SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

Nothing fancy today just good all around. Proraso Red SC with the Blackstone Sandalwood balm make quite the combo. As I prefer balms in the winter I don't mind not having the Proraso AS splash to match. This balm is quite good if you ever get the chance to pick one up and isn't too potent a sandalwood.

Razor today the venerable Gillette Aristocrat (Jr) from a No. 58 set. This particular one marked with the “II” on the underside of the tray. It shaves just that bit better than the Rocket HD 500 but both are quite good. Loaded up with the Personna Platinum used in the Rocket.

Lovely two pass shave and smooth as can be. The A'crat and Rocket HD weigh about the same and both shave very well just the 58 edges out the Rocket in the looks category!

Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior 1956-58
Blade: Personna Platinum
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L
Lather: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Blackstone Sandalwood - Post Shave Balm
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Santal Royal
3356B696-B9AB-4C80-9E4E-02E7225173AA.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2020-01-28

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Hemingway Accoutrements shaving cream
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/Stork Advoco Titanium
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (1)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave
5rmbbzr.jpg

3F727E36-505C-4497-9F0C-66137C608DCE.jpeg

SOTD 01/28/20

Sorry for the delay in posting, but today is my son's 45th birthday, and there were many last minute logistical issues to resolve. All done! Now since this was to be my first head shave in several days, I fell back on my adjustable Christopher Bradley Razor from Karve Shaving. I normally shave with the E-OC, but today decided to use the B-OC, mildest plate I own, in order to protect the tender gourd! There are still some healing areas. That dependable shaving tool coupled with my favorite soap, MWF, resulted in a CCS, which was more than acceptable given the circumstances. I changed the plate to my usual E-OC for the face shave. One careful pass to the dome and a three pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) face shave left with a very smooth BBS result for the face. I keep forgetting what a great shaver the Christopher Bradley is. I feel clean, smooooth and refreshed and ready for the festivities this evening. I'm gifting my son a Swiss Watch I own that he's admired for years. I know he'll be surprised, because the last time he asked about it I just told him it was staying in my will, and that he'd need to be patient.

RAZOR: Christopher Bradley (B.OC, E-OC)
BLADE: Wizamet
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with A&E Post Shave Serum on the dome and Florida Water on the face.

SOTD : 28th January 2020.

View attachment 50911

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (1)

Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

Greetings,

The kanzy k100 has a nice weight to it,with a closed 'tech type head' with no blade over-hang which is comfortable to shave with,having no fear of catching my ear lobes & under my nose when shaving.

The gillette nacet is fast becoming a firm favourite de blade paired together with the non-aggressive K100 razor was another smooth efficient duo.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

I have just ordered that brush,my first Yaqi synth, appears to get a lot of good reviews

I have just ordered that brush,my first Yaqi synth, appears to get a lot of good reviews
You won't be dissapointed,it a superb brush..Mine was a christmas present from my sisters...they bought it ,purely for it's looks..but it's a great shaving brush too...Let us know your thoughts on it's first outing.
Regards. B (y)

You won't be dissapointed,it a superb brush..Mine was a christmas present from my sisters...they bought it ,purely for it's looks..but it's a great shaving brush too...Let us know your thoughts on it's first outing.
Regards. B (y)
At 55mm loft height this should have a good backbone and hopefully a bit of scrub...I'm hoping, will let you know.

Regards. B (y)

I've got the Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse as well, and it's my most used Yaqi synth, and all in all it might even be the brush I reach for the most.

FWIW, I think it seems to have the sweet spot for loft/density/backbone/glue bump and the fibre tips are very soft as well.

Enjoy your new brushes chaps!

I've got the Yaqi Rainbow/Faux Horse as well, and it's my most used Yaqi synth, and all in all it might even be the brush I reach for the most.

FWIW, I think it seems to have the sweet spot for loft/density/backbone/glue bump and the fibre tips are very soft as well.

Enjoy your new brushes chaps!
I think you have summed it up well, a simply good brush...I hope!

This evening brought a shave themed 'Plagiarism'

Russel.jpg

Plague of blood - Karve on a C-plate
Plague of frogs - Polsilver Lodz
Plague of locust - Cadman 30mm 'Miles per hour' Tuxedo
Plague of boils - Signature soaps Hibernia
Plague of pestilence - Brut

I think I may have got something wrong here as to what plagiarism actually means

I decided that today I would save myself having to take, edit and post a photo by having the same shave as @RussellR5555 and then using his photo from a few days back while at it. The only difference being whereas he used some Italian sex in a tin SV I decided on the 'beer and sex and chips and gravy' approach of the best of Bolton. I suppose I could always claim his flirty Italian soap looks like a tin of Signature Soaps with the label ripped off. Even the Italians have to look to Bolton for their flair and ideas.

Italy - Sophia Loren
Bolton - The wonderfully funny and lovely Diane Morgan
Itlay - Juventus
Bolton - Wanderers
Italy - Ducati motorbikes
Bolton - The sexy CCM motorbikes
Italy - Ferrari F8 Tributo
Bolton - Arriva No.538 bus

See, Bolton, getting there. And of course we have @BrianH and his Super Signature Soaps . Which in passing look like tins of SV with a label slapped on them.

Just to prove I am not a complete plagiarist I have covered my own legal ass with the photo below. Of course to prevent Russ from taking me to court for stealing his artistic ingenuity I have left the label on my tin. Not as though he could do anything anyway because if he thinks I could be punished with the plague of darkness, sorry mate, I dreamt that one up in the first place. Been there and got the (rather dark) T-shirt. The one which states 'Black, the new dark plague', in black lettering on black cotton and the label on the inside reading 'Made in China'

And my flowery blue tablecloth went to the charity shop last week

IMG_20200128_195631.jpg

Was it a good shave you may ask after all that blurb? Indeed a most wonderful shave and far better than @Russel666's shave with his fancy Italian soap. Or so I think. Give me Bolton or give me death......oh yeh bit of a non event for me there

In all honesty a superb shave and it was nice to be prompted in to using the same gear as someone else and see what happens. It made me grin wider than a Cheshire cat (not as though I can recall seeing many smiling cats in Cheshire) and feeling smoother than this particular feline lady

Oh to be Batman instead of the Prince of Darkness? Which is what I feel like when I come back from sea and find the majority of the light bulbs in the house are in need of replacement. I am never sure whether Mrs Satanfriendly is home or not, or just covering herself in fluff and newspapers, hiding under the stairs and avoiding me. Which is what I would do if I were her.

Throw on some Brut for good measure and a lovely ending to a lovely shave. I must say I have rather taken to this cheap Brut stuff and could only wish it lasts longer. But for £2.49 what else can I expect?

Be well one and all.

This evening brought a shave themed 'Plagiarism'

View attachment 50926

Plague of blood - Karve on a C-plate
Plague of frogs - Polsilver Lodz
Plague of locust - Cadman 30mm 'Miles per hour' Tuxedo
Plague of boils - Signature soaps Hibernia
Plague of pestilence - Brut

I think I may have got something wrong here as to what plagiarism actually means

I decided that today I would save myself having to take, edit and post a photo by having the same shave as @RussellR5555 and then using his photo from a few days back while at it. The only difference being whereas he used some Italian sex in a tin SV I decided on the 'beer and sex and chips and gravy' approach of the best of Bolton. I suppose I could always claim his flirty Italian soap looks like a tin of Signature Soaps with the label ripped off. Even the Italians have to look to Bolton for their flair and ideas.

Italy - Sophia Loren
Bolton - The wonderfully funny and lovely Diane Morgan
Itlay - Juventus
Bolton - Wanderers
Italy - Ducati motorbikes
Bolton - The sexy CCM motorbikes
Italy - Ferrari F8 Tributo
Bolton - Arriva No.538 bus

See, Bolton, getting there. And of course we have @BrianH and his Super Signature Soaps . Which in passing look like tins of SV with a label slapped on them.

Just to prove I am not a complete plagiarist I have covered my own legal ass with the photo below. Of course to prevent Russ from taking me to court for stealing his artistic ingenuity I have left the label on my tin. Not as though he could do anything anyway because if he thinks I could be punished with the plague of darkness, sorry mate, I dreamt that one up in the first place. Been there and got the (rather dark) T-shirt. The one which states 'Black, the new dark plague', in black lettering on black cotton and the label on the inside reading 'Made in China'

And my flowery blue tablecloth went to the charity shop last week

View attachment 50925

Was it a good shave you may ask after all that blurb? Indeed a most wonderful shave and far better than @Russel666's shave with his fancy Italian soap. Or so I think. Give me Bolton or give me death......oh yeh bit of a non event for me there

In all honesty a superb shave and it was nice to be prompted in to using the same gear as someone else and see what happens. It made me grin wider than a Cheshire cat (not as though I can recall seeing many smiling cats in Cheshire) and feeling smoother than this particular feline lady

Oh to be Batman instead of the Prince of Darkness? Which is what I feel like when I come back from sea and find the majority of the light bulbs in the house are in need of replacement. I am never sure whether Mrs Satanfriendly is home or not, or just covering herself in fluff and newspapers, hiding under the stairs and avoiding me. Which is what I would do if I were her.

Throw on some Brut for good measure and a lovely ending to a lovely shave. I must say I have rather taken to this cheap Brut stuff and could only wish it lasts longer. But for £2.49 what else can I expect?

Be well one and all.

Like it! You forgot the 666 (that's) the A666 a very Satanfriendly road! I even converted an Italian from that well known Italian brand. Thanks as always for your support

Back
Top Bottom