SOTD : Saturday 25th December-Friday 31st December 2021.

27 December

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Simpson Duke 3
Rockwell 6S
Personna med prep
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

D72B7CC6-B8EB-4E73-9B92-4FA0BA7514EE.jpeg

The B&M Reserve is a tough soap to crack especially with a small brush. Nonetheless a good lather was obtained with a bit of work and a fine shave resulted.

27/12/2021

Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Trafalgar T3
Soap: B&M Seville

20211227_104812.jpg
Today was a welcome return to the very first DE razor I managed to get a proper result with back in 2012 and I have to say it was marvellous. Through all the vintage Gillettes and esoteric modern stainless steel razors, I still think it’s difficult to beat a DE89. I could happily use this lovely razor continuously. The angle is so intuitive, you can feel it gently cut stubble and it delivers an excellent shave.​

I know what you mean G - I'm loving the DE89. I don't want to put it away just yet. A fresh blade alternative loaded for the next shave.

27/12/2021

Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Trafalgar T3
Soap: B&M Seville

View attachment 82093

I know what you mean G - I'm loving the DE89. I don't want to put it away just yet. A fresh blade alternative loaded for the next shave.
It was your pictures of that golden belle that prompted my return. Now that Matron has seen the gold, her inner Midas has gone all Gollum, “My precioussss…”

27/12/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Perma-sharp Supreme (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ralph Lauren Safari EDT

Wk 52 (13).JPG
The Dart is getting better the more i use it, i could be just kidding myself, however, i think the cold water face rinse helps tighten the skin just before the shave.
Paired with the 3 shave Vintage Perma-sharp (3 x 2 pass shaves) it has delivered a wonderful, comfortable finish, no errors to report and no irritation.
Although i was very mindful and using the lightest of touches i was a lot more confident, 2 passes only required WTG then ATG.
I have finished off this bottle of Barts lotion and have another 3 sets on the go.
A nice splash of Safari to finish off.
A very happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

A day later than my last themed shave and so I bring you my SOTD with the theme 'A season to be merry and good shaves to all men'

20211226_172205.jpg

A merry razor - Tatara Nodachi
A good blade - Polsilver Lodz (4)
Hangover brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Seasonal soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Splash it all over splash - Penhaligons Bayolea

Fighting bit out of the way and a long wait to the next annual punch up. Time to return to the normality of shaving and reporting.

The Tatara is fast becoming a firm favourite of mine and I have yet to have a duff shave which entices me to say 'It's shite'. May it remain that way. With the Polsilver between the plates an awesome piece of shavingness and as smooth as buggery. I am not sure the lesser aggressive Masamune would have hit quite the same note with me and to be honest I can't see any reason why I should even try that road. This is Nodachiness at its best.

Perfect results

And another new find in the ever expanding world of Japanese girly bands. One I rather like and see more coming your way much to your misfortune. Enjoy..................or don't of course

Sotd-27-12-21.png
Yesterday and this morning -

razor - Leaf Twig
blade - Treet Dura-Sharp carbon (3 & out) - (1)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - Palmolive stick
post - cold water
balm - Weleda.

The bare bones. Everything I needed and nothing I didn't. Great. Even after only four uses, I can say with certainty that the Treet carbon is the smoothest and most skin friendly blade I have ever used. Stop. New par.

Enjoy yours amigos - I.

16FA3756-4F3D-4C94-9A1B-75105CFE24BD.jpeg

SOTD: 27/12/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 10th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful shave from start to finish, unlike the Kai blade in the Excalibur the feather is still going strong. Smooth from start to finish, I need to get the matching splash to this soap when I find time and cash to grab it!

QRB7ecn.jpg

Mühle R89
Astra SP
(#1)
Turn 'N Shave 25mm Tux Quarter Moon
Viking Tree Of Life
soap
RR American Barber AS

One pass N to S DFS and man does this AS smell nice!! :love:

Monday AM 2021-12-27
J.M. Barrie play 'Peter and Wendy' premiered on this date, London, 1904
TK0iT09.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (10)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

Fantastic lather from a small almond-sized scoop of the cream. It's 16 degrees outside this morning - a good day, I think, for staying indoors and sorting and rearranging my shaving gear.
AED4hd7.jpg

269835857_1129029947917730_6635395861256521281_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

This TFS soap is a sleeper - pops out of the shadows to provide awesome results then returns quietly to its neutral scent state to await its next appearance! I needed something bland to appreciate (or otherwise) the double-header of Bond's Whisky combo and it certainly gave me a clean palette to add to. The balm is honeycomb sweet, and the ASL is much more dialled back, although neither comes close to whisky - possibly Jack Daniels Honey at a huge push - but more akin to a mead than a whisky. However the setup as a whole works, and if I remove any thoughts of whisky, then this was a pleasant shave akin to wiping a Crunchie all over my face, and who's to say that's a bad thing?:p

Back
Top Bottom