SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

4lFcV6k.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Leomongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green A/S splash
Scent: D.R. Harris Traditional Cologne

40 degrees C here in Perth today, so I picked my software with refreshment in mind.
Three passes and I am BBS, refreshed, and grinning :D.

View attachment 50893

Sotd - today - Sunday the 26th of January - in this foul year of our lord - 2020.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (4)
blade - Indian Super Max (lost count - 7 or 8?)
brush - AP Shave - Silksmoke
soap - Ariana and Evans - St Barts - tallow
post - none
a/s - A&E - St Barts
balm - none
scent - A&E - St Barts - edp.

Result - a travel shave - no shit - my boiler decided to have another hissy fit on Friday night - no heating and no hot water - it isn't as bad as it sounds - I quite enjoy it - truth be told - camping indoors. I own a lot of very good down clothing. I was on the other hand - very happy - to go shower and shave in my partner's flat tonight - abundant hot water. Nice. Have a good week all - yours - I.
Dodgy Boiler, Iain? Have a wee chat with Karl Pilkington - he has a lot of experience in such matters...... :ROFLMAO:.

27/1/20

Razor - Ball End Tech/Yaqi Handle
Blade - Tiger Platinum (5)
Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Post - Akcay Tobacco

The first shave with this blade wasn't bad, but never smoothed out like the PPI blades I am most familiar with using but got more and more prickly with each shave.

Have a good start to the week chaps.

33CC82BA-71F0-479B-A398-6A55B220779F.png
36E815BE-BD0A-49C1-B9AD-66FC1EFF5509.jpeg
SOTD 01/27/20

This is day two of the noggin recovery plan. Since I was only doing a face shave, I broke out the NOS LeCoq Cage Head. This is an aggressively efficient shaver and requires careful handling to avoid it's bite. The Wholly Kaw King of Oud has a luxurious scent and always provides a thick protective lather which in this case was welcomed. Yours truly rode the cap very carefully using short j-curve strokes through that first pass. The PAA Cube Preshave did its job well allowing the LeCoq to do its job as well, mowing down the whiskers allowing for an incredibly close WTG first pass. So close, in fact, that my second pass required only some very careful selective ATG buffing in my regular trouble spots along the underside of my jaw, around the Adam's apple and just behind and under the ears. A check with the alum block and my hand revealed no heat and some very slight roughness remaining around the Adam's apple. Rather than tempt fate, I chose to end this short, delightful technical shave, and happily settled for the near BBS result. My face feels smooth, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: LeCoq Cage Head
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA's Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH.

27/01/2020
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Syn
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor: Karve Stainless SB - C Plate
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6 and out)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

Wk5  (3).JPG

The RR400 was my 1st Synth and it totally converted me. I only have 2 "real" knots and both are vintage, the only reason i keep them.
Copious amount of wonderfully slick lather, whipped up in no time from the RR4 & OSP soap.
3 Passes today and although the blade is still sharp it was beginning to lose its smoothness, so in the Blade bank it went, no reason to push it as, like most on here, i have more blades than i have shaves left in me.
The Karve is very smooth, up there at the top of my DE razor tree.
Sitting here in the nice menthol afterglow from a nice post shave routine.
BBS & feeling good.
Enjoy your Day All.

Hope the Boiler gets sorted soon Iain, your too far north for no heating !
Thanks mate - a nice man with a tool bag has just fixed it - there is much to be said for home service agreements. I think I scared my postman though - answering the door to him earlier - wearing a Rab Summit Extreme jacket and a Red army issue officer's ushanka - flaps down. It was cold this morning. I didn't get a chance to explain before he beat a nervous retreat - I think he thinks I'm a mentalist. Ha ha. I.

Last edited:
Thanks mate - a nice man with a tool bag has just fixed it - there is much to be said for home service agreements. I think I scared my postman though - answering the door to him earlier - wearing a Rab Summit Extreme jacket and a Red army issue officer's ushanka - flaps down. It was cold this morning. I didn't get a chance to explain before he beat a nervous retreat - I think he thinks I'm a mentalist. Ha ha. I.
Ha Ha , you weren't clutching a replica M16 too were you !!!

The Soap was Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Chris , The Brush is the twin of one that you have it also has Mph on the Handle and it wa you who introduced me to the Lodz - Incredible Blades.

Thank you for the correction on the soap.

The Polsilver? So another disciple of @Blademonkey being as he was the man for introducing them to me. Nice choice for the Karve

Mon 27th Jan.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
P & B Pall Mall
Occam-Hiram , Plate No3
Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
Grey Flannel A/S lotion

A back to back Shave with the Hiram,and my first standing up for a while s since breaking my leg. I am afraid that I rushed it a bit, so that while the finish was great on the upper face it was less so around the neck, an area where this Razor is normally quite proficient .I suspect that the Hiram could quite easily be a Daily Shaver, as it is not only efficient but with a Proguard blade very forgiving.

IMG_0472 (1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom