SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

SOTD : 30th January 2020.

t.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Arko + Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (2)

Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Turkish Lemon Eau De Cologne Spray.

Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another very eclectic variety of shaving assortments,which all worked wonderfully together.

Throughout the week i've used shaving items that have been gifted & passed on to me by workmates & friends, finishing off with the Baili BD 191,of which i originally bought to build a introduction starter kit for a workmate who was curious to try out traditional wet shaving anyway but like alot of people he expected too much,too soon and reverted back to using the disposable/cartridge razors again..So he returned the Baili BD 191 razor & other shaving items thanking me, saying it wasn't for him...Each their own choice.

My only minor crit with the Baili BD191 is the handle is slippery when wet, but i rub my fingertips with a alum block which give a better grip when shaving with it.

Like the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Kanzy K100 razors, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design" which gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving, which i like very much about all three razors.

The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'top heavy' which for my personal preference is a bonus for me as the weight of the razor does all the work with no pressure needed to be added when shaving.A good razor,apart from the slippery handle.

All of my shaves this week with the Chinese clone type razors have been excellent,..Especially the Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO which has totally amazed me how good of razor it is with the right blade choice,which i've found out is the Gillette Nacet Stainless,another amazingly good de blade.

I intend to use both razor & blade for a full week in my up & coming SOTD's soon..It just goes to show you can get socially acceptable shaves with inexpensive shaving equipment,good technique & shaving confidence.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
30/01/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 "Shovel-head"
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Tonyschin's Neroli & Orange Astringent
Balm: Tonyschin's Neroli & Orange Argan Oil Lotion / Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm
Aftershave: OSP Neroli

Wk5  (6).JPG

Simply Wonderful.
A great lather mixed up with the Yaqi Synth and the OSP, this little 24mm knot punches well above its weight, working really well either in the bowl or on the face, it has just enough scritch for me.
2 passes & a Search and Destroy pass to clean up - no pressure required.
A great audio soundtrack from this razor especially ATG. I had a massive smile on my face during the shave.
Feeling and smelling really good after a very nice post shave routine.
Enjoy your day All.

Thur 30th Jan.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Citra Royale
Occam-Hiram,Plate No3
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotiion

Looks like this impulse buy was a good one. Having overcome the problem of a bad plate, I have had some good Shaves on the standard No2 plate.
I have now had 5 consecutive Shaves on a No3 plate, they have all been trouble free and apart from one rushed Shave they all had an all round Top Notch finish.The handle makes the razor a joy to use, and works so well when clearing the jawline and neck.In fact the best Razor I have used in this particular area.

IMG_0477.jpg

Last edited:
CD1321E4-0ECB-4D76-8CFE-0B39A6E179A4.jpegD901F278-C94C-4770-8605-3E499BA66A2F.jpeg94DA22F8-03FE-49B7-A05C-79EA28CA99C8.jpeg

SOTD 01/30/20
Apologies for not posting yesterday's shave, but old man issues intervened, and I instead ended up with a long ride on my back to UPenn Emergency. After a day of being poked, prodded, chided about cigars, single malt scotch, eating habits, and whatever else the children in white coats felt I needed a lecture about, I'm back! Since it was late when they finally gave up and released me, I spent the night in my 51st floor condo perch with its great view. I've included a night and morning shot with the shave pic.

I woke up to a beautiful, sunny day for my shave, and one of my favorite razors kindly brought to me by SWMBO. My Colonial Silversmith delivered its usual masterpiece shave. This razor is simply incredible! Equipped with a Feather or in this case a Wizamet Super Iridium blade, has no peer in whisker reductions in my collection. Mike's Hungarian Lavender provided a thick, protective cushion for what felt like an empty razor until a quick check with my right hand confirmed its inaudible, highly efficient sweeping away of my whiskers. The result was a two pass (WTG, ATG) BBS of both my healed dome and face.
I feel coool, smoooth, clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Colonial Silversmith
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
SOAP: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Thursday AM 2020-01-30

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Eufros Tobacco shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (3)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
zF8JvTz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom