SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

Wednesday AM 2022-08-31
National Eat Outside Day
n5Slilo.jpg

Rooney Beehive Faux Ivory Finest (24/50)
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi shaving soap
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Personna 74 Tungsten (5)
Maurer & Wirtz 4711 aftershave
IYi8lFL.jpg

I just had to Google your dip, Toby

What do you make of this young man's review?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He's wrong! And I have tried many MANY different ones including Longhorn, which he calls shit-horn, and RedSeal is definitely premium stuff. The RS can is also bigger than all the others, they claim it holds 25% more tobacco, and it does last a lot longer. It's made by Copenhagen, which has been around forever and is considered by most to be THE premium chew. That "boy" needs to man-up!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1A09A3DD-61B9-4FE7-BAD9-478A34BCCE53.jpeg
SOTD: 31/08/2022

Razor: Tatara Titanium Nodachi
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day 1 on the passaround and I’ve decided to go solid bar Nodachi down, followed by open comb down. Having previously had a Nodachi it’s fair to say although I enjoyed the shave I just found it a little too much for day to day use. The titanium version was by comparison from memory much better, and this is I’m guessing solely down to the weight. Though it’s still probably too much for me day to day it gave me a buttery smooth finish with ease. The lack of weight helped immensely, making it feel even more manoeuvrable than the steel version yet the lack of weight/pressure created on the head gave a slightly milder shave than the steel version. It’s incredibly efficient, and the feel and finish as with all Tatara razors is second to none. I’m not sure what else to add, I was sceptical about titanium razors benefits but this is a happy medium for me between the steel and an aluminium razor which I often find too light. However good it is it would be too much for my skin as a daily shaver but if I were to get to a point I shave every other day I’d use this happily everyday!

SOTD : 1st September 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca root & Aloe shaving cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick ups

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful performance from the Parker Variant/Feather Hi Stainless duo to finish my shaving week, and to start September off on a high note.

Without sounding as though I'm repeating myself i have a great fondness for all my parker razors, but the Variant is my favourite not because of it's cost ,no for the simple reason, that this solidly made versatile adjustable razor has gave me consistently irritation-free silky smooth shaves with every shave I've had with it.

My appreciation for the efficient Feather Hi Stainless has grown immensely.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

SOTD : 1st September 2022.

View attachment 92733

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca root & Aloe shaving cream.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick ups

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful performance from the Parker Variant/Feather Hi Stainless duo to finish my shaving week, and to start September off on a high note.

Without sounding as though I'm repeating myself i have a great fondness for all my parker razors, but the Variant is my favourite not because it's cost ,no for the simple reason, that this solidly made versatile adjustable razor has gave me consistently irritation-free silky smooth shaves with every shave I've had with it.

My appreciation for the efficient Feather Hi Stainless has grown immensely.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

You carry on Barry
Your descriptions of how razors perform/feel are always informative
+1 for Maca Root shave cream- it's hard to beat, especially at such a reasonable price

Back
Top Bottom