SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

Sunday

Vitos Vegetale
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Parker 24c
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus

The second outing for Vitos' vegan soap. I can't recommend this stuff too highly. It's scent is lovely (albeit fleeting) and performance is as good as, and in some cases better than, some of my other soaps.

The 24c had been languishing for a while, so it was good to give it a spin; especially with a GSB. Despite the arguably limited usefulness of such terms, I don't find it an ‘aggressive' razor by any means (quite ‘mild', in fact); but it gave a nice, smooth shave.

DB71AA33-4024-45EB-BFEF-734A891699EE.jpeg

Sunday AM 2020-01-26

Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Paradigm II Titanium
Personna P74 Tungsten (16)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
mq89bS6.jpg

And for this day I decided that the theme for my shave should be 'The Unforgiven'. And in case you are wondering, there will be no reference to a certain Mr Eastwood at any point.

IMG_20200125_215449.jpg

The Unforgiven - Ikon B1 in Matt stainless with OSS handle
The Good the Blade and the ugly - US Personna
Two brushes for Sister Sara - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
The pale soap rider - Penhaligon's Bayolea
Taint your wagon - Lubin Itasca

Ikon B1's? Probably the most viscous razor in the cabinet and yet the finest finish I can have. Nothing gets closer and nothing takes the same amount of concentration to get these results. Give it an inch and it will happily take your face off. Very unforgiving. After trying a Muhle 41 on loan I really must say these B1's take aggressive efficiency (I have to be shaving politically correct here) to a whole new level. Bar the shave hardened straight brigade.

The US Personna is a new one for me and while exceptionally sharp I can't say it feels as smooth as my usual blade of choice for the Ikon in a Polsilver Lodz. Nice, but not quite there.

Anyway I didn't pay enough attention and my first real cut for some time. The B1's are not the easiest of DE's to negotiate the chin with at the best of times and this wasn't one of the best of times, 'Effing ouch!' and quite some dig. Nothing a styptic pencil couldn't fix while giving that styptic wince they bring with them. Stupid, stupid and.....stupid.

The Lubin is a recent purchase from the BST and it is certainly 'different' to what I usually expect in a scent. It is the daring to be different though which makes the Itasca climb to the top of my scent list at this moment. Great longevity and a great scent which is exceptionally heavenly once it has settled in. Definitely a 'give it some time' scent before the magic comes to the surface. So many thanks to @Ratty-Chewy for the opportunity.

The soap and the brush? Fucking brilliant. Nuff said

Other than the moment of idiocy the actual shave worked out wonderfully smooth and smoother than Ken's genital area

Wishing you all a great week ahead and may your shaves be out of this world. I leave you not with Metalica and Unforgiven but I do hope you will forgive me for signing off in the usual taste

And I did lie

Sotd-26-1-20.jpg

Sotd - today - Sunday the 26th of January - in this foul year of our lord - 2020.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (4)
blade - Indian Super Max (lost count - 7 or 8?)
brush - AP Shave - Silksmoke
soap - Ariana and Evans - St Barts - tallow
post - none
a/s - A&E - St Barts
balm - none
scent - A&E - St Barts - edp.

Result - a travel shave - no shit - my boiler decided to have another hissy fit on Friday night - no heating and no hot water - it isn't as bad as it sounds - I quite enjoy it - truth be told - camping indoors. I own a lot of very good down clothing. I was on the other hand - very happy - to go shower and shave in my partner's flat tonight - abundant hot water. Nice. Have a good week all - yours - I.

View attachment 50893

Sotd - today - Sunday the 26th of January - in this foul year of our lord - 2020.

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Rockwell (4)
blade - Indian Super Max (lost count - 7 or 8?)
brush - AP Shave - Silksmoke
soap - Ariana and Evans - St Barts - tallow
post - none
a/s - A&E - St Barts
balm - none
scent - A&E - St Barts - edp.

Result - a travel shave - no shit - my boiler decided to have another hissy fit on Friday night - no heating and no hot water - it isn't as bad as it sounds - I quite enjoy it - truth be told - camping indoors. I own a lot of very good down clothing. I was on the other hand - very happy - to go shower and shave in my partner's flat tonight - abundant hot water. Nice. Have a good week all - yours - I.
Hope the Boiler gets sorted soon Iain, your too far north for no heating !

Date:- 27 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Back
Top Bottom