SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

WJM = WJ Myatt < the maker
44 = 1944 at a guess as I've also seen 45
CC = Control Centre
11 18 = Codes/Sections

Put together, we think this is an issue/demob razor given the little broad arrow symbol found on most examples ... possibly a hospital razor.

Most that I've seen were all aluminium while yours looks like steel?

... of course we might be way off track with WJM = WJ Myatt because other acronyms have been spotted on razors stamped in the same way:

CC1087 MM&S 44 = Medical Modelling & Security???
CC1118 WDC 45 = Western Defence Command???

... which of course, might be way off the mark and just other manufacturers' initials.
Thanks for that @pjgh very enlightening, mine is all aluminium and could be the the first truly named “featherlight” razor.
I guess by end of WW2 with the USA well into the action, aluminium had become cheaper and more abundant than steel? I doubt that keeping razor weight to a minimum for the soldiers was the objective.

Thanks for that @pjgh very enlightening, mine is all aluminium and could be the the first truly named “featherlight” razor.
I guess by end of WW2 with the USA well into the action, aluminium had become cheaper and more abundant than steel? I doubt that keeping razor weight to a minimum for the soldiers was the objective.
Very lightweight!

Here's one that I kept ...

AL9nZEXsDidIkKWURkErN8TGC51y9yt1DNKbqEnbyXvF2ldulyNkFYs60Dg-F4H8vvC_4DIsSv09WCzPXW4TLvIot3l3Xotxk8JyiSzAW3NHQDFCjKo80Z4IMMJ_tjeC7dArEOShHW5qoo2A9kQLZs-iVm_JEw=w1200

AL9nZEVR_7HRFjbqzXJFRcRneqYq7XIbU2omEjRAqdGr0hJ672ccJPwBulp0J5ynVNkMNgn-tZ2Xe5tkN8sS3lEqpY-ayzp3gVB5oUkXHym7eVvEJgOsWlh5zGd1DXzQ3nRSs2we84ANJyKLbtj9puGtB6Pbbw=w1200

SOTD: 29/08/2022

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb Slant
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Croap
Aftershave: Signature Soaps Novus Spice Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Music Courtesy Of The Beach Boys Greatest Hits
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

I've always struggled with the Fatip and it often tips over in to being a tad too aggressive for me and my baby sensitive boat race.

Today I had the idea of using it with one of my top performing and slickest soaps. As Jeremy Clarkson would say "My genius knows no bounds", I was looking for a much better result and could yet breathe life into other razors (Yes Colonial General and Gillette Red Tip I'm looking at you, you could get parole from the dusty shelf of shame).

Well, just like Clarkson, my genius came back to bite me. I had more weepers than a Sicilian Mafia bosses funeral. Even the mostly ignored alum block was brought out of retirement and in to play. In the end it was a very close shave but I don't think I am prepared to go through the bloodletting to get there. An hour later and my neck is still stinging, time for more balm.

View attachment 92590
@shiny Mark, Head on over to Connaught's - they have 25% off Fatip razors this month. A good time to buy the Gentile variant.

Sunday 4th September

Soap • D.R Harris Lavender Stick
Brush • Yaqi Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Razor • DS Cosmetics T7
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • None
Fragrance • Creed Bois Du Portugal EdP

For a mild razor, the Ds T7 gets the job done very nicely. No doubt a fresh GSB made a good pairing.
I find when I use D.R Harris soap, I don't need to use an aftershave.
Finished with a liberal spaying of Bois Du Portugal.

It was a rainy start to our first morning in Scotland (God's own country, as ordained by @Digimonkey )
I'm pleased to report that the sun has now got his hat on in South Ayrshire.
Lorne Sausage and Haggis Slice bread roll went down a treat.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend, especially the birthday boys!

P

Back
Top Bottom