SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

Travel shave set up used for much of this week:

Falkland's Issue Tech with a Treet Platinum blade. I'd rate this blade similar to a Gillette Perma-sharp. Have had cracking shaves with it for much of the week.

LEA works, lathers up and helps with giving a nice shave. The splash isn't too persistent, but my face has been feeling good all week.

Different blades tomorrow though, now I'm home for a few days.
I’m incredibly jealous of the razor, right up my street being ex-army. By the time I joined (only 5 years after the Falklands) they stopped issuing razors. Or maybe it was because I joined as a junior and the adults still got them issued.

I’m incredibly jealous of the razor, right up my street being ex-army. By the time I joined (only 5 years after the Falklands) they stopped issuing razors. Or maybe it was because I joined as a junior and the adults still got them issued.
I joined in '85 and didn't get anything issued either - like you was a junior and couldn't understand why they actually made me shave, I don't even think I had proper bum-fluff!! :D. This came from Razor Emporium in the USA, revamped and with a made-up/copied case. My father in law tells me that they only got issued razors when they went on Op tours and they didn't have a NAAFI or EFI to sell them stuff! He got issued one when he got sent to Cyprus, but as he ditched most of his kit (or it disappeared) when he got flown back for the birth of Mrs D he doesn't have it. Nowadays, you can just grow a beard so it doesn't matter!

I joined in '85 and didn't get anything issued either - like you was a junior and couldn't understand why they actually made me shave, I don't even think I had proper bum-fluff!! :D. This came from Razor Emporium in the USA, revamped and with a made-up/copied case. My father in law tells me that they only got issued razors when they went on Op tours and they didn't have a NAAFI or EFI to sell them stuff! He got issued one when he got sent to Cyprus, but as he ditched most of his kit (or it disappeared) when he got flown back for the birth of Mrs D he doesn't have it. Nowadays, you can just grow a beard so it doesn't matter!

Unfortunately the Razor Emporium "Military issue" kit's are completely fake. The razor may be from the correct era, but the rest is new manufacture, the case is from China.

Included with your WWI replica case is a shave mirror and pack of ready to use Gillette blades. You can't go wrong with this awesome traveler and thoughtful gift!

Country of Manufacture: China
Type: Double Edge Razor Head
Finish: Factory Nickel
Date: n/a
Condition: Cleaned, Sanitized and Shave Ready
Grade: Revamped
Imperfections: teeth are straight, slight bends that do no effect shave may be present
Included: Razor, Case, Gillette Blades, Mirror

Included with your WWI replica case is a shave mirror and pack of ready to use Gillette blades. You can't go wrong with this awesome traveler and thoughtful gift!

Country of Manufacture: China
Type: Double Edge Razor Head
Finish: Factory Nickel
Date: n/a
Condition: Cleaned, Sanitized and Shave Ready
Grade: Revamped
Imperfections: teeth are straight, slight bends that do no effect shave may be present
Included: Razor, Case, Gillette Blades, Mirror
Yeah, I knew the razor was correct era and that it was a copied case - I expect the WW2 and FI case is the same identical article. It does keep everything neatly packaged though. I can't find the FI one on their site anymore, but from what I remember from when I looked at them initially, Gillette sent them as a job lot for all soldiers, what wasn't used was sent back to the US and then RE bought some as a job lot years later, and revamped them. I haven't had any issues with the razors I've bought from them.

Friday AM 2022-09-02
The Great Fire of London started on this date in 1666
hzKr1dy.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm Diamondback 2020/UFO Common Bar
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Dana English Leather aftershave (vintage)
HklyQ9W.jpg

Last edited:
From the Tasman Sea to the South Pacific and now the South China Sea, all within a month...what a sight!!
Fri 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Gillette Winner 1st
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Splash
The heavenly aromatic scent, a rich creamy, and very slick lather from the soap...further enhanced by the matching splash...nice! Excellent shave with the razor & blade combination. So easy and smooth for a bbs finish.
View attachment 92820
LOVE that scenic photo !!!

Last edited:
9C58E027-516C-44D2-AF35-E8AAB1FF4880.jpeg
SOTD: 02/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Nodachi base Masamune cap
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA High Jump 47 Puck
Aftershave: PAA High Jump 47 Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Todays combination felt like quite the drop in efficiency, still buttery smooth but significantly less efficient. The end result was still a DFS just missing out on a BBS finish. On to my full Masamune tomorrow which is what I have and use normally, in the steel version. The weight is really making a bigger difference than I expected.

Sat 3 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Bluebird Platinum 1st
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre Splash
Truly an awesome grand-smelling soap further enhanced by the excellent matching splash which sure can last. The lather was terrific as well...rich creamy and slick, whip up by the excellent brush...
Good easy-to-use razor and blade combination resulted in 3 smooth comfortable and efficient shaves for a bbs finish but also a weeper on the chin...dang!
20220903_085501.jpg

Travel shave set up used for much of this week:

Falkland's Issue Tech with a Treet Platinum blade. I'd rate this blade similar to a Gillette Perma-sharp. Have had cracking shaves with it for much of the week.

LEA works, lathers up and helps with giving a nice shave. The splash isn't too persistent, but my face has been feeling good all week.

Different blades tomorrow though, now I'm home for a few days.
I picked up this WD razor recently, all aluminium, I guess 44 relates to 1944, weighs nothing but shaves well. Can anyone can throw light on the stamp code?
have a great weekend fellas,

CC. 1118 . WJM / 44

image.jpg

Last edited:

WJM = WJ Myatt < the maker
44 = 1944 at a guess as I've also seen 45 ... and 43 has been allegedly spotted
CC = Control Centre
11 18 = Codes/Sections

Put together, we think this is an issue/demob razor given the little broad arrow symbol found on most examples ... possibly a hospital razor.

Most that I've seen were all aluminium while yours looks like steel?

... of course we might be way off track with WJM = WJ Myatt because other acronyms have been spotted on razors stamped in the same way:

CC1087 MM&S 44 = Medical Modelling & Simulation??? ... more of an Americanism (mooted by a chap from the US)
CC1118 WDC 45 = Western Defense Command??? ... again, an Americanism mooted by a chap from the US

... which of course, might be way off the mark and just other manufacturers' initials.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom