stocking such a fine array of Truefitt & Hill and for taking the time to listen to my woes and for his humanity and advice - much appreciated.

Sadly, my Dad is slowly slipping away - he is comfortable, and it is a matter of making the best of the time we have left. At the moment, one of the few things that he looks forward to is a shave - he has never commented on that before, but he feels set up for the day and happy after a good shave. Sadly, he is unable to shave with carts anymore and is getting an electric razor, but still. (I appreciate that when it comes to choice of shaving gear everyones milage may vary :)).

To cheer myself up, I also got a Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor, after seeing that on Shave of the Day - an amazing shave - smooth, efficient, effective - at the moment I feel that this is a great daily driver with the performance of the Rocca v4, but kinder on the skin (not that the Rocca is bad).

The Star wars shave today was amazing - 2 passes of joy - BBS finish, without looking for that. The hardware and the software both combined very well - a joyous affair!

Unfortunately, my mum is also now seriously ill; sadly she had a significant seziure 4 weeks ago, which lasted for more than an hour; she is back home but a shadow of her former self.

Wishing everyone all the best - I am sorry for not posting for a while - I had hoped to be posting more regularly but life had changed again. I drop in and the posts here cheer me up no end.

All the best,

Chris
@Ferry-shave
Sorry to hear about your parents.
Both my parents are in Thier 70s, my dad was in and out of hospital last month with his heart. Best wishes to your family my friend.

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Wright's cold tar soap, followed by cold water splash and Truefitt & Hill Pre-shave oil.
Post: Cold water splash, D R Harris Pink Aftershave, Truefitt & Hill 1805, followed by a liberal spray of Truefitt & Hill 1805.

I have been enjoying slow horses - Garry Oldman as Jackson Lamb is amazing - one of the characters was getting a shave at - Truefitt & Hill; I have never used their products before and curiousity got the better of me; loved the Indian lime shaving cream as a starter and then branched out. Many thanks to @Ian T at the Gentleman's Groom room for stocking such a fine array of Truefitt & Hill and for taking the time to listen to my woes and for his humanity and advice - much appreciated.

Sadly, my Dad is slowly slipping away - he is comfortable, and it is a matter of making the best of the time we have left. At the moment, one of the few things that he looks forward to is a shave - he has never commented on that before, but he feels set up for the day and happy after a good shave. Sadly, he is unable to shave with carts anymore and is getting an electric razor, but still. (I appreciate that when it comes to choice of shaving gear everyones milage may vary :)).

To cheer myself up, I also got a Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 razor, after seeing that on Shave of the Day - an amazing shave - smooth, efficient, effective - at the moment I feel that this is a great daily driver with the performance of the Rocca v4, but kinder on the skin (not that the Rocca is bad).

The Star wars shave today was amazing - 2 passes of joy - BBS finish, without looking for that. The hardware and the software both combined very well - a joyous affair!

Unfortunately, my mum is also now seriously ill; sadly she had a significant seziure 4 weeks ago, which lasted for more than an hour; she is back home but a shadow of her former self.

Wishing everyone all the best - I am sorry for not posting for a while - I had hoped to be posting more regularly but life had changed again. I drop in and the posts here cheer me up no end.

All the best,

Chris
I wish you all the very best under these challenging times.
All the very best to you & your family.
Take Care

Thursday 5th May
Claymore Evo - Feather Pro #3 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Signature Soaps Hibernia - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
u8BIozv.jpg

Pre-shave:

All the best,

Chris
Sorry to hear that @Ferry-shave
Best wishes to you and your parents.

Thursday:

The razor is spot on, 2 passes as I was in a rush. DFS with no dramas.

I used the synthetic brush as it's a bit softer and doesn't gouge the DG out of the tub like any of the boar or badger brushes do.

Have a damn fine day everyone, keep those peckers (or nips, or whatever takes your fancy) up, despite the hardships you may be facing.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20220505_104549__01.jpg
    IMG_20220505_104549__01.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 9

Pre-shave:

All the best,

Chris
I’m sure all our thoughts are with you and your family

Pre-shave:

All the best,

Chris
I Can relate to what your going through at the moment with your Mam & Dad..As already said try and keep focused & stay strong. Take care.
Yours- Barry. :)

Thu 5 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Barrister & Mann Vespers Balm
Just excellent the scent & lather from this soap. Thickly creamy and slick...
A good satisfactory shave from this razor. Stropped on Kanayama, the edge is very smooth and comfortable. Efficiency still required skill improvement. Tried too hard and resulted in 3 micro red spots in 3passes for a dfs-ccs result. The matching aftershave balm truly enhanced the scent, lasting too.
20220505_183829.jpg

5 May

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

EA95343D-4439-4C0F-953E-B973EEB3419D.jpeg
A fabulous shave this morning. Two smooth comfortable passes and the result was one close shave. The soap and aftershave made the whole process just that bit more pleasurable.

Pre-shave:

All the best,

Chris
Sorry to hear of your troubles Chris, I lost my mum in November so I can relate, thinking of you in these hard times :)

Back
Top Bottom