SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

SOTD : 3rd September 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : MWF.
Blade: Dorco st300. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend....Maiden shave using the recently purchased Omega 10066 boar brush.

I had already gave the brush a five minute soak in tepid water & pre-wash with Dettol anti-bacterial hand soap leaving it to soak for a few minutes to get rid of any nasties, and to remove any loose hairs repeated the process, to remove the very faint natural piggy fragrance which the Dettol soap removed and finally a rinse with warm & cold water to remove any soap residue...As with most boar/natural hair brushes with regular use it'll be a great brush especially for face /dome-head lathering.

Another wonderful addition to my humble boar brush collection.

For the next month or longer i intend use both my SE & DE razors,+ my Boar brushes, and carry on with a focus run of the mass stock pile of various DE blades which i have accumulated through my past ''impulsive buying urges" and more importantly to start using them up...Starting with the Dorco st300 which paired together with the Merkur 39C wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

Due to me having such a vast amount of various Dorco blade's and because they are so in-expensive I'll use them for two shave's regardless if i could possibly get more shaves from them i retire them to the blade bin especially for head shaving which dulls the blade edge much quicker than face shaving.

The Dorco st300 blade are like a lot of DE blades i have used they are not the most aggressive blade, but i find them very smooth and forgiving and pair together with all my DE razors.

Another close comfortable, acceptable face & head shave with errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 3 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Bluebird Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
Truly an awesome grand-smelling soap further enhanced by the excellent matching splash which sure can last. The lather was terrific as well...rich creamy and slick, whip up by the excellent brush...Good easy-to-use razor and blade combination resulted in 3 smooth comfortable and efficient shaves for a bbs finish but also a weeper on the chin...dang!
20220903_085501.jpg

Welcome back my friends to the shave that never ends. To celebrate SEptember and embrace its Single Edged theme, I open my account by using a DE. This shave appears on your screen courtesy of my own theme, 'Cuddly kittens and cuddly adult activities'

20220902_190255.jpg

S&M - Tatara Nodachi
Bondage up yours - Schick Proline
Oh isn't it fluffy - Razorock 400
My oh my, how cute - Captain Fawcett's
Whips and furs - Pure moisturiser

'A what spot?'

I started this fine shave with a shower using 'Source Shea butter and coconut' shower gel. Now I wasn't so sure what Shea butter was and so I read up as judging by the scent of this stuff I was quite convinced it was a dairy product. Alas, it isn't, but it doesn't prevent this shower gel having the air of one being covered in Lurpak and then smeared with a Bounty bar *

Certainly different

* Note to self. One to practice for a themed evening. Must be easier than the aqualung and flippers **

The Tatara, and not even the new black version. This one has travelled over to Yorkshire with me to get established in its new home.

**Further note. Need a fridge in the bedroom

Happy days, I didn't quite realise that I had further stocks of Lodz blades over here. Must be a heaven sent blessing for fixing other bods bollocked up bicycles this past week. So in one goes. The 400 is not quite the brush for hard Soaps but with a bit of water and a bit of persuasive swirling, job done. In passing I couldn't recommend Fawcett's tallow based soaps highly enough. Great lathering properties, great scents and beautifully presented. Sterling stuff.

Am I so glad I bought a second Nodachi. It is one of those razors which gives such a great impression and great results that I actually miss it when travelling this side of the country. Smooth, precise and efficient without ever showing it is about to be aggressively ugly. Total control and confidence. And on this occasion totally superb results. Perfect for a day out in York today.

Have a smashing weekend you fantastic forum folk and just in case you need it, 'I love you all'

I also happen to love these ladies. From the days of the over enthusiastic drummer Junna.

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt220903hwdti.jpg

- Mondial Zagara
- Frank Shaving "Blue Amber" 2-Band
- Mühle Rytmo with Sputnik blade
- Pure & Basic Fresh aftershave

:D

SOTD: 03/09/2022

Razor: Colonial General With UFO Colibri Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A Shaving Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

We are in my favourite time of year. I love Autumn and the months that end in ber are the best. Another of my hobbies is photography and I love woodland and macro so these months are the best for me.

Last shave before going away on holiday for a week. My favourite razor is packed so had to pick something else. Testing my theory that razors I struggle with will be a better shave by using the slickest soap I have. It worked this time. Don't know if I got the pressure and/or angle right as well but I have just had my first comfortable, nay, damn fine shave from an SE razor. Even less weepers than most of my DE shaves. Slight burn on my neck but that's to be expected. I get SE's now and will be investigating further down the rabbit hole.

I went for the Autumn Ash soap as we are going to Scotland today and they are slightly ahead of us weather and seasons wise so it might be the start of autumn up there. Also this Autumn Ash is probably my (and the wife AKA Officer in Charge of Shaving Scents) second favourite shaving smell of all time.

D3992F14-A0E9-49EB-8113-4F3A2E956562.jpeg

3 September

Sterling Campania
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Sterling Campania balm

5AC2A821-C7D0-4033-8A56-58D6B49253D0.jpeg
Another fine shave this morning. The Sterling and small Yaqi brush created an admirable lather, and the Rex, now set to almost exactly 2.5, performed an expert two pass shave. A close and comfortable result, the Treet blade works do well in the Rex. Have a great weekend everyone.

Not been on here for a while, busy home working and only shaving about once a week. Anyway my routine for a little while has been a first pass with the Tedalus shavette and then a second pass with my Timeless 68 scalloped. Highly effective and a relaxing process.
This morning I just didn’t fancy using the shavette. The 68 just can’t cope with more than a few days beard so I picked up the Timeless 95OC.
Not used it for a while and I’d forgotten what a machine this thing is, easily mowing down a week’s beard with no clogging.
For the second pass it was as smooth as you like and I have a very clean close quick shave.
Sure you have to treat it with rather more respect than the 68 but the blade feel reminds you.
Note to self - mix things up a bit more!
Enjoy your weekends folks

SOTD 03-Sep
20220825_164327.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Well another O ring bites the dust, I swear I've lost count of the number that have gone down the bloody sink and I never learn!

Oh well, very good shave this morning with the soft sandalwood soap, very nice scent and paired with the superb sabre led to a very smooth finish. Though miraculously I did manage to catch myself slightly on the neck, been a while!

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc

03/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 36 (1).JPG
Another fantastic face lather from the signature soaps, it almost feels like i am cheating, its just so easy to use.
The General - Probably the best AC-SE razor I have used.
Very Nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

New DE today, Sword Edge adjustable.
No name brush, re knotted synthetic, DR Harris Lavender shave cream.
Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless
The lavender cream has a light scent, which contrasts well with its vivid lavender lilac colour which when I opened the pot made me reach for the sunglasses.
The razor is really well made and has a smooth streamlined look about it. The unit is a bit on the heavy side, most of the weight seems to come from the handle. Their are only 6 adjustments, I started on 1 and moved to 3 which were good enough to produce an excellent result with 2 passes.
The razor has an unusual method of blade installation, the top cap pulls off so no screw threads to tighten. Not a bad package including a leatherette razor case and 5 x 7 o’clock blades, all for £20.94 incl delivery, pretty good starter kit I’d say.

Have a terrific weekend fellas!

F323504B-F7EA-40CB-BB10-4BAEB2DFC212.jpeg

image.jpg

SOTD 03-Sep
View attachment 92851
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Well another O ring bites the dust, I swear I've lost count of the number that have gone down the bloody sink and I never learn!

Oh well, very good shave this morning with the soft sandalwood soap, very nice scent and paired with the superb sabre led to a very smooth finish. Though miraculously I did manage to catch myself slightly on the neck, been a while!

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc
Love that brush Marc!

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom