SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

Thu 1st SOTD
Soap Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Personna X Series 28th use
Aftershave
Stirling MitA Splash
Fabulous lather, scent, and cooling sensation from this soap! Beautifully whip-up by the nice badger brush...
Incredible shave with this blade...still going strong! Paired with this good razor... it provides 3 crisply smooth passes without issues for a bbs-dfs finish...wow!
20220901_171514.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's wrong! And I have tried many MANY different ones including Longhorn, which he calls shit-horn, and RedSeal is definitely premium stuff. The RS can is also bigger than all the others, they claim it holds 25% more tobacco, and it does last a lot longer. It's made by Copenhagen, which has been around forever and is considered by most to be THE premium chew. That "boy" needs to man-up!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Copenhagen makes RedSeal.

Copenhagen

Copenhagen
, born in 1822, was among the first brands of moist smokeless tobacco on the market, and today remains the most authentic and best-selling premium product in the category, with retail sales exceeding $1 billion per year. It's available in original fine cut and long cut, as well as in Copenhagen Pouches. Copenhagen is also known for freshness, with a “sell by date” stamped on the bottom of every can, and for such distinguishing features as its traditional metal lid and fiberboard can. Like all of our products, Copenhagen is made from 100 percent American-grown tobacco.

Razor = Feather AS -D2
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Bobby Moffat’s 26mm High Mountain Badger
Cream Geo F Trumper Eucris with matching EDT
& Balm
6F726286-FED6-465A-9767-14D67EA2326C.jpegFirst shave back in Norway & a 10/10 for sure.
Absolutely top class.
i don’t usual use the feather if i have 3 days growth but i just thought why not,
Paired with the Silver Blue another blade i haven’t used in a while it was a perfect match.
i can’t see me ever wanting to be without this cream,
for me it’s too drawer.
Onwards & Upwards and as always
Stay Safe

Thursday AM 2022-09-01
The first network TV detective series, 'Private Eyes,' premiered on this date in 1949
hLyddng.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Darwin Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave
fQZQaU3.jpg

Thursday 1st September

AL9nZEWZmXCJO1AmiYVXbqbXjYHDaSvoOZ-1JzuY6fedLC4rmJILVWxg2CVk1WC56rT_tdlp21Yq0BQOP4vl9b78OZjrr4PcnD0ArZnCFe25Pg0v23H7It0uJ_6edqfUd0mREa1FveMLIzIDnlvaVPHhiaUV1A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Kent Kent No 715632 Butterscotch w/Tang Synthetic 23mm
Ever-Ready 1907 & GEM by Personna (4)
Novaya Zarya Chypre Cologne (as Aftershave)

Invigorating!

Huge fun to use this 1903 mouthful of a model Wilkinson Sword Patent Roller Safety Shaver. Designed to eviscerate your face with a wedge blade, the trick to setting a modern blade into place is to pack up the back of the spine with spines from discarded blades to emulate the thicker spine on the wedge blade else you'll be scraping the blade more perpendicular to your face than is comfortable. Just that little tweak makes all the difference.

Invigorating, nevertheless ... even with a GEM blade on its fourth run.

B0D60C33-5F66-49A0-AE1D-BDC122CC70A9.jpeg
SOTD: 01/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Nodachi cap, Masamune SB base.
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: OSP Herb Garden Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I have to confess when I had my Nodachi as it was black I didn’t do a lot of mix and matching with my steel Masamune. This was a terrible mistake based on todays shave. It was just spot on! Not quite as efficient as yesterday but this was a positive for me, it was less blade forward and yet still efficient and incredibly smooth. The weight is still a massive plus for me, I feel I’m still over compensating a little putting a little too much pressure on the razor due to its lightness but the shave is still amazing. It’s like everything that’s amazing about both razors already has just been elevated by the lighter weight. It’s two shaves in and I already know I’d love one of these despite being previously dismissive of the need for a titanium razor.

Great SOTD

Pre: Warm shower with King C Gillette Face & Beard @Ash, then Superdrug Coconut Oil with Argan Oil

Razor: DS Cosmetic D8 (face), Leaf Razor (head)

Blade: Lord Platinum face (5), Treet Platinum Saloons head (5)

Soap & Splash: MSC Vintage Lapidus

Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite

Post: Thayers with Rose, Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming balm (unpictured)

EDT: LapiduPXL_20220901_193015268.jpgs Pour Homme

7Lyuues.png

Friday 09.02.22
PRE: Ogallala Bay Rum Sage And Cedar
RAZOR: Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable @3
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
LATHER: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum Shaving Soap

Last edited:
SOTD 02-Sep
20220830_154901.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Manga'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: Schick TC (2)

Very very smooth shave today, the Schick in this razor was fantastic. The Karve is normally smooth anyway but just seemed fantastically more so today. Love the new C&H, I normally prefer wood handles but there's something about the matte effect that I really like.

Wonderfully smooth and irritation free, until I clock on to work then that's a different story. Hope everyone has a grand day and kick off to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom