SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

Wednesday 29th January
Alpha T400 - Art of Shaving Kingsman cream - General Steel - Schick Proline P #7 - Dior Fahrenheit A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
mOCIaDr.jpg

29/01/2020
Williams Wednesday
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Neroli & Orange Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender Balm & Lotion
A/S: Williams Aqua Velva Formula #1

Wk5  (5).JPG
A very nice Williams Wednesday.
A pretty good lather and 3 passes for a BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine which included my go to Barts balm finishing with the Aqua Velva Formula 1
Enjoy your day All.

Sotd-29-1-20.jpg

Sotd - 29/1/20

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (4)
blade - Super Max Platinum (8!)
soap - P&B - Solaris - tallow
brush - Simpsons P8 Phyl - best
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - The Golden Hand
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

Result - if you are thinking - that is an eclectic choice of kit - I'd agree with you - this was my shave last night - but apart from the razor and scent - I didn't select any of it myself. My mate did - caveat one - he's an experienced wet shaver - and two - he had been drinking McEwan's Champion ale - which if you are not familiar with it - is not a beer for girls - a beer with a message - leave well alone. It really ought to be a controlled substance. I was dithering about what to use so - interesting experiment - off he went to the den. It was a great shave - all the products are tried and tested in my experience - although - it had never occurred to me to put them together in this way before. The peppermint/lemon/rosewood of the soap into Quorum aftershave - which as I'm sure you know - is lavender - with a capital LAVENDER. Fair enough - I'm open to new scent experiences. The balm choice - I think - was simple favouritism - his partner is Dutch - in fairness - I find it an excellent post for winter - it costs buttons. So - a top-end - if odd shave - all the right products - just not necessarily in the right order. Ha ha. Enjoy yours - cheers - I.

Date:- 30 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Back
Top Bottom