SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

SOTD : 27th August 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Omega 48.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade : Feather Hi Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s.(Settings) Face & Head: 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./Blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.) (Adjustable DE razor focus Week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....To finish the last week of the month off i'll be using my adjustable DE razors paired together with the Feather Hi Stainless.....Starting off with the very efficient Ming Shi 2000s..This razor alone has helped to improved my technique and shaving confidence multitude i never thought in a million years i would use such an efficient razor for a head shave...Practicing my technique has gave me the shaving confidence to do so.

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it gets top marks for it's performance scent, protection, slickness & post shave...Superb stuff!

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt220827fdi00.jpg

- Fitjar Slatteroy
- Omega EVO Duca Marble
- Mühle CC with Haryali handle and Sputnik blade
- Proraso blue aftershave balm

:)

Saturday 27th August

Omega 10098 Boar - Culmak - PAL Injecto-Matic/Personna - Denim Musk AS

Not a perfect shave today. as it was the first time using this model. The little curl at the end of the handle caused a little problem resulting in a couple of 'weepers'. Just unfamiliarity so I am sure I will have sorted that out by the end of the week. Practise makes perfect!
Apart from the minimal blood loss....an excellent shave in 3 passes

SOTD: 27/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 3rd use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Boar and Fat, classic combination, you can't go wrong. A quick, slick and voluminous lather (It should be, I'm less than a mile from the Mitchell's factory so have the perfect water for it). Nice easy shave with both mine and the wife's favourite splash (smell) afterwards. Zero irritation and one small nick that was the drivers fault for getting too enthusiastic.

DE950613-4952-43AF-940B-68D842043E1C.jpeg

Sotd 27/08
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: talent soap factory frenchy
Splash: talent soap factory frenchy
Alum bloc
Balm: arko unscented
Brush: PAA starcraft
Bowl: wet the face
Razor: karve stainless OC-D
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use

Morning folks had a great shave this morning and some new gear to use went for a 3 pass shave as usual and a weeks growth.

Scent notes: Vanilla liqueur and oakwood
Yeah its a nice scent not a strong scent but nice I get the vanilla liqueur and I think I get a slight woody scent in the background also the soap lathers very well and was nice and dense also a nice scent on the splash.
Also went with karve and paired with a nacet a brilliant combo and a new brush from paa starcraft felt good in the hand
Have a good one
20220827_073218.jpg20220827_073229.jpg20220827_073619.jpg20220827_073635.jpg20220827_075057.jpg

IMG_20220826_092336_1.jpg
SOTD 27 August 2022

Razor - Tedalus - Essence
Blade - Feather - Pro Super
Soap - OSP Tester sample
Brush - C&H 26mm Silvertip
Post -Thayers astringent
Frag - Minotaure - Paloma Picasso

I've been using this Razor for a few days now and have been having some very good shaves.
To get a comparison between this razor and my Feather AC DX I loaded with the Pro Super blade and as far as the shaves go there is no real difference but the Essence wins hands down for being a real looker! :)

Have yourselves a great day chaps.

Paul.

SOTD 27-Aug
20220827_092833.jpg
Brush: Alpha UKWSS G5D
Soap: SW Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Blackland Era SB (5)
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Decent shave this morning, though the G5D knot annoyed me a bit. It ended up like a 90's foam party, bloomin lather went everywhere, clean up was atrocious. Don't get me wrong nice face feel and developed brilliant lather, but there's a bit too much spring.

Either which way nice smooth finish and ready to get motoring through my list of jobs (back holidays have their ups and downs lol).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SMN Pre/Post Cream
SMN Shave Cream
Neep extra dense badger
Timeless .95SB dimpled handle
Gillette Lab Blue #4
SMN Toscanna AS

Superb shave this morning using the Santa Maria Novella products, switched the blade into the safety bar head and heavier stainless steel handle producing a marvellous result finished off with a splash of the aftershave which feels good although the scent doesn’t last long.

Back
Top Bottom