SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

SOTD : 25th January 2020.

q.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Soap : Pinaud Clubman.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (1)

Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Mario Falcone EDT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Since i've entered the wonderful world of tradtional wet shaving i have acquired quite a variety of shaving soft & hardware etc, anyway a small majority of it has been kindly 'gifted & passed on to me by family,friends & workmates .So to show my appreciation to them for my SOTD's this week i'll be using some of them.Starting with the Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO which i haven't used for a while since it was passed on to me. The chinese super-speed clone has a good weight & balance to it and paired up very nicely with the gillette nacet resulting in a 3 pass + pick ups amazingly good bbs shave with no errors to report."WOW"..'what a shave!!'.The razor & blade performed with smooth sharp efficiency.

Without stating the obvious "the razor doesn't give the shave"the razor itself is just a 'Blade holder',I'm starting to think that a winning formula to good shaving results is a razor that is comfortable to use,a good sharp blade 'that is suited to my skin type, good preparation, good technique & shaving confidence. I intend to add both this razor & blade duo more regular to my SOTD set ups.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous squirts of Mario Falcone edt to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt200125pgj6h.jpg

- MacDuff's Soap Co. Kananaskis Explorer
- MÜHLE Kosmo Finest Badger
- Mamba 70 with Sputnik blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

Date:- 25 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural Soaps ~ Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Saturday

Vitos Vegetale soap
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Slim Adjustable (6)
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso Sandalwood

My first use of the Vegetale soap (gifted to me by my good friend @StrummerShave) and excellent it is. Slightly softer than Cella (with which it shares that classic Italian almond/marzipan fragrance base) and with a great latherability, cushion and glide. It's also nice and slick.

I hadn't used the Slim for a wee while, and it paired well with the GSB. In fact, all components harmonised perfectly this morning.

12F0C1A2-AB32-4BF1-9C2C-982D3714B25F.jpeg

Sat 25th Jan.

The Grosvenor [ 404- mixed ]
TBG soap-unscented
Occams -Oren, Plate No3
Feather Proguard [ 8 ]
TBG Sixth Sense A/S Lotion

Stuck with my original Occams Razor, The Oren. Have shaved quite a lot with this , and always get top quality Shaves. Even with the blade on its 8th outing the quality of the finished Shave is very good.

IMG_0468.jpg

25/01/2020
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: JR 291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Neroli & Orange Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S: Copycat Executive

Wk5  (1).JPG

Not giving up, i chose another tuck of Polsilvers from the card to try them again.
Loaded up the Rex and proceeded to whip up a great slick lather with the MWF and the JR #291 Synth, this brush has a great backbone, the strongest of my brushes, it really picks up the soap and feels good on the face.
The 1st couple of strokes told me this blade was different from the last ones i tried, much smoother - Yeah!!
I completed 3 passes and was rewarded with a BBS finish.
I finished off with a very nice post shave routine.
Feeling and smelling good and much happier with the Polsilver, Hopefully only the first tuck was a duffer, i will try one in the Karve soon.
Have a Great day All

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom