SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

It is the principle of Occam's razor which gives rise to this shave being themed, 'Keep it simple Mr Simple'

20220907_195336.jpg

Philosophical razor - Occams Enoch
Parsimonious blade - Kai Titan mild
Heuristic brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Pragmatic soap - Savonniere du Moulin
Epistemological moisturiser - Collegen

'Indeed. On the matter of relatively, Satanfriendly is relatively speaking, a daft twat'

I started reading up on the 'Ocaams razor' theorem earlier this evening as curiosity did ask as to what it was. After about five minutes I was somewhat bewildered, followed by a lack of interest and finally the thought, 'Bollocks to this I'll have a shave instead'

And this is it

And to be to the point about it and free of the usual peripheral rubbish, a great shave was had.

Have I just grasped Occams razor?

Enjoy the simplicity of those Puffyshoes girls

ZnntQxQ.png

Thursday 09.08.22
RAZOR: Blackland Vector Polished Stainless Steei
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Elite Razor Fire & Ice 24mm Manchurian White
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Spitfire Shaving Soap

3ECA37E3-7755-4849-9918-BF264580760B.jpeg
SOTD: 07/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Masamune OC
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

An effortless shave on my final combination with the titanium Tatara. The open comb is just amazingly smooth and quite the opposite of what I worried it would be like. The whole titanium set up is just great and has given me a shave completely opposite what I expected. The weight loss takes this razor to another level and if I’m honest I wish I could afford one!

It is the principle of Occam's razor which gives rise to this shave being themed, 'Keep it simple Mr Simple'

View attachment 93071

'Indeed. On the matter of relatively, Satanfriendly is relatively speaking, a daft twat'

I started reading up on the 'Ocaams razor' theorem earlier this evening as curiosity did ask as to what it was. After about five minutes I was somewhat bewildered, followed by a lack of interest and finally the thought, 'Bollocks to this I'll have a shave instead'

And this is it

And to be to the point about it and free of the usual peripheral rubbish, a great shave was had.

You should try the Oren

View attachment 93071

And this is it

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Not sure who the quote is from.......I didn't get along with the Enoch. Another vote for the OREN Nano ;)

Last edited:
Thu 8 SR SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Near Wedge
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
A top-shelf soap for scent and lather qualities...creamy and slick. Matching splash enhanced the nice scent for longer...
Another wonderful old smiling razor with a friendly, smooth, and comfortable edge. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220908_091351.jpg

SOTD : 8th September 2022.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Wickham 1912 Classic 24. (Sample)
Blade: Dorco st300. (D2)
Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Wickham 1912 Classic 24 sample soap is something i totally forgot about and is a joy to shave with providing a wonderfully scented slick protective lather, and a great post shave feel...i also have a small amount of the Irish fern soap sample which i will use up in a future shave...Wickham shaving soaps have such great scents.

My first week Dorco DE blade focus have performed wonderfully providing me with comfortable acceptable shaves.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 08-Sep
20220907_151226.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: 7 O'clock SP (2)

Wonderful shave this morning, love the wood & Spice and usual proraso performance, cannot grumble in the slightest. Excellent lather, smooth finish and absolutely irritation free. Been meaning to pick it up so ordered the cologne to arrive tomorrow and finish off the set!

Hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

08/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Savage
Wk 36 (6).JPG
The Sabre always tames that initial harshness of a new blade and today was no exception, a super smooth and comfortable 2 passes and a touch up for an easy BBS finish.
The Alpha Synth and Signature soap produced copious amounts of lather during the face scrub.
A nice post shave routine finishing of a nice bit of sink time.

Back
Top Bottom