SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

Look forward to the experience myself being in the 'pass around' list and being quite a fan of the Tatara razors.
It’s a great razor set. Well out of my price range but I’ve actually found the weight and Open Comb amazing, it’s made me want to save for a Nodachi head as I didn’t really try the combinations out very well when I had a Nodachi.

LmnB5cz.jpg

Schick G1
3rd variant
Schick NOS Super Chromium blade (#1)
Viking Tree Of Life soap
YaQi Mew Brown synth brush

No AS today. Incredible DFS on multi-day holiday weekend beard!! ;)(y)

And finally an entry for SEptember and a very fine one at that. Last night's shave with the theme, 'Captain Fawcett I presume'

20220905_180717.jpg

Presumably a razor - Stainless Colonial General
I presume I am a blade - Schick Proline
Presuming this is a brush - Captain Fawcett's
A soap? Presumably - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Presumptuous perfume - Captain Fawcett's Maharajah

'Oh shit, it's the Emporium sale. Time to disappear quickly before I get sucked in to more crap'

Well I guess after procrastinating too much, diddling and doddering, getting waylaid, it is time I had better get on with this SOTD before it becomes either a non-show or the first entry in to next week's SOTD complete with a lie as to when it actually happened.

Great to have the General back in use after begging for some face-time sitting in the cabinet and having to be sidelined due to some bits of Portuguese steel. And what a sheer class act with the Schick onboard. So smooth, so quick and so hassle free. So General.

The rest was very much a captain Fawcett's night out with the new brush making up the team. Perhaps a little smaller than I anticipated but perfectly adequate and perfectly balanced for lathering duties. The knot feels very much the same as the Zenith the other evening, just smaller and shorter which probably gave towards it feeling slightly stiffer. What it will be, is a great travel brush and I see it spending quite a bit of time in the shaving bag. Which on a connected note now has a Fawcett's leather razor case inside. I found carrying razors with blades tended to rip the lining. I never did learn to take the blade out, but that is the art of being useless for you. Given the superb Scarpicchio soap, short work made of a face full of wonderfully scented lather.

Give the General something to chew in to and voila, blissfully happy and a face as smooth as a very smooth thing. Baby's bottoms, dolphins, mud, oil, the Emporium's sale techniques. Throw on the very matching and very unusual Maharajah perfume and in to the evening I went. Straight to bed. But shit, did I smell and feel good. Or at least the pillow agreed.

And to wind last night up it is over to the band of this week and the female Japanese equivalent of The White Stripes (Well okay, not quite, but there is only two. A drummer and a guitarist). It is has to be those Puffyshoes girls

And time to shave again and see if I can make tonight's entry, tonight. Perhaps not though as those two words, 'useless and me' do come to mind.

SOTD 73.JPG

Soap – Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Brush – AP Shave Co Sand Ebonite w. 2 band SHD
Razor – Occam’s (#3)
Blade – ProGuard
A/S – Epsilon BM
Balm - Lea 3in1

It’s been a while since I used Occam’s and this is my first shave with the most aggressive plate / cap (#3).
Until now I’ve only used #1 & #2 but this one’s the pick of the bunch for me. It really brought the ProGuard to life and efficiency was noticeably improved over my previous shaves. Not that they were bad but the #3 plate made such a positive difference that it felt like I was using another blade altogether in comparison.
Effortless in wiping out 3 days growth and very comfortable and smooth.

FD9958E9-DD64-47C8-AAC3-06804DAA2E61.jpeg
SOTD: 06/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Open Comb Nodachi and Solid Bar Masamune
Blade: Astra SP, 4th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

For whatever reason this is probably my least favourite combination of the plates. Maybe it’s the drop efficiency but its delightful none the less. Close and capable but missing the ultra smoothness of the lower settings or close efficiency of the higher. However this is really me being picky with what is an amazing razor, it’s still an amazing shave. I don’t want this to sound negative as I love the razor in all it’s variations but I’m not sure this is my favourite mixup. Despite this the Proraso Wood and Spice is as always a delight that lasts all day and some, one of the few splashes I can genuinely say lasts all day and that’s only on a couple of sprays combine it with my favourite brush and it was a great way to start the day.

It’s a great razor set. Well out of my price range but I’ve actually found the weight and Open Comb amazing, it’s made me want to save for a Nodachi head as I didn’t really try the combinations out very well when I had a Nodachi.

The Nodachi. Possibly my rave razor of the moment. I think it needs the longer handle. I did give yours on the BST consideration but couldn't live with such a short handle.

Back
Top Bottom