SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

SOTD: 02/09/2022

Razor: 1940's GEM G Bar
Blade: Gem By Personna SS, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Tabac Puck
Aftershave: Tabac EDT
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Rat Pack
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Just a mix and match today, good shave though. I don't use the Tabac hard soap often enough, I forget how good it is. It must be 8 years old and has completely lost its scent but still works like a champ. I even found a cool dish to put it in with what appears to be a photo on the lid of the last real life forum meet-up.

CD94F840-34F9-451B-A233-530CEDB33D6B.jpeg

Thur 1st September

The Grosvenor 404 mixed
La Toja stick
Schick E2 - Canada
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 1 )
La Toja A/S Lotion

The move from AC/SE Shaves to one with an Injector was so easy with this E2. It is in such condition that it Shaves so smoothly and comfortably, and with a Dutch blade fitted the finish quality is up there with the best.

10A32681-BEFD-488E-8593-F5E4AC5D9C68.jpeg

Friday 2nd September
Ever Ready NA Featherweight - Gem Stainless Coated #2 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Cien X-Bolt AS - Aloe Vera Gel
H54OrMc.jpg

2 September

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Simpson Duke 3
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

E4DB8DD4-B167-4A8C-A7ED-458F9F4CFC09.jpeg
A really impressive shave this morning. The Rex at a setting of just about 2.75 still gave a smooth shave with the Treet blade, still had blade feel, and still gave a close finish in two passes. The lather was excellent too. Bart’s Ben Kilbreck is without a doubt my favourite scent in his balms.

Thursday 1st September

Cream • Fitjar Islands - Havn
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai CT Protouch MG (6)
Post • Myrsol Agua De Limon Aftershave

This small pot of Havn cream was gifted to me a few years ago by @Digimonkey
I had previously only used it once, and it's use by date label reads 2019. Well, as we know, use by dates on shave soaps & creams don't mean much, do they? It lathered like a champ with only a small amount of product - way too much creamy lather for my needs.
It's scent profile is Cedar & Blooming Heather, who knew? I couldn't tell the difference, so finished with Myrsol Limon (which I tend to use sparingly, as it is no longer available here in the UK).

02/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Blackland Sabre L1
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 35 (6).JPG
Always a pleasure to use the Sabre, Lots of creamy Lather from the Alpha and Signature Hibernia giving a wonderful, smooth and efficient shave this fine morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Friday SEptember 2, 2022
Razor: Vector w/Gem Micromatic Handle
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: STAR/Boar
Soap: Stirling Deton-8
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Stirling Deton-8
Fragrance: Viktor and Rolf Spicebomb
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,396

Shout out to Eric (MaineYooper) for following thru and setting up the acquiring of a Gem Micromatic handle from a broken razor. I have wanted one of these for a little bit but never followed thru with the member on another forum that makes them. Now I have it and decided to hook it up with the Vector for it's first outing but they look better on the older vintage razors to me and will be using it there mostly. How's that for my typical run-on sentences. :ROFLMAO: Have a great day Folks !
IMG_20220902_062003353.jpg

From the Tasman Sea to the South Pacific and now the South China Sea, all within a month...what a sight!!
Fri 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Gillette Winner 1st
Aftershave Stirling Haverford Splash
The heavenly aromatic scent, a rich creamy, and very slick lather from the soap...further enhanced by the matching splash...nice! Excellent shave with the razor & blade combination. So easy and smooth for a bbs finish.
20220902_200735.jpg

Travel shave set up used for much of this week:

Falkland's Issue Tech with a Treet Platinum blade. I'd rate this blade similar to a Gillette Perma-sharp. Have had cracking shaves with it for much of the week.

LEA works, lathers up and helps with giving a nice shave. The splash isn't too persistent, but my face has been feeling good all week.

Different blades tomorrow though, now I'm home for a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20220831_174839__01.jpg
    IMG_20220831_174839__01.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 14
Razor blade: Treet Platinum.
Razor : Rockwell 6S plate R4
Brush: Semogue Hd badger
Soap: Speick travel shaving stick
Prep; face washed in warm water from tap.
AS ; M & S Homme
Great shave! New blade and soap . Me like the Treet blade; me like alot. I meant to say ( grammatical pisspronunciation) that was top notch.

Back
Top Bottom