SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

Sotd 03/09
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: zingariman the rambler
Splash: zingariman the rambler
Balm: zingariman the rambler
Edp: zingariman the rambler
Alum bloc
Brush: PAA starcraft
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: Gillette nacet 2nd use

Scent notes:
Top: strawberry, raspberry, peppercorn, currant, anise
Heart: tobacco, hay, plum, rose, amyris, vanilla
Base: tobacco, coumarin, vanilla, tonka, red fruits.
I really like this scent smells really nice from the tub and really nice warm scent when lathering i deffo get the tabaco and a fruit scent from it very nicely balanced

Hardware I used the starcraft again and a gillette nacet in the karve went for the usual 3 pass shave great shave and a great way to start a Saturday

20220903_105855.jpg20220903_110307.jpg

Sat 3rd September

Jayaruh Syn No 67
L’ Occitane Cade cream
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 5 )
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

Used what has become a Saturday regular when out for the Day/Weekend, The Claymore is so nice to wield during a Shave with a Titanium Handle, and nice to know in advance that the finish is likely to be Top Notch.

54A5E974-3D12-4AA3-A73B-E176C1F816C8.jpeg

SOTD 72.JPG

Soap – TOBS Grapefruit
Brush – Alpha T400 / AP Shave Co cashmere fan
Razor – GEM 3D Raptor
Blade – GEM SS (3)
A/S & Balm - Nivea 2 Phase

I thought I’d get on the SEptember wagon.
An easy, comfortable first shave with a 3D razor. I adapted ok to the light weight but realised a bit of pressure was required to get the best out of it. A hassle free DFS and altogether very enjoyable.

Have a great weekend everyone !

Saturday

Tech set #27; Wizamet iridium blade.

Mrs D picked the scent and soap and I tend to use the brush of the soap maker if I have one. This PAA synth has a nice feel if it does lack backbone for a bit of scrub.

Lovely shave, very smooth and I can see why people like this blade. Is it better than my current favourite Nacet? Not quite sure, but I've got over 30 tucks of Nacet blades, so they'll feature for quite a while!
Impressed with the Wizamet on first outing though.

Have a great weekend everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_130537__01.jpg
    IMG_20220903_130537__01.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 8
Saturday AM 2022-09-03
The song 'Bunny Hope' was recorded on this date in 1952 by Ray Anthony
PlC3Cn8.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XXL Faux Ivory Finest (32/52)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
e0aBUKf.jpg

Saturday 3rd September

AL9nZEUT6fPo1oZa1yJ4iKWlF3z6seM7ihkw-ITL1dAnI2xoY8EbaYy3rAAnAYnPdsTgavpTb6RlH30rG6VO_YLVccEI51dsX52tsCKRk7hpMfaRYC2fB64le0uXsM3ghkgzm2vYid4rhAEnt74q-OosMPWBOg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
La Savonniere du Moulin Shaving Soap & Ever Ready 600N w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
AutoStrop 7 O'Clock & GEM by Personna (6)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Glorious!

La Savonniere du Moulin is so close to being my favourite shaving soap ... watch your back, Mitchell's!

Running out the week with this GEM blade, now despined and the back corners clipped in the pre-Valet AutoStrop 7 O'Clock. The retaining lugs on the underside of the top plate are half-moon in shape and I can see that they hold the (correct) blade just a smidge off the very back of the razor and so the de-spined GEM is ever so slightly too far back which can lead to an overly mild shave. It is literally half a millimetre, or so, which you can adjust the blade manually and it does stay in place for the shave. Even a slip of dental floss might be enough just to sit in there and take up that space.

I said it: Glorious!

First use of Pitralon Classic and I do like it a lot! Immediate comparisons went off in my mind with Alt Innsbruck, like a green and lightly herbal equivalent from the valleys of those mountains, while Alt Innsbruck is definitely on the slopes and the peaks. Enough metaphors. It also put me in mind a lot of LEA Classic aftershave, but without whatever it is in LEA that kinda puts me off the whole experience when I inevitably get a little in my mouth. Yeah! I like it!

shutterstock_1015831243.jpg

Pitralon country with Alt Innsbruck up in the mountains on the right.

z5g06tx.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root Balm
Scent: Creed Royal Oud EDP

SOTD 03-Sep
View attachment 92851
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: B&M Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Well another O ring bites the dust, I swear I've lost count of the number that have gone down the bloody sink and I never learn!

Oh well, very good shave this morning with the soft sandalwood soap, very nice scent and paired with the superb sabre led to a very smooth finish. Though miraculously I did manage to catch myself slightly on the neck, been a while!

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend!

Cheers

Marc
Lovely handle on that Chisel and Hound.

Back
Top Bottom