SOTD : Saturday 27 August - Friday 2 September 2022.

Forgot to take a SotD pic so here's my brush of the day pic repeated.
What a great shave today. As below, I used a failsafe combo of Phantom Aerolite, Signature Soap Coria and the Lickimat dog bowl. I'm just revisiting bowl lathering for the occasional shave and these are spot on. Ridiculous amount of lather in no time.

I used the Pearl Flexi on #2 and Personna Platinum (2)

The Flexi is quite blade feely even at the low end of the adjustment but it delivered a real face feeler this morning. Can't keep my hand off my chin this morning haha! Finished with Gothic Revival splash and balm for a GReat result.
20220831_085622.jpg

31/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Razor - Karve Copper C
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 35 (5).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Wednesday 31st August
Ever Ready NA Featherweight - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Palmolive Stick - VIG Shaving Purtech - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
c3wQzJQ.jpg

Forgot to say I had a lucky accident. The wobble bowl fell off the side of the sink into the sink and water sloshed in to it. This is why I am not allowed nice things. Anyroadup, apart from it floating (brilliant design) I just carried carried on and used the very wet lather. Maybe I have been under hydrating my lather all these years. Food for thought.
Slightly sloppy works best for me.

Wednesday 31st August

A Tale of Two Shaves

Shave 1

Leaf loaded with 3 x London Bridge
Somerset's Shave Oil

1 pass WTG

I awakened 40 minutes before an ear care appointment at a hospital 20 min drive away. The emergency single pass was socially acceptable and I arrived on time!

Shave 2

Back home and I just couldn't leave it as was.

Pear's Soap as a pre
Zenith 506N 50/50 Horse
La Toja Stick
PAL Injecto Matic/Personna #5
Witch Hazel and Aloevera
La Toja AS

XTG and ATG for a great result....although the blade felt a little rougher than normal. It has been binned and it will be a fresh start tomorrow.

31 August

Martin de Candre Original
Plisson synthetic
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Village Barber balm

F0CD90EE-52B3-4119-BD24-1F4403B96B28.jpeg
Another fine shave with the Rockwell. It’s not pretty, but, it certainly works well. Good shaves and no damage. The Martin de Candre is many years old and still works brilliantly and the scent is still present too.

1veGT22.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Sandalwood
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Sandalwood EDC

Slightly sloppy works best for me.
This was beyond slightly sloppy, it was running down my arm when putting it on my face. Apart from how I had it I would say knocking the bowl in to the sink added a couple of tablespoons of water to the mix. Still did the job though. If i can get it past my normal consistency then its certainly the way ahead.

Forgot to take a SotD pic so here's my brush of the day pic repeated.
What a great shave today. As below, I used a failsafe combo of Phantom Aerolite, Signature Soap Coria and the Lickimat dog bowl. I'm just revisiting bowl lathering for the occasional shave and these are spot on. Ridiculous amount of lather in no time.

I used the Pearl Flexi on #2 and Personna Platinum (2)

The Flexi is quite blade feely even at the low end of the adjustment but it delivered a real face feeler this morning. Can't keep my hand off my chin this morning haha! Finished with Gothic Revival splash and balm for a GReat result.
View attachment 92683
Lovely lather in the style of @chard52142

Back
Top Bottom