SOTD : Saturday 3 September - Friday 9 September 2022.

I used mine last week and enjoyed it a lot. The angle is just perfect, isn't it? Even with a modern blade. It's easy somehow to just dip the angle on the very edge and tuck it in right behind the roller guard.

Honing the wedges is pretty straight-forward and somewhat easier than a regular straight, as you're honing it entirely on the stone where a regular straight is drawn also sideways while stroked across the face of the stone. The only trick will be to match the facet of the blade edge using tape on the spine. Maybe one layer thick, maybe a couple. Gently and carefully mimic the action of the Rolls Razor - infact, you could use the Rolls Razor stone if you have one.

Lovely to have that stropping kit to maintain them.
Have you also used a wedge blade With this razor? I’m definitely going to sharpen a wedge and try it out.

SOTD

If you've forgotten how good sandlewood can smell, Lonny is here to remind you.................and he's not messing around !

Pre: shower, Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Face Scrub, King C Gillette face wash, Coconut Oil with Argan Oil

Soap & Splash: Lothur Lonny

Razor/Blade: Henson AL13 ++ (Lord Platinum - 8), Leaf (Treet Platinum Saloons)

Bowl: Captains Choice Obsidian

Brush: UKWSS Alpha Group buy with G5D knot

Post: Thayer's with Coconut water, Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming balm

This Lothur set is no joke, anyone thinking about picking up a set I'd say do it - you won't be sorry! Lothur Grooming take a bow fella!PXL_20220908_192042712.jpg

Have you also used a wedge blade With this razor? I’m definitely going to sharpen a wedge and try it out.

Yes. I've got a Heljestrand wedge and a Plum Bristol both in very serviceable condition. My Wilko set was the smaller DeLuxe box, no stropper and still seven day wedge set but I only got four. I've not even looked at renovating them.

Vintage GEM-style blades can make for a very pleasant alternative experience, less raw than modern GEM. Many Corrux blades are serviceable and easy to find. I'm lucky to have a trio of original Damaskeene blades (pre-1930s) all of which just keep going and going with nothing more than a good stropping pre and post shave.

3809BA99-7576-4E87-AA71-C576FC8A1C53.jpeg
SOTD: 08/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Signature Soaps Londinium Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Additional Care: Seaforth Sea Spiced Lime Aftershave Toner

Strong and smooth, the Rockwell is outstanding every time. A truly lovely zesty soap, as always lathered brilliantly and matched well with the Seaforth and TOBS.

ZSQCXjh.png

Friday 09.09.22
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 Reg
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
LATHER: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap
POST: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Aftershave Toner

Fri 9 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
This is really an easy soap to lather. The scent is just special...enhanced by the matching splash...
Despite having a partiality to heavier grinds...I do enjoy a nice full hollow edge and this razor did not disappoint. Super smooth & comfortable after the buffalo leather. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish...
20220909_100541.jpg

Friday

Been away for a few days with work. My shaves have included my new-to-me Gillette red tip with a Nacet blade. Superb, 2 passes and pick ups only. Very similar to my Brit flare tip.
I've used the Thai Gillette Super thins in a tech, which gave me a fairly decent shave too.

This morning's shave beat those hands-down. It had to be themed around Britain!

British, made in England flat bottom Tech, made in Scotland Perma sharp, Signature Britannia made in Bolton (England). Lather whipped up in a made in Wales Giles mug.
[Sorry Northern Ireland I don't have any shaving gear made there].

R.I.P. Your Majesty

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_093140__01.jpg
    IMG_20220909_093140__01.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 19.14.51__01.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 19.14.51__01.png
    503.1 KB · Views: 8
09/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Titan Mild (Pink)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 36 (7).JPG
A very nice shave today, everything working in harmony.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Screenshot_20220909-120458_Chrome.jpg
RIP Ma'am

Back
Top Bottom