SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

7/9/22

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - GFS Wild Hog
Razor - Gillette New OC/Souplex Handle
Blade - Gillette Nacet (1)
Post - Alum/Lea 0%
AS - Brutal

What is this Shubs/Donnie posting in the SOTD section of the forum?

I thought he was bearded?

He was until 7.45pm 06/09/2022, when the dull Remington clippers had taken off most of the growth, leaving behind a sorry mess in the bathroom sink/bathroom bin and shaving off the rest this morning.

I will now switch back to writing in first person and make a humble request. Wherever you may be I would like to request you have a moment's silence for my departed beard, and whilst you are at it for my hero Keith Floyd.

Here is what I used.

IMG_20220907_115944.jpg

Nice lather, but the blade felt very sharp, a bit on the harsh side of things. The last time I shaved my face was in early February and my skin had become very soft in that time! I could just about manage a pass and a bit of clean up, and I still managed to pick up a few weepers in the process, so I had to finish the shave with the alum block to close up the cuts.

Good to have a bald face once again.

Have a good day gents.

Also, here's a picture of Keith Floyd holding a fish.

iu

7/9/22

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - GFS Wild Hog
Post - Alum/Lea 0%
AS - Brutal

He was until 7.45pm 06/09/2022, when the dull Remington clippers had taken off most of the growth, leaving behind a sorry mess in the bathroom sink/bathroom bin and shaving off the rest this morning.

I will now switch back to writing in first person and make a humble request. Wherever you may be I would like to request you have a moment's silence for my departed beard, and whilst you are at it for my hero Keith Floyd.

Here is what I used.

View attachment 93050

Nice lather, but the blade felt very sharp, a bit on the harsh side of things. The last time I shaved my face was in early February and my skin had become very soft in that time! I could just about manage a pass and a bit of clean up, and I still managed to pick up a few weepers in the process, so I had to finish the shave with the alum block to close up the cuts.

Have a good day gents.

iu

8K43.gif

moment-of-silence-pay-respect.gif

Wed 7th September

RR Syn 24mm
Williams Mug soap
PAL Injectomatic
NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 3 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

A quite rare Williams Wednesday, due I guess to having too much soap.The Lather as usual was excellent, and the PAL delivered a supremely close all round finish without any fuss.

9F9C0397-35C1-4DAB-AB40-6F1FEF3618D4.jpeg

Shaved mid afternoon today, too busy this morning, so bit more growth than normally.
Brush, Culmak senior bristle,
Soap, Positano Extro
Razor, 1960s Schick Krona DE
Blade, 7 o’clock super stainless

If I’m honest the brush/crema combo wasn’t that great, we have hardish water here but I suspect I should have used badger or synthetic to get better lather…..next time!
Blade/razor combo gave a mild shave but was excellent and really smooth after two passes, wtg, atg.
Finished off with Positano Extro after shave, now smelling pretty good but will wait to see what my dear Mrs has to say when she returns home.
Have a great end of week fellas!

6425E798-1E7C-4CD2-BB64-B14BFA7FA245.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2022-09-07
The TV sports network ESPN debuted on this date in 1979
i40TKKG.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Faux Ivory Finest (22/50)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave

The old C&E cream is IMHO the best sandalwood cream ever made. A pea-sized dab of it makes bountiful, great-smelling lather.
RtbaaA1.jpg

7/9/22

Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - GFS Wild Hog
Post - Alum/Lea 0%
AS - Brutal

Here is what I used.

View attachment 93050

Have a good day gents.

iu
That Aftershave looks Brutal

sorry i’ll get my coat :ROFLMAO:

Razor = Merkur Progress ( 3 )
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 3 )
Brush = C&H Adventure Series V15
Soap = Razorock Mudder Focker with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
28DE9464-8B0E-40B7-94A9-F13070E1EB93.jpeg
Another good one tonight although one small weeper :eek:
Don’t know why but it always seems to happen with this razor when i go for a 3 pass.
It’s probably me being a plum.
The soap for me is really good,
it’s one of these soaps always at the back of my mind to use.
It’s my one & only Razorock soaps and i reckon they are as good as any at a third or even quarter the price of others.
The Brush is a bit of a gimmick really but i like the idea.
The handle was sourced on a walk with Robb’s family, a little piece of Hickory wood,
air dried & treated.
Gimmick or not the Brush is up there with my best.
Shave was a 7/10 not perfect but thoroughly enjoyable anyway.
Back to Norway for me next week :(
i’m only home Sunday,
Never mind i guess it feeds the habit
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Guys

Back
Top Bottom