SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

27/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo Silvertip
Soap - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Razor - Blackland Blackbird Brass
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Machrie
A/S - Arran soap Co. Machrie
Wk 35 (1).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Saturday SotD Wash with La Toja Magno. Gillette Slim on #5. Final run for GSB (#4). Finished off the Extro Arancia Italiana with my Phantom Aerolite, which whipped up an insane lather in my just-delivered Lickimat Wobble dog bowl, which I bought having seen @shiny with one. I have been toying with the other collapsible ones but the nubs seemed to be too big. This one seems perfect with little dots. Cheers for the tip Mr Shiny.
I'll probably finish off with some Brut spray bought on impulse.

20220827_123434.jpg

Saturday morning time to try my new acquisition, a 1930s Myatt Minor, got it on the bay £15, in amazing condition, even the cardboard box. As the type of blade used by the MM had non circular locating pin holes the modern DE blade wouldn’t fit. Myatt, a British company had been around from late 19 century but the power and growth of the likes of Gillette I guess soon caused Myatt’s demise. Hence the clear lack of use given to my one.
Chrome handle looks reminiscent of Ever Ready, the cap looks to be polished stainless, the base plate is bakerlite. Overall it’s really well made.
I fettled a (previously used) Wilkinson Sword blade and prepared to shave, Apothecary 87 lathered up with no make badger, I love the smell of that cream, thanks @LeeMaz for introducing me to it.
I always have some trepidation when using a vintage razor for the first time. However after a few strokes to get the feel I realised I had started with too much pressure and realised quickly that this baby requires a light touch to let the razor do the work. WTG ATG and final polish with my old Colibri two blade cartridge.
Great result, enjoy the weekend fellas!

F89B6F4F-011A-43C1-9B6B-8759B8B0575A.jpeg

EE2E92B4-29E9-4CD3-935D-42C1B2487C93.jpeg

27 August

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Yaqi Dandelion
Karve Christopher Bradley
Kai Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

D73F06EB-F3C2-432F-B3EB-281A41DF755A.jpeg
Too early this morning, led to a post in wrong week. Amazing how I managed to shave with my eyes shut. Still, as I have already said the Karve was equipped with it’s original top cap today. I was using the wide body top cap and finding it left trails of lather across my face as it filled up with lather, the original cap did not do this, but instead I do have to be more careful when removing the blade. The lather was glorious and plentiful today the PAA CK-6 formula is certainly top draw.

Sat 27th August

Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana
Occams Enoch
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 7 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Regret that I have for some unknown reason not used The Enoch in my recent AC/SE rotations.Need to remedy that as it Shaves so smoothly and comfortably, and delivers a quality finish.

3922D593-1147-46CD-91ED-E32F68F21D09.jpeg

A very early morning shave which could have beaten Mr Fox and his super punctuality for managing the first entry. Except I couldn't be bothered. A late call for an early hours requirement to give someone a pull from behind. Bugger. But still managed a quick few strokes first.

So back to bed and a shave themed, 'Good day and goodnight'

20220826_192658.jpg

Goodnight - Stainless Mongoose
Bon nuit - Schick Proline
Buenas noches - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Dobranoc - Penhaligons Bayolea
Sod this. I'm off to bed - Simple moisturiser

From Magic Roundabout to Merry go round from a long time since last played band. Yes they are Japanese and yes the female vocalist is likewise.

Oh, and an absolutely smashing shave

Have wonderful weekends and I do love you all

SOTD: Gillette Rocket, Personna Super Stainless, Wickham Soap Co 1912 Apricus Soap and Balm, Strike Gold Shave POTUS 24mm Manchuria, Dior Eau Sauvage

MAR-0084.jpg

Saturday morning time to try my new acquisition, a 1930s Myatt Minor, got it on the bay £15, in amazing condition, even the cardboard box. As the type of blade used by the MM had non circular locating pin holes the modern DE blade wouldn’t fit. Myatt, a British company had been around from late 19 century but the power and growth of the likes of Gillette I guess soon caused Myatt’s demise. Hence the clear lack of use given to my one.
Chrome handle looks reminiscent of Ever Ready, the cap looks to be polished stainless, the base plate is bakerlite. Overall it’s really well made.
I fettled a (previously used) Wilkinson Sword blade and prepared to shave, Apothecary 87 lathered up with no make badger, I love the smell of that cream, thanks @LeeMaz for introducing me to it.
I always have some trepidation when using a vintage razor for the first time. However after a few strokes to get the feel I realised I had started with too much pressure and realised quickly that this baby requires a light touch to let the razor do the work. WTG ATG and final polish with my old Colibri two blade cartridge.
Great result, enjoy the weekend fellas!

View attachment 92493

View attachment 92495
They are a great brand/barber based in Doncaster I believe and I love their hair products, their pomades and creams are superb, I wish they did their vanilla and mango scent in a shaving form and their lock stock and smoking barrels which is exactly what you’d imagine it smells like.

eiAz1G8.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Asinerie de la Vioune Lainess Elixir Shaving Soap
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Plus (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Tasmanian Huon Pine Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

Superb soap.

Saturday SotD Wash with La Toja Magno. Gillette Slim on #5. Final run for GSB (#4). Finished off the Extro Arancia Italiana with my Phantom Aerolite, which whipped up an insane lather in my just-delivered Lickimat Wobble dog bowl, which I bought having seen @shiny with one. I have been toying with the other collapsible ones but the nubs seemed to be too big. This one seems perfect with little dots. Cheers for the tip Mr Shiny.
I'll probably finish off with some Brut spray bought on impulse.

View attachment 92492
It’s like cheating using the bowl for lathering. I love mine.

Saturday

HD 500 paired with a Minora purely because I had put a tuck of them in the case.

Bit of sandalwood, but mostly bergamot is what I get from the Valentina. I do like it though, as with all of the Signature ones I have.

A reasonable DFS in the end, but feel I need to put a bit more pressure on with this than some of my others.

Have a good day

Attachments

• IMG_20220826_202622__01.jpg
    IMG_20220826_202622__01.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom