SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

And today's shave could only be themed one thing, 'A Happy Christmas you wonderful shavateers'

View attachment 82001

Have - Rocnel Elite
A - Polsilver Lodz
Happy - AP(?) 24mm Cashmere
Xmas - Officina Artigiana
All - L'Occitane Cade balm
Of - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos Cologne
You - Yes, I do. I love all of you

And to throw in an extra as a bargain. My birthday shave. And a beautiful shave at that.

Have a lovely one with your families all you TSR folk and I wish you all the very best.

What else could you ever want? Christmas Beaver?

A belated happy birthday!

Too lazy today for a photo. :whistle:

RR GC .68 razor
Stirling Spice soap
Lord Silver Star blade (#2)
RR 24mm Hive synth brush
Avon Brisk Spice NOS cologne

As a note, I used my last vintage stick of Old Spice Classic Deo/Anti-pers. as well. It was discod. approx. 6 or 7 yrs. ago leaving only their Classic deo. now. On a sadder note, I read they have just recently discod. their Classic Body Wash. :cry:

Good evening everyone. I hope you’re all well.

Brush - Simpson T3
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4,4)
Blade - Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap - Stirling Frozen Tundra
Post - Baxter
Splash - Floid
ADT - Molten Brown Oud and Accord
D5435199-666F-4468-9811-C449C4D97F30.jpeg

Hi all

I’ve no idea how this shave even happened as I’m absolutely wrecked. Henry Weston’s Cider followed by Whiskey. I still have some blood left. Stay safe.

Garry

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = PAA Platinum Strangelet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Sawdust Creations
Soap = Black Panther By Pinnacle Grooming with matching splash
Balm = Boots The Chemist Freshwood
3EC57BDE-167F-4B9A-9F0A-1260E6D169E3.jpegBrilliant shave this one again, but i’m definitely preferring The Rockwell 6s at the moment.
At one time the ASD2 was my razor of choice but just shows we all change our minds.
Don’t get me wrong i love the Feather but in terms of neck area i 100% get a better shave with the Rockwell.

The Soap for me was a first and another great addition
at first i was quite sceptical as the top note in this is Canabis, something i have zero interest in however i have to say the scent was top drawer & the performance of the soap is brilliant, everything you want in a soap but pinnacle seem to be very thirsty so a little goes a long way.

The Blade again performed very well on its second outing, i still can’t believe it as i genuinely didn’t have much hope for these blades but how wrong am i
definitely worth a try
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads

Last edited:
07C3EECB-047B-4840-BC6D-8C97A015BF94.jpeg

SOTD: 26/12/2021

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 1st use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Christmas Eve EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely Christmasy shave and the Christmas Eve splash works well with the Ozark Mountain. The luxury of being off means plenty of time to build a good lather and this extra time really benefits the Stirling and makes it nice and smooth. I was a little more direct with my angle of attack with the Hone than normal and it gave me an even closer shave than normal. Never had a bad Stirling splash they are great and long lasting.
Enjoy the rest of your Boxing Day guys.

@BrianH
@Scorpio93
@Nearsmooth

Very appreciated chaps. You are all on my Christmas card list for next year now
Prep: shower and soak Omega boar brush in warm water.
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Polsilver super Iridium
Brush: Omega Boar brush- shedding loads of hair
Soap: Signature Vectis
ASB : Proraso
AS: Marks and Spencer Wood Spice.
Excellent shave. The soap was super slick.The blade was smooth. Finishing off with the low-cost Proraso balm and first use of my Christmas present, Wood Spice AS from M & S . A really nice winter scent. Tremendous. Have a great day everyone!
All the best for 2022. Regards Brian

Edwin Jagger DE89L | Gillette Platinum | ShedEleven Scauld Law Ash and Boar Brush | Signature Soaps Britannia | Bulldog Balm | Trumper’s Spanish Leather Cologne

5834BD7C-6D0D-4538-A9C1-2A0FCED6ABEF.jpeg
Today was a welcome return to the very first DE razor I managed to get a proper result with back in 2012 and I have to say it was marvellous. Through all the vintage Gillettes and esoteric modern stainless steel razors, I still think it’s difficult to beat a DE89. I could happily use this lovely razor continuously. The angle is so intuitive, you can feel it gently cut stubble and it delivers an excellent shave.​

Mon 27 SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Feather AC Clone
Blade Feather ProGuard 8th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
A very nice soap! Nice scent, good creamy and very slick lather...great!!
This razor is very nice + easy to use, paired with this blade which I thought the time is up...turns out into a grand shave! The blade is still ever so smooth and still very efficient in 3passes gave me a bbs finish. Perhaps because I have more time and took it slower...Aftershaves were impressively great for freezing my face... :LOL:
20211227_123931.jpg

SOTD 27-Dec
20211227_103418.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora'
Soap: B&M Fougere Angelique
Razor: Rex Ambasador (3, 1.5)
Blade: GSB (1)

Good shave this morning, couldn't get my hands on the Angelique splash so thought I'd try pairing with the Arlington. Remarkably seems to work quite nicely so won't miss the matching set.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Early morning (for me ) 7am shower due to 8am Sale at a well known retailer and bargain hunting.
Brush: Omega Boar brush soaking in warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Polsilver Super Irridium
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
ASB: Proraso.
AS: Speick
3 pass shave using the super slick Vectis and the excellent Polsilver for a fantastic smooth shave. When I run out of Speick AS I need to restock because its a superb product.

Back
Top Bottom