SOTD: Saturday 25th January - Friday 31st January 2020.

27/01/20

Razor: Merkur Progress #2.5
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate Cream
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: L'Oréal Ice Impact
ASB: RSC

IMG_20200127_201025.jpg

The Gillette Winner appears to be a smooth blade. It was only subjected to an easy two-pass today so the true test will be Wednesday's shave. The EJ shaving cream is average in performance.

SOTD : 28th January 2020.

s.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso ~ Eucalyptus & Menthol.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless. (1)

Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

Greetings,

The kanzy k100 has a nice weight to it,with a closed 'tech type head' with no blade over-hang which is comfortable to shave with,having no fear of catching my ear lobes & under my nose when shaving.

The gillette nacet is fast becoming a firm favourite de blade paired together with the non-aggressive K100 razor was another smooth efficient duo.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

After a day with the youngest granddaughter Zuzu my shave of the day is dedicated to her and hence themed 'A box load of Teddy bears'...... For obivious reasons

IMG_20200127_200146.jpg

Aged nearly three she always makes a beeline for the box of Teddies in our bedroom. She has a name for each as little girls would have...

Back to front left to right

Jeremy - Brass Hone
Mr Purple (the grumpy looking chap with atedditude) - Feather
Violet - Razorock 400
Nancy - Penhaligon's Blenheim cream
Mr Blue - ADP Assoluta

A lovely day spent in the company of little people and what could be a better way to round off the day than in the company of some great shaving gear.

Bring on the heavy brigade and bring on the brass Hone. Give it a new Feather blade and feed it something wonderful to do its duties with. Give it some Penhaligon's Blenheim cream and apply with that trusty friend the 400. Straight out of the tube and the Blenheim looks as if it should be quite everyday, all thin and weak for a cream. Give it some water and this stuff really lathers up brilliantly. As an easy way in to a shave I really love this stuff. I find the Cadman Tuxedos to be too stiff for this cream and the 400 is a far better option.

One superb close and comfortable shave later and feeling latex bottom smooth

Throw on some ADP Assoluta being as the Blenheim EDC probably won't make it through the shower room door. Heavenly, divine, call it what you like, but smelling about as lemony as possible.

So bloody happy I'll leave you with this very appropriate bit of Japan

Date:- 28 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- OMG!....Thank goodness for the FANTASTIC cold beer of Guinness on a real warm pisser late afternoon shave.

Yesterday's Shave.

Preshave: The Lovely African Black Soap
Brush: Cadman 30mm
Blade: Supermax Platinum. (Both the Platinum and Blue Diamond I find excellent Smooth and Middle Sharpness Blades)
Soap: S.V. Tundra Artica
Razor: Karve D Plate
Splash: Razorock Puros
Balm: Barts Grapefuit and Pink Pepper
EDT: Bodyshop Activist

View attachment 50912

Amazing that we both have the same brush with our initials. And neither of us have them correct. I have called it appropriately the 'Miles Per Hour' brush

Still a highly rated set up in my eyes

Tue 28th Jan.
Cyril Salter /MS. ED2band
Lea Classic soap
Occams- Hiram & Plate No3
Feather Proguard [ 3 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Today had my 3rd consecutive Shave with The Hiram on plate No3, and my second one standing up.Yesterday I rushed the Shave so the finish was rather poor around the neck. I made sure not to rush today, and was rewarded with a smooth and comfortable Shave, and probably one of the closest all round Shaves I have had from any type of Razor. Whats more with the Proguard there seems little chance of mishap during or post shave problems occurring from the Shave.

IMG_0473.jpg

Last edited:
28/01/2020
Tabac Tuesday,
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak 1950's
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Argan & Almond oil Lotion / Vintage Tabac
A/S: Tabac